The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I guess his lack of discipline doesn’t count? Letting himself balloon out is not significant? You are right… his performance is all on him… so WTf did he allow himself to balloon out to gastrointestinal size?
Didn't he have 2 stints out through injuries, and Des kept him on the bench for 10min cameos, also did a couple of 18th man duties also. 2022 was a dogs breakfast for Josh, not hard to see why Josh was carrying the extra kgs through out 22.

Didn't he have 2 stints out through injuries, and Des kept him on the bench for 10min cameos, also did a couple of 18th man duties also. 2022 was a dogs breakfast for Josh, not hard to see why Josh was carrying the extra kgs through out 22.
I agree. There were some tough challenges for Josh this year and it was far from ideal. I was just disappointed in how he responded to those challenges. I hope he learned a lot from this year and comes out firing next season.

I agree. There were some tough challenges for Josh this year and it was far from ideal. I was just disappointed in how he responded to those challenges. I hope he learned a lot from this year and comes out firing next season.
And I agree with what you say HK E, I guess to some extent he played under Foran's shadow somewhat. But going on what we're seeing now from Josh, he's off to a flying start fitness wise, we can only hope the footy gods will be kind to him in 2023.

Ok out on a limb tip here. I think the Schu is going to have a blockbuster year. Barring injury to him and the core around him (Tom, Koula,Garrick,DCE, Jake, Olakau'atu) this guy is going to show us all what he's capable of. I said back in 2020 that this guy can be another Fittler, Daley type and I'm backing we will see that talent bloom next year.

Ok out on a limb tip here. I think the Schu is going to have a blockbuster year. Barring injury to him and the core around him (Tom, Koula,Garrick,DCE, Jake, Olakau'atu) this guy is going to show us all what he's capable of. I said back in 2020 that this guy can be another Fittler, Daley type and I'm backing we will see that talent bloom next year.
Well said feathered friend

I believe the Schu will shine as well

I believe the Schu will shine as well
1670016641100.png

Careful Mick,that positive outlook is out of character lol.

Perhaps better to be a little bit tempered with how Shu may go as the or a 6 , short term or longer . Has some special talents and ability but fairly critical position including defensive requirements , Hopefully his credible but also much required fitness improvement will allow a fairly smooth transition there but again not assured . Didn 't go too bad against the Warriors at Brookie last season as the 6 , again not the ideal yardstick but certainly competitive enough there . Of course need someone to go well there after the excellent input Foz provided there and the Shu will have every opportunity there at least initially . I st grader though of course in every aspect and has to be in the Manly line up somewhere . . Have to still take into account that he was going so well mid way through 2021 that he was even being looked at as a S O O prospect and that was not as a 6

Been watching Schuster at training a couple times and at the rate he's going ,we have not seen the best of him yet .So let's all sit back and support our 2023 team as Manly will be competitive till their last game in the finals next year .If we do not get injuries to some of our key players in the finals ,we will be in there with a chance .

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6