The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The expectations for Schuster from Manly supporters are way over the top considering his age, and that he is playing out of position. Consider also the fact that other players, inside and outside of him, who should be mentoring him right now, are completely out of form. Back row is clearly not his best position, and the sooner we get him to five-eight the better. The only way this will happen is if DCE, Foran and Cust rotate through nine and seven, at different stages in the game.
I honestly can’t see what Foz has done to justify keeping the Shoe’s preferred position. I legitimately forgot Foz was playing the other night. Cust to #9, Shoe to #6, Cherry #7, Tom #1, Walker to #3, Jake to #8. Croker, Garrick, jetski, parker to blacktown.

And ffs can someone tell suli to pass the ball

I'm not blaming him. I'm just pointing out that he is as much a part of the problem(s) as anyone in this team right now. If he's got park level footballers outside of him then he shouldn't be trying no look tap-on's or passes to them because they will rarely, if ever, pay off. He's not an idiot, surely he could have figured that out by now and if he hasn't then there has to be someone within the team/staff who can set him straight.

The kid has talent and a lot of it. But you can't be trying trick shots every time when they haven't been paying off. Don't play like he's got Steve Matai and Michael Robertson outside of him with Brett Stewart racing through as well. He's got Brad Parker and Reuben Garrick with a fullback currently who doesn't know the meaning of backing up because...he's not a fullback and simply doesn't know. Learn to walk first, then run.
This is why we are 16th (last)! An inability to differentiate between real talent and the rest. Topping the tackle count in a team getting flogged each week shows real courage and effort. Failing to recognise that and comparing him to in under achieving players who miss many tackles and keep dropping the ball is very difficult to understand.

You're missing the point. No one on this team should be given a pass for having good defense when we are giving up around 40 points per game.
Ok I agree but why is Schuster being singled out? WTF do people expect from him? DCE, Foran, Croker have done SFA yet the one player who’s trying & playing reasonably well is copping it! I don’t get it.....sorry.
Get Schuster into 5/8 or Lock & let him play his natural game coz he sure as hell will do better than the incumbents!

I honestly can’t see what Foz has done to justify keeping the Shoe’s preferred position. I legitimately forgot Foz was playing the other night. Cust to #9, Shoe to #6, Cherry #7, Tom #1, Walker to #3, Jake to #8. Croker, Garrick, jetski, parker to blacktown.

And ffs can someone tell suli to pass the ball
I think it's more to do with lack of depth at edge forward. Davey gone for season, Siro injured, Guaca injured, Jetski playing busted. We had to start Boyle on the edge on Thursday that's how much we are struggling in the back row department. I think Schuster is there because he can make a reasonable fist of that position not because Foran is keeping him out of 6. I can't see that situation changing until Guaca and Siro are fit, at which point he'll go back to bench I imagine.

Really impressed with his defence live today.
They targeted Foz early and the 19yo just tackles his butt off protecting Foz.
Obviously has attacking flair, but his defence is on point.
Great asset for a 5/8 too.
I know expectations were high for this kid..in my eyes he has exceeded them. His playmaking is what was advertised... but today I saw great defence and he was breaking tackles today as well with power and finesse.

Benji wasn't blowing smoke when he said this kid had the best debut he'd ever seen. I respect Benji opinion more than anyone else in the game. The guy is an ornament to the game. Way higher than any of the pondscum out of the Bellyache pool.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10