The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He’s starting to look like George Rose….
Porker.
Looks and brains are two different things when you are on the paddock .We will judge Schuster after the 2023 season compared to George but for now he is the key to Manly having any success in 2022 .George would never have caught that kick from Moses .Give Schuster the ball in that last set on Friday and Manly wins the game .Bring on Melbourne .

FFS, if we want him to be the next Artie… cool. But he ain’t getting big bucks to be a highly skilful fata$$ prop…. Oh wait, Jake.

Who'd win in a 100 metre "dash" - Jake or Schuster?
Josh looked like he was running in mud the other day.

I reckon Georgie Rose would give them both a run for their money.

This was only 2 years ago.....Donny, wtaf have you done here?

Coming back from injury so a little off the pace but to be honest he has been our most dangerous player on the field when he has been out there.

That speaks volumes to his potential.

I think people have been severely underrating how important he is to this team.

Coming back from injury so a little off the pace but to be honest he has been our most dangerous player on the field when he has been out there.

That speaks volumes to his potential.

I think people have been severely underrating how important he is to this team.
He's playing better than he was in the back end of last year. He looks great. Was our most dangerous player in the rabbits game and had very important touches in his stint against Parra. He is a star. I can agree his match fitness needs working on but other than that I think he's already shot up as one of our most valuable players again.

Schuster v Hasler...

Des always speaks about building pressure. Always! It is 'the process', 'building pressure'. Possession, field position. And it sure makes sense, because how often have we seen (to our utter frustration and dismay) how a single leg-up (whether penalty, 6 again, dropped ball etc) can quickly result in an opposition try and completely change a game's momentum?

But - we've also witnessed young Schu's error rate and propensity for high risk plays. This is in direct contradiction to the basic footy principles as Des sees them!!

Des's ideal player is a Matt Ballin type: disciplined, mistake free, all effort, turns up 100% of the time. Maybe a saving grace is that Des also played alongside Cliffy and must know the value of a brilliant footy instinct.

So how can this tension possibly play out? It might be Des's greatest challenge as a coach, to get the maximum from this kid's unique talent.

The ball is equally in Schu's court of course, and he has the chance this Saturday to twist Des's arm and make Manly succeed as a risk-taking team. Should be well worth watching!

Schuster v Hasler...

Des always speaks about building pressure. Always! It is 'the process', 'building pressure'. Possession, field position. And it sure makes sense, because how often have we seen (to our utter frustration and dismay) how a single leg-up (whether penalty, 6 again, dropped ball etc) can quickly result in an opposition try and completely change a game's momentum?

But - we've also witnessed young Schu's error rate and propensity for high risk plays. This is in direct contradiction to the basic footy principles as Des sees them!!

Des's ideal player is a Matt Ballin type: disciplined, mistake free, all effort, turns up 100% of the time. Maybe a saving grace is that Des also played alongside Cliffy and must know the value of a brilliant footy instinct.

So how can this tension possibly play out? It might be Des's greatest challenge as a coach, to get the maximum from this kid's unique talent.

The ball is equally in Schu's court of course, and he has the chance this Saturday to twist Des's arm and make Manly succeed as a risk-taking team. Should be well worth watching!
Out of curiosity ,is there a player in our squad at the moment that suits Des's ideal player .A good coach will pick the players in the positions that will win the team the premiership .It is about the whole squad to work as a group for the team to be successful .Schuster has some errors in him , but all from trying something compared to other players giving away simple errors that makes you wonder how they made FG .Des was not only playing with Cliffy but all the other players did their bit and that is what we need now .We have plenty of youngsters coming through and should be given opportunities or we loose them .Go Manly .

Out of curiosity ,is there a player in our squad at the moment that suits Des's ideal player

Jake, Foran, Davey, probably Garrick, Parker, Croker, Lawton. I suspect he likes DeLuis and wishes he was a little more impactful. Probably likes Tuipulotu now also.

Kicking game was under rated tonight. Every bomb he did to the right hand side was half a metre short of the try line. Hope he gets a run again at 6 next week against the tigers. Thought Davey had one of his better running games off of schu tonight as did harper. Can only get better!

Meh they are only low percentage plays because he hasn't played 5/8 at all for 2 years lol... cost us? Even with turbo we were out of the top 8. Let him make his mistakes he'll only get better and learn from them. Like dez said first 80min game since coming back from injury so fitness probably caught up to him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4