The No DH policy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For mine, Watmough has to be strongly considered for the biggest DH team of the last 25 years. At least when he was playing for Manly, he was our DH.

Terry Hill and Hoppa Senior are also Manly nominees...

9. Ennis 'by a country mile' - not so sure as Scam Smith gives him a run for his money. I'd have Smith at 9. and Ennis on the bench.
5. Mad Dog - stand out after the '97 GF
6. Either Mundine or Terry Lamb
Agree with @Moondog - gotta have Sam Burgess and Thaiday on the bench.
I reckon Corey Norman gives choc and baa strong competition..

Lot of Broncos in here but that's not unexpected
1 Julian O'Neill
2 Michael Hancock
3 James Roberts
4 Justin Hodges
5 Adam MacDougall
6 Terry Lamb
7 Craig Field
8 Russell Packer
9 Cameron Smith (c)
10 Matt Lodge
11 Adam Blair
12 Michael Croker
13 Greg Bird

Reserves Les Boyd, Michael Ennis, Sam Burgess, Sam Thaiday
Coach Warren Ryan
Absolutely hilarious - a magnificent effort!

Focussing on the off field...

1 Jack Wighton
2 Blake Ferguson
3 Josh Dugan
4 Greg Inglis
5 Kirisome Auva’a
6 Corey Norman
7 Craig Field (c)
8 Russell Packer
9 Andrew Johns
10 Matt Lodge
11 Jason Smith
12 John Elias
13 Greg Bird

Reserves Julian O’Neill, Kenny Edwards, Ritchie Fa’oso, Ben Barba
Coach John Hopoate

Last edited:
Lot of Broncos in here but that's not unexpected
1 Julian O'Neill
2 Michael Hancock
3 James Roberts
4 Justin Hodges
5 Adam MacDougall
6 Terry Lamb
7 Craig Field
8 Russell Packer
9 Cameron Smith (c)
10 Matt Lodge
11 Adam Blair
12 Michael Croker
13 Greg Bird

Reserves Les Boyd, Michael Ennis, Sam Burgess, Sam Thaiday
Coach Warren Ryan
Wow... you’ve really outdone yourself here Moondog... that’s quite a collection of league villains.

I can’t believe you guys haven’t selected Robbie o’davis at fullback due to his mustard coloured suit alone.

It’s an Eadie vs snake argument between the two “0s” o’davis and O’Neill

The BRONC DH OS......hahahahahaha

A BRISBANE nightclub owner who claims he was tackled by Broncos skipper Darren Lockyer during a team drinking session two weeks ago believes there is a culture of fear among the city's business owners to publicly condemn players, claiming a string of incidents have gone unreported.

Casablanca Bar owner/operator Terry De Gunten described his extreme fear when he was lifted in the air after confronting Broncos players who had walked out of his establishment with unopened bottles of alcohol on Saturday, September 6.

The revelation comes amid a police investigation into claims of sexual assault involving a 24-year-old woman and three Broncos players last Saturday night. Karmichael Hunt, Darius Boyd and Sam Thaiday have spoken to police in connection with the allegation.
"When [Lockyer] tackled me I was in fear," De Gunten told the Herald last night. "I didn't want to act in an aggressive manner because I was surrounded by six or seven guys, so I just acted as if it was a joke and laughed and lay down so they'd leave me alone.

"They had reached behind the bar where there was a display bin with RTDs [pre-mixed drinks]. They threw cash behind the bar and walked out with eight bottles before the girl even had a chance to count the money. They walked onto the street with unopened bottles, which is against the liquor laws - we can be fined for that. So I went after them and that's when he tackled me."

The Broncos were celebrating their win over Newcastle the night before. De Gunten added this was not the first time his club had had trouble with Broncos players.

"A few years ago we had players throwing pizza all over our windows," he said. "We have been told by everyone that it is not worth raising issues with the Broncos because they are very well connected and it would not be worth it. It has always been a motto here in Brisbane - if you react against them, you could get yourself into trouble. The attitude is not to go against those guys."

The Casablanca club released security camera footage of the incident to media last night, although it is difficult to identify the men involved. De Gunten, however, was adamant the Australian captain was the man in the video shouldering his midsection and lifting him slightly off the ground.

"I didn't realise who it was straight away, I don't follow football, but afterwards I realised it was him," De Gunten said.

The Broncos refused to comment on the incident. Before the revelation came to light yesterday, Lockyer had fronted the media before a training session at Suncorp Stadium, denying reports he had raised concerns about his teammates' drinking habits.

The veteran did his best to deflect questions regarding the sexual-assault allegation, saying: "Am I disappointed in the players? I'm here to talk about footy guys."

But he did admit: "After things such as this happen, you have regrets. There's always a lesson to be learned. I'm sure there was. Obviously, it's a big story but at this stage they're innocent, so I'm not going to buy into talking about the whole issue."

Meanwhile, it has emerged that one of the Broncos trio interviewed by police in connection with the alleged sexual assault in the male toilets of a Fortitude Valley nightclub was evicted from two other premises in the hours after the alleged incident.

A staff member at the Normanby Hotel confirmed an intoxicated Boyd, a key member of the Broncos' back line, was asked to leave the premises just after 11.30pm on Saturday. An hour later, Boyd was also asked to leave the GPO nightclub in Fortitude Valley.

The Normanby Hotel staff member, who did not wish to be named, confirmed allegations made by fellow patrons that Boyd and another Broncos player had behaved in an unruly fashion in the taxi line outside the hotel.

"Yeah, they [Boyd and another Broncos player] were here on Saturday night … they did jump the queue and were really mucking up in the line and they did manage to get in [to the hotel], but they were kicked out pretty quick," the staff member said.

A GPO patron told brisbanetimes.com.au that at 12.30am, Boyd was removed from the premises because of drunkenness - despite the protests of Thaiday, who "was pleading with the security guard to let him stay".

GPO venue manager Dustin Osborn confirmed Boyd, Hunt, Thaiday and a fourth player were at the premises on Saturday night.

"We did knock back one of the boys from coming in, although the others still came in. I definitely saw one player refused entry … he was just too blind," Osborn said. "They were here for a while. No major incident involving the boys occurred on Saturday, but … one player may have been asked to leave."

I can’t believe we have all forgotten about the Immortal DH Joey Johns! (Brilliant footballer though)

The BRONC DH OS......hahahahahaha

A BRISBANE nightclub owner who claims he was tackled by Broncos skipper Darren Lockyer during a team drinking session two weeks ago believes there is a culture of fear among the city's business owners to publicly condemn players, claiming a string of incidents have gone unreported.

Casablanca Bar owner/operator Terry De Gunten described his extreme fear when he was lifted in the air after confronting Broncos players who had walked out of his establishment with unopened bottles of alcohol on Saturday, September 6.

The revelation comes amid a police investigation into claims of sexual assault involving a 24-year-old woman and three Broncos players last Saturday night. Karmichael Hunt, Darius Boyd and Sam Thaiday have spoken to police in connection with the allegation.
"When [Lockyer] tackled me I was in fear," De Gunten told the Herald last night. "I didn't want to act in an aggressive manner because I was surrounded by six or seven guys, so I just acted as if it was a joke and laughed and lay down so they'd leave me alone.

"They had reached behind the bar where there was a display bin with RTDs [pre-mixed drinks]. They threw cash behind the bar and walked out with eight bottles before the girl even had a chance to count the money. They walked onto the street with unopened bottles, which is against the liquor laws - we can be fined for that. So I went after them and that's when he tackled me."

The Broncos were celebrating their win over Newcastle the night before. De Gunten added this was not the first time his club had had trouble with Broncos players.

"A few years ago we had players throwing pizza all over our windows," he said. "We have been told by everyone that it is not worth raising issues with the Broncos because they are very well connected and it would not be worth it. It has always been a motto here in Brisbane - if you react against them, you could get yourself into trouble. The attitude is not to go against those guys."

The Casablanca club released security camera footage of the incident to media last night, although it is difficult to identify the men involved. De Gunten, however, was adamant the Australian captain was the man in the video shouldering his midsection and lifting him slightly off the ground.

"I didn't realise who it was straight away, I don't follow football, but afterwards I realised it was him," De Gunten said.

The Broncos refused to comment on the incident. Before the revelation came to light yesterday, Lockyer had fronted the media before a training session at Suncorp Stadium, denying reports he had raised concerns about his teammates' drinking habits.

The veteran did his best to deflect questions regarding the sexual-assault allegation, saying: "Am I disappointed in the players? I'm here to talk about footy guys."

But he did admit: "After things such as this happen, you have regrets. There's always a lesson to be learned. I'm sure there was. Obviously, it's a big story but at this stage they're innocent, so I'm not going to buy into talking about the whole issue."

Meanwhile, it has emerged that one of the Broncos trio interviewed by police in connection with the alleged sexual assault in the male toilets of a Fortitude Valley nightclub was evicted from two other premises in the hours after the alleged incident.

A staff member at the Normanby Hotel confirmed an intoxicated Boyd, a key member of the Broncos' back line, was asked to leave the premises just after 11.30pm on Saturday. An hour later, Boyd was also asked to leave the GPO nightclub in Fortitude Valley.

The Normanby Hotel staff member, who did not wish to be named, confirmed allegations made by fellow patrons that Boyd and another Broncos player had behaved in an unruly fashion in the taxi line outside the hotel.

"Yeah, they [Boyd and another Broncos player] were here on Saturday night … they did jump the queue and were really mucking up in the line and they did manage to get in [to the hotel], but they were kicked out pretty quick," the staff member said.

A GPO patron told brisbanetimes.com.au that at 12.30am, Boyd was removed from the premises because of drunkenness - despite the protests of Thaiday, who "was pleading with the security guard to let him stay".

GPO venue manager Dustin Osborn confirmed Boyd, Hunt, Thaiday and a fourth player were at the premises on Saturday night.

"We did knock back one of the boys from coming in, although the others still came in. I definitely saw one player refused entry … he was just too blind," Osborn said. "They were here for a while. No major incident involving the boys occurred on Saturday, but … one player may have been asked to leave."

Don’t worry they have PLENTY of history up here but rarely ever get called for it, and let’s not forget who the major owner is , NEWS LTD!!

Don’t worry they have PLENTY of history up here but rarely ever get called for it, and let’s not forget who the major owner is , NEWS LTD!!
I know Mark.........funny how quickly things get swept under the carpet involving other teams yet anything to do with Manly gets spread from ar$h0le to breakfast!!! Rothfield wants Walker banned for life yet conveniently hasn't mentioned Musgrove or Coleman or Hayne!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a nice start to the list.

Fill in the blanks...

2.John Hoppa ( loved him when he was a Manly player but he really is one isn't he????)
3. Justin Hodges - first class DH
6. Anthony Mundine
8. Paul Gallen - Just a knob
9. Ennis by a ****ry mile
10. Mark Geyer - thoughts?
11. Tallis, Tallis, Tallis and Tallis - this Knob is also my pick as captain DH.
12. Adam Blair

Coach.
I simply cannot agree with your number 9. Immortal 2 contracts Referee Smith wins hands down, absolutely no contest.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4