The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Meh they are only low percentage plays because he hasn't played 5/8 at all for 2 years lol... cost us? Even with turbo we were out of the top 8. Let him make his mistakes he'll only get better and learn from them. Like dez said first 80min game since coming back from injury so fitness probably caught up to him.
Imagine how silvertails would have crucified cliffy and Phil Blake, and shearer etc. if silvertails had been around then. All guilty of low percentage plays, but they were match winners and get us out of our seats. That is manly, exciting football.

Hard to satisfy everyone on what they watch on the TV until you are at the game and experience how the crowd reacts on individual players when they touch the football .Schuster has errors in him but the crowd knows that and they want him to have more ball as he is one of the players they have come to the game to watch what he is going to do with it .Hope Des gives him the 6 jumper till the end of the season so he can learn from his mistakes .I will take any of Schuster's errors than the simple errors some of our team makes .Bring on the Tigers .

Coming back from injury so a little off the pace but to be honest he has been our most dangerous player on the field when he has been out there.

That speaks volumes to his potential.

I think people have been severely underrating how important he is to this team.
Put a brain in there and it would be so.

Imagine how silvertails would have crucified cliffy and Phil Blake, and shearer etc. if silvertails had been around then. All guilty of low percentage plays, but they were match winners and get us out of our seats. That is manly, exciting football.
Yep Cliffy could be rocks or diamonds from time to time.

Yep Cliffy could be rocks or diamonds from time to time.
It is an issue, because the NRL is so much more structured these days and even the lower teams can turn the tables quickly when gifted possession. Of the most successful teams in recent years, Panthers Storm Chooks, they rarely make high risk plays, they just apply pressure until something cracks then score through fast accurate execution.
Schu's skills can beat those robotic sides but he does have to learn to be more selective. If Cliffy was playing in today's version of rugby league he'd be under the same pressure as Schu. Couple of clangers last night but we were miles ahead so not too much damage.

It is an issue, because the NRL is so much more structured these days and even the lower teams can turn the tables quickly when gifted possession. Of the most successful teams in recent years, Panthers Storm Chooks, they rarely make high risk plays, they just apply pressure until something cracks then score through fast accurate execution.
Schu's skills can beat those robotic sides but he does have to learn to be more selective. If Cliffy was playing in today's version of rugby league he'd be under the same pressure as Schu. Couple of clangers last night but we were miles ahead so not too much damage.
Clinical is the word I’d use.

They look flashy because they are so well drilled but really they are just clinical.

They do all the standard things consistently, rarely do their players throw a “ Hail Mary “ ball they just frustrate other teams into making mistakes and when they do they make them pay.

they interviewed Foran after the game and he said Josh is a great talent but needs to learn when to pull the trigger...

That’s all anybody is saying here. No one is bagging him or saying that he won’t be good enough.

Also, there is a reason why goal kickers go through the same routine when they’re in front of the posts to when they kick from the sideline. It’s because it’s a habit forming action and they don’t want bad habits creeping into their routine.

The same applies to Schuster. If he gets in the habit of throwing stupid passes at 38-6, it’ll come out subconsciously in a big game, at 12-12 in the 78th minute. That flick pass wasn’t low percentage, it was impossible.

On the plus side, Schu looked very upset with himself when he lost possession, even when he did a dud kick towards the end, so it's not as though he doesn't realise how important the fundamentals are.

He'll always have the odd error but I'm confident he'll quickly develop excellent control and game awareness as to when to play it safe. He's got the best possible teachers at Manly so he'll be fine.

On the plus side, Schu looked very upset with himself when he lost possession, even when he did a dud kick towards the end, so it's not as though he doesn't realise how important the fundamentals are.

He'll always have the odd error but I'm confident he'll quickly develop excellent control and game awareness as to when to play it safe. He's got the best possible teachers at Manly so he'll be fine.
At the game the chat from the players was much more noticeable than usual. When the warriors player strolled through to take the bomb (that was subsequently saved by Harper) foz was giving it to the players behind the goal line when they were waiting for the video ref. Jake also had a few cracks at Schu after a couple of errors. Not bagging DCE but I have never seen him really get so animated at the players.

I know these “no look passes” have a general perception of being “too flashy” and “risky”. However can you name anyone currently playing, that does it better?
In the juniors, he was very much a running #6, who would constantly take on the line, often with the ball in only 1 hand. Then draw the opposition before, the no look pass.
He seems content to just limit his game, to drawing and passing at the moment. As I said before, he’s arguably the best exponent of it so I’m happy to tolerate the odd misjudgment.
Once he gets match fitness and more confidence, hopefully he’ll start to produce the full array of skills he has.

I know these “no look passes” have a general perception of being “too flashy” and “risky”. However can you name anyone currently playing, that does it better?
In the juniors, he was very much a running #6, who would constantly take on the line, often with the ball in only 1 hand. Then draw the opposition before, the no look pass.
He seems content to just limit his game, to drawing and passing at the moment. As I said before, he’s arguably the best exponent of it so I’m happy to tolerate the odd misjudgment.
Once he gets match fitness and more confidence, hopefully he’ll start to produce the full array of skills he has.
That is why you are Daddycool , because that is how Schuster plays his football .Cool is how I describe the way he plays .Takes risks and they come off more than not .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8