The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader
IMO, when he comes back from his injury I think Des should leave Davey in the back row, move Jake to starting prop with Aloiai and put Schuster in at lock as an extra ball player.

Jake has peaked as a lock and I think its time he moved back to the front row. Schuster has more skill than Jake and would be better linking with DCE, Foz and Turbo (when he's back) on either side of the ruck.
Where do you think Schuster goes when Walker comes on?

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
The other thing to consider is the defensive workload. If Shoe plays lock he needs to hold up defensively. He tackles well but there’s a big difference from making 10-15 tackles on an edge to making 40+ in the middle. I’m sure he could but how much does that blunt his attacking effectiveness? I think people under rate what Jake does for us with 40+ tackles, 15+ hit ups as well as playing that link role every week.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Not so sure about that mate @nightster Bullemore on the bench provides us with more versatility than Taupau, Keppie or Sipley. I would also like to see Schuster tried at lock, with Jake moved permanently into the prop rotation. Even Davey as lock, with Schuster on the left edge could work. Its a good problem for Manly to have as we basically have all of our forwards available for selection soon.

8. Aloiai
9. Croker
10. Jake
11. Ola'katau
12. Schuster
13. Davey

14. Walker
15. Lawton/Bullemore
16. Paseka
17. Taupau/Keppie/Sipley
I don’t disagree but I think he (Bully), is not at the top of Des’s list
Davey claimed in a recent interview that he used to be able to do the stuff that Schuster does when he was younger?! Pfft pull the other one.
Yeah, so could I

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Schuster straight back to the left edge.

Jurbo/walker combo at lock is working great for defensive workload and ball playing spark.

Kalvin

Bencher
No way I would be dropping Davey... if you recall our powderpuff forwards after the first 2 rounds!
In saying that, we need to find room for the Schu in the 17 once fit!

A good conundrum to have... I'm sure their will be other injuries and most will get their chance

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If Schu is fit this week then surely he'll be picked on the bench for his first run of the year.
It makes sense that Marty gets some time to get over his niggles.
But if Marty is selected today then Keppie may be the odd man out. Even if he's back in by game day! (good way to send a message to Keppie) :)

alafua8

Reserve Grader
They can add Schuster on the bench with Walker, Lawton and ( Keppie or Bullemor ) . Give Marty a rest and start with Aloiai and Paseka .They can also give Foran a rest and play Schuster at 6 .

Eagle 1

First Grader
If Schu is fit this week then surely he'll be picked on the bench for his first run of the year.
It makes sense that Marty gets some time to get over his niggles.
But if Marty is selected today then Keppie may be the odd man out. Even if he's back in by game day! (good way to send a message to Keppie) :)
Marty needs the message more so than Keppie..

Snoz1976

Reserve Grader
I thought I read last week he was out of rehab and commenced field sessions. I would think maybe another 2 weeks but only a guess. Depends how he is physically after not being able to run for extended time.

Eagle 1

First Grader
I thought I read last week he was out of rehab and commenced field sessions. I would think maybe another 2 weeks but only a guess. Depends how he is physically after not being able to run for extended time.
Schuster's injury woes now come with a Schuster injury loading +2wks.

alafua8

Reserve Grader
With the team going well ,Des would not want to rush back injured players .Looks like it was always going to be after round 6 for Schuster's ankle injury .

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14