The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The club made their first mistake with their non inclusive approach to the Pride jersey. According to reports, these players did not learn about the jersey till Monday morning, 36 hours before the Tuesday team announcement for the Thursday night game. When I learned of this gross incompetence by the club, I immediately thought to give up my 57 year support for the club. My interest has waned due to this, but I am still supporting the team. I am hopeful that both supporters and players can leave all this behind and we can launch into a more successful 2023 season. By the way, the Pacificas are some of my favourite players in the team. I would prefer that none of the leave.
Sorry mate - we are of the same generation but I completely disagree. In hindsight was it an error not to share the jersey with the players prior - absolutely. Do they get approval to put Points Bet on the jersey - no... do they get approval for an Indigenous Jersey, Anzac Jersey, Marvel Jersey etc - no. The players are hypocrites for picking and choosing what parts of their culture and belief are sacrosanct and which parts of their teachings they can decide to ignore - ie gambling/drinking etc. I will absolutely bet that out of the Boycott 10 there will be some bigger sins in at least one or more of their closets than wearing a jersey supporting same sex relationships. Is the club blameless - no not at all but again if I was running the club and I have been involved in lots of sporting organisations as well as running my own business and based on the Points Bet Jersey and 4 Pines Stadium.. I wouldn't have thought there was a need to get approval from any players. Do I think the different jersies we wear across a year is nonsense - absolutely - just a marketing ploy and to me not really genuine. So to me we should have a home and away jersey and that it is. Do I think these guys are talented - yes mostly very talented. But yes the hypocrisy to me is something I can't accept. If they all were absolutely rock solid in following all of their principles that to me is a very very different situation but yes the picking and choosing is what absolutely grinds me.

Sorry mate - we are of the same generation but I completely disagree. In hindsight was it an error not to share the jersey with the players prior - absolutely. Do they get approval to put Points Bet on the jersey - no... do they get approval for an Indigenous Jersey, Anzac Jersey, Marvel Jersey etc - no. The players are hypocrites for picking and choosing what parts of their culture and belief are sacrosanct and which parts of their teachings they can decide to ignore - ie gambling/drinking etc. I will absolutely bet that out of the Boycott 10 there will be some bigger sins in at least one or more of their closets than wearing a jersey supporting same sex relationships. Is the club blameless - no not at all but again if I was running the club and I have been involved in lots of sporting organisations as well as running my own business and based on the Points Bet Jersey and 4 Pines Stadium.. I wouldn't have thought there was a need to get approval from any players. Do I think the different jersies we wear across a year is nonsense - absolutely - just a marketing ploy and to me not really genuine. So to me we should have a home and away jersey and that it is. Do I think these guys are talented - yes mostly very talented. But yes the hypocrisy to me is something I can't accept. If they all were absolutely rock solid in following all of their principles that to me is a very very different situation but yes the picking and choosing is what absolutely grinds me.

Mate .. if it is against ALL workplace laws for any employer to even ask an employee what their sexual orientation is ... not even allowed to ask .... what makes you think that an employer can even ask, let alone compel/force an employee to wear a gay pride shirt ....

Mate .. if it is against ALL workplace laws for any employer to even ask an employee what their sexual orientation is ... not even allowed to ask .... what makes you think that an employer can even ask, let alone compel/force an employee to wear a gay pride shirt ....

As an employee you are usually required to uphold the standards and social direction of your employer and in this case, also the NRL.

Prying into employees sexual orientation is nothing close to comparable so thats a fairly long bow you've drawn there.

And lets not forget the fact they were allowed to stand down for the round. I dont see it mentioned often enough that they were given every right to take their stand.

As an employee you are usually required to uphold the standards and social direction of your employer and in this case, also the NRL.

As long as those standards are legal ... and an employer cannot compel an employee into doing something that contravenes their religious or cultural belief's .

Prying into employees sexual orientation is nothing close to comparable so thats a fairly long bow you've drawn there.

Don't you think attempting to force an employee to wear a gay pride jersey is intrusive ... ? I'll repeat, if you are by law not allowed to even ask if I'm gay ... then sure as dickens you are not allowed to make me wear a gay pride shirt ... no long bow, they're holding hands .

Sorry mate - I know your view and mine is pretty clear. The hypocrisy here is on a stratosphere level. I will say again... the club does not ask them and get their approval on any other jerseys... maybe until now.

Also the legal advice I just read was pretty clear that an employer can require the wearing of a uniform as long as the employer pays. Now that might be challenged in a court obviously based on these clowns "objections" but I am guessing the judge would take a dim view to Points Bet being ok on the jersey and 4 Pines Park being ok to play at. One day it might get to that where it goes to court - who knows.

By the way... from my memory... the jersey never mentioned the words Gay Pride... the jersey had rainbow hoops

Sorry mate - we are of the same generation but I completely disagree.
We can agree to disagree, but I think for the well being of everyone involved with the club it is best to let go & move on. If there is any disharmony in the playing group due to this issue, I am sure it can be resolved if handled correctly. Ultimately, all the players wish to succeed on the field and we, as supporters, wish to witness that success.

IMO, it would contravene religious discrimination regulations if an employer tried to force an employee to act contrary to their religious beliefs or support a cause contrary to their religious beliefs.

By the way... from my memory... the jersey never mentioned the words Gay Pride... the jersey had rainbow hoops
It was always called the Everyone in League Jersey, and it celebrated inclusion. At no stage was it ever called a "Gay Pride" jersey. I am waiting for mine to arrive and will wear it at Magic Round next year. It will definitely be interesting wearing it down Caxton St that's for sure.:p Ann St will be a different story though. @:cool:

POPULAR ITEMS

2022 Sea Eagles Mens Replica EIL Jersey_FRONT2022 Sea Eagles Mens Replica EIL Jersey_left
2022 Sea Eagles Mens Replica Everyone in League Jersey

Sorry mate - I know your view and mine is pretty clear. The hypocrisy here is on a stratosphere level. I will say again... the club does not ask them and get their approval on any other jerseys... maybe until now.
Problem with your argument is that none of the other jerseys pose an issue to their religious beliefs, even the gamble and alcohol advertisements.
Secondly they are fully aware, well advance they will be wearing said jerseys, it's part of the draw they know round x Is such and such a round, so they are indeed informed of jersey requirements well in advance, even if by indirect means acknowledging Anzac / indigenous rounds etc not the style but certainty a particular jersey on said round.

Contrast that to being informed 4 days prior to what they believed was women in league round, they are to be wearing a gay pride jersey promoting something directly against their religious beliefs and you are always going to have a problem.

Anyway I'm not trying to convince you otherwise, you have your thoughts and so be it,I respect that, some of us just believe otherwise.
Cheers

I agree with a lot of what you say ... however, the personal traits I have my doubts about ... are generally evident regardless of postion played, or even performance ... even if Foran was running the bucket and sponge, you would immediately see that he wanted to be the best sponge and bucket runner ever .. people would marvel at the speed in which he got to an injured player, the competency in which he wiped the wet sponge across their face, applaud him when he yells "get up! it's only a broken leg"

cheers mate ...
No offence. He's probably a great guy. As a a footy player and the future 5/8 for our club he is a dud and not the answer. He is LAZY!

It was always called the Everyone in League Jersey, and it celebrated inclusion. At no stage was it ever called a "Gay Pride" jersey. I am waiting for mine to arrive and will wear it at Magic Round next year. It will definitely be interesting wearing it down Caxton St that's for sure.:p Ann St will be a different story though. @:cool:

POPULAR ITEMS

2022 Sea Eagles Mens Replica EIL Jersey_FRONT2022 Sea Eagles Mens Replica EIL Jersey_left
2022 Sea Eagles Mens Replica Everyone in League Jersey
Yes, but thanks to brilliant marketing within the gay pride movement 8 out 10 people world wide associate the rainbow colours with the movement and not everyone in league.
Manly could do well with similar brilliance in marketing.

Imagine the Australian rugby league team running out with Manly jerseys on, the inside collars saying Australia. "But it's an Australian Jersey, it doesn't say Manly ot says Australia !"

How long has Schu been back from injury ? Yet he still can't crack the starting 13 and at times has been left out of the 17. This is the guy who's going to lead our attack into the future. I had massive wraps on him till Des turned him into a 2nd rower. God help us.

So how do organisations know if they have an inclusive workforce?

How long has Schu been back from injury ? Yet he still can't crack the starting 13 and at times has been left out of the 17.
I posted in the last few weeks that apparently Schuster has some injury which requires off season surgery. Maybe this is the reason he is being given limited minutes? However, it must be very disheartening to take the field each week when the team is already behind on the scoreboard with little chance of winning. I noticed after Cronulla's second try on Sunday, DCE was grasping his head in despair behind the try line. The captain's mood is likely contagious.

Last edited:
We can agree to disagree, but I think for the well being of everyone involved with the club it is best to let go & move on. If there is any disharmony in the playing group due to this issue, I am sure it can be resolved if handled correctly. Ultimately, all the players wish to succeed on the field and we, as supporters, wish to witness that success.

IMO, it would contravene religious discrimination regulations if an employer tried to force an employee to act contrary to their religious beliefs or support a cause contrary to their religious beliefs.
as I just said I would suggest that stance would be strongly contested in court based on their actions in following some religious beliefs in the workplace but then deciding to ignore others. Would be an interesting case to see whether religious freedoms extend to picking and choosing what parts of your culture and religion you decide to follow on a given day. Also the club isn't asking them to participate in same sex or even wear a jersey that mentioned same sex or gay pride - just wear a jersey with coloured hoops. Again all for more intelligent and litigious minds than mine. Hopefully no other club has a similar issue over something else in the future.

Anzac, marvel jersey etc do not go against their religious beliefs. Now if these players had been Muslim rather than Christian all you moaners would be supporting their stand point. Not one of you would be up for getting the anti-muslim tag..

as I just said I would suggest that stance would be strongly contested in court based on their actions in following some religious beliefs in the workplace but then deciding to ignore others. Would be an interesting case to see whether religious freedoms extend to picking and choosing what parts of your culture and religion you decide to follow on a given day. Also the club isn't asking them to participate in same sex or even wear a jersey that mentioned same sex or gay pride - just wear a jersey with coloured hoops. Again all for more intelligent and litigious minds than mine. Hopefully no other club has a similar issue over something else in the future.

Lee Hagipantelis, the head of Bryden's Lawyers, someone who as a major sponsor of West Tigers would be very experienced and knowledgeable about footy contracts ... said

“On the other hand, the boys have objected on cultural or religious grounds. Now there are numerous pieces of anti-discrimination legislation which provide that you can not discriminate against someone on the basis of their cultural or religious beliefs.

“If these boys are stood down or they refuse to play themselves, they cannot be compromised or prejudiced so far as their employment is concerned otherwise that would be clearly unlawful.”

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10