The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Have always believed in Schuster so great to see this interview proving he is putting in the work and is committed to the team.

What’s even better is the club releasing something positive like this. I think we’d all feel better here seeing news and stories like this straight from the club, rather than hearing nothing except for what the media is feeding us (which is 99% horse****)

I was going to post the vid straight after, and my internet cut out! @:D

Anyway, it's a good insight. Sometimes I wonder if videos to the club are a better way to respond to the rubbish journos make up.

Like "Josh hates playing second row"

Just release a vid: "I love playing for Manly, no matter the position."

Always good to cut out a middle person if they are muck raking fibber pants.
Gee global muck raking fibber pants is way too kind. I think you need to speak with mickqld about upping your game.

Must be just about time to spuik 2023 membership....
The time is always right to do the right thing feathered friend

Each Manly soul can make a difference

The strength of the team is each individual member

Let us proudly Become part of the 2023 team

Let us all Become passionate 2023 club members

:h: The Manly Sea eagles

See the source image

Alicia NewtonNRL ReporterTimestampFri 21 Oct 2022, 11:18 AM

Sea Eagles young gun Josh Schuster has used his time off to shed weight, detailing how his decision to miss the World Cup will help set up his 2023 season as he prepares to replace Kieran Foran.

Schuster noted he finished Manly’s disappointing 2022 campaign “around 120 kilos” after he endured a disruptive personal year that included calf and ankle injuries.
A playmaker all through his juniors, Schuster beefed up under former Manly coach Des Hasler to play in the forwards after Foran made a return to the club.

However, the veteran’s move to the Titans has Schuster primed to take the No.6 jersey, a role he’s been chasing on a permanent basis since coming into first grade in 2020.

“There was a lot of outside talk of me not being happy not playing five-eighth,” Schuster said.

“[But] I’ve always had a big passion for the game and playing NRL, no matter what position you play, is the dream. I was never unhappy.
“Learning under Fozzy was unreal, he’s the ultimate competitor. Playing next to him was the best experience.”
Schuster has been training every day while on annual leave and has dropped over 10 kilos to get back to a weight suited to the halves.

It was a sacrifice that the 21-year-old, who stole the show on debut for Samoa in the Pacific Test match in May, needed to make in a bid to make the most of his opportunity next season.

“I chose to skip the World Cup for Samoa to get my body right for Manly,” he said.

“This year wasn’t up to scratch with my performances. I was already behind the eight-ball and playing catch-up [due to injury].

“I finished the season at around 120 kilos and the weight I want to be is 105. Currently, I’m 107 so got two kilos left and the pre-season is around the corner.”

Schuster will be among those to return to pre-season training in November while the likes of halves partner Daly Cherry-Evans won’t be back until January at the latest.
“I’m counting down the days until the 2023 season and am hungrier than ever,” he said.

“I started here since I was 14 and been through the juniors ... the jersey means the world to me.

“The fact that all the boys I grew up with in the juniors want to work hard as well.

“I want to be a leader for those boys. To see them working hard too is very pleasing.”

People forget that this actually wasn't that long ago at ALL:

No-one is doubting his ballplaying abilities that is for sure but whether he can contribute in an all round capacity at a decent intensity year after year after year without it feeling like a chore to attain the fitness levels to do so.

Remember even Joe Galavoa was a Fullback once and im sure Josh can prove the doubters wrong for the first 2-3yrs to a degree.

What i do like about Josh most is he has this understated hint of arrogant confidence that has been lacking in a Manly player for a long long time that i feel will bring up younger players through the ranks looking up to him, Captain material if he keeps improving.

If he loses the weight holds it off and sharpens up it will be a joy to watch but i am ruthless in my assessment of players, i'm willing to be flexible with players going in reverse from the backs to the forwards not a naturally forward physique trying to hold down his weight to perform at 5/8.

No-one is doubting his ballplaying abilities that is for sure but whether he can contribute in an all round capacity at a decent intensity year after year after year without it feeling like a chore to attain the fitness levels to do so.

Remember even Joe Galavoa was a Fullback once and im sure Josh can prove the doubters wrong for the first 2-3yrs to a degree.

What i do like about Josh most is he has this understated hint of arrogant confidence that has been lacking in a Manly player for a long long time that i feel will bring up younger players through the ranks looking up to him, Captain material if he keeps improving.

If he loses the weight holds it off and sharpens up it will be a joy to watch but i am ruthless in my assessment of players, i'm willing to be flexible with players going in reverse from the backs to the forwards not a naturally forward physique trying to hold down his weight to perform at 5/8.
Agreed with everything you have said but needed to add that Josh at times needs to play for Josh .What I mean here is he needs to stop thinking about creating space for other team mates every time he gets the ball but attack the defense himself .Would love to see him in the attacking zone at full flight with all the options he has in his bag of tricks .Let's hope he has an injury free 2023 .

Agreed with everything you have said but needed to add that Josh at times needs to play for Josh .What I mean here is he needs to stop thinking about creating space for other team mates every time he gets the ball but attack the defense himself .Would love to see him in the attacking zone at full flight with all the options he has in his bag of tricks .Let's hope he has an injury free 2023 .
The slower and less agile one becomes lends itself to being a creator facilitator to compensate.

We havent seen the real Josh Schuster yet. As a forward he's not had the opportunities to utilise his skills in full. And 2022 was a wasted year for him, spending most of it injured and then on the bench and being over weight and seemingly without confidence. The fact he's making such an effort to address his weight issues and speed in the off season suggests we will see what he really can do at 5/8 this coming season. He could be anything

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8