The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Schuster on bench, comes on at lock & Jake moves to prop, Walker, Paseka & Keppie other benchies (assuming Aloiai & Marty start)...
Think that's the way Dessie will see it, at least for next Sat anyway, Schuster of the bench. I'd give Marty a rest, I've noticed he's getting injured early in games. The heavy grind of playing in the NRL is now catching up to him. Who would you have at hooker, going on last week it's got to be the Lawman, but then again Crooker notched up a lot of tackles. Nice headache for Des to have.

Think that's the way Dessie will see it, at least for next Sat anyway, Schuster of the bench. I'd give Marty a rest, I've noticed he's getting injured early in games. The heavy grind of playing in the NRL is now catching up to him. Who would you have at hooker, going on last week it's got to be the Lawman, but then again Crooker notched up a lot of tackles. Nice headache for Des to have.
Good point re: resting Marty.

Start Aloiai & Paseka.

Start Jake at 13, move him to prop when Schuster comes on at lock.

I'd still start Croker at hooker for his defence & he's shown some adventure darting from dummy half of late.

Bench: Walker, Schuster, Lawton & Keppie

Thats a bench that can cover prop rotation, second row, hooker, halves, lock & centres.

No need for 4th prop if Jake moves there when Schuster comes on?

Last edited:
Good point re: resting Marty.

Start Aloiai & Paseka.

Start Jake at 13, move him to prop when Schuster comes on at lock.

I'd still start Croker at hooker for his defence & he's shown some adventure darting from dummy half of late.

Bench: Walker, Schuster, Lawton & Keppie

Thats a bench that can cover prop rotation, second row, hooker, halves, lock & centres.

No need for 4th prop if Jake moves there when Schuster comes on?
And Gauca Davey 2nd row....yep, I can definitely live with this starting side.

Its a great problem to have.

Marty could really benefit from a rest even this early on.

Seems very unlike DES to rest someone thou.

Having an experienced starter like Marty fit and healthy at the back end is under rated IMO. Sure needs to be balanced against winning games to make finals.

But no good being there and having key men all busted.

Just great to have the option of saying freshen up OLD BLOKE we need you at the back end.

Don't think I can't remember the last time such a luxury existed.

Last edited:
You don't have props, second rowers and locks any more. They are middles and edges. Sure your middles can have different roles and I guess the lock is seen as more of the ball player rather than the battering ram, but they are still playing through that middle 3rd. What do people think Jake is currently doing when Walker comes on ?? Is he moving to "prop" or is Walker the "prop" in that relationship ?

If Schuster comes off the bench into the middle forward rotation what are we doing with Walker ? are they job sharing that role ? Because I think Walker has been one of the key ingredients of our attack end of last year/start of this year - we need to keep him on the field for at least that 40-50 minute role he has been getting. I guess you never know until you give it a try but I see Shoes' value on the edge not in a 10-15 minute cameo in the middle - although it could have value in terms of easing him back into match fitness. But if he comes off bench then Lawton misses out IMO - you can't have a bench with Walker, Lawton and Shoe, especially not with Tapau's seeming inability to get through a game without injury. That puts too much load on Vera and Tent.

If Schuster is ready to go I'd start Davey on that edge, then bring Shoe off the bench after 30 minutes or so and put Davey into the middle forward rotation. He can cover Keppies role just as well, defence is solid and he is a willing runner. Probably give away less penalties and make less errors.

Outstanding mate.

Alternatively,

1. Garrick
2. Saab
3. Harper
4. Parker
5. Tuipulotu
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Trbojevic
9. Lawton
10. Aloiai
11. Olakau'atu
12. Davey
13. Schuster

14. Walker
15. Paseka
16. Keppie
17. Taupau
No need for 3 props last week Keppie played 16 min , Kapow 30m ?props should be playing 50 to 60 min and Jake can play 80 if needed

poor young Ethan Bullemor .... he won't get a run unless we have multiple forward injuries ... we are getting some great forward depth, with some young guns coming through too

poor young Ethan Bullemor .... he won't get a run unless we have multiple forward injuries ... we are getting some great forward depth, with some young guns coming through too
Bit concerned Bully's not getting any games, I'd be sticking him into our Blacktown side to shake of the cobwebs. Des needs to see where Bully's games at.

Not so sure about that mate @nightster Bullemore on the bench provides us with more versatility than Taupau, Keppie or Sipley. I would also like to see Schuster tried at lock, with Jake moved permanently into the prop rotation. Even Davey as lock, with Schuster on the left edge could work. Its a good problem for Manly to have as we basically have all of our forwards available for selection soon.

8. Aloiai
9. Croker
10. Jake
11. Ola'katau
12. Schuster
13. Davey

14. Walker
15. Lawton/Bullemore
16. Paseka
17. Taupau/Keppie/Sipley

My wacky prediction is this:
Walker to play in the backs while Turbo is out and schuster to play the no. 14 role.
Schuster isn't the blockbusting type like Walker is, although it's worthy of some thought as he'll be coming on against tiring fwds midway in both half's.

Schuster is a good prospect but no one in the back row should make way for him currently. Walker stays on bench and lawnton relieves frog and schuster doesnt

He hasnt played in 6 months

We have no need to rush him back. Give him a game at blacktown or another week recovery to see if injuries or form determines

Funny club culture moment ahead, des and his incumbancy mantra against good old fashion form

Schuster is a good prospect but no one in the back row should make way for him currently. Walker stays on bench and lawnton relieves frog and schuster doesnt

He hasnt played in 6 months

We have no need to rush him back. Give him a game at blacktown or another week recovery to see if injuries or form determines

Funny club culture moment ahead, des and his incumbancy mantra against good old fashion form
He's got to be in there somewhere, he'll be coming of the bench. I'd rest Marty, it's only the Titans.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8