The No DH policy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
back in 2004 when Des first took over this is something the club did well we recruiters not only good footballers but good humans.

During Barrett’s time that had changed we went for quick wins based on ability
Two examples are walker and AFB who had both had off field issues. There were others too Hastings has been shown the the door from the roosters.

While it’s safe to say AFB is a reformed man we can’t say the same about walker.

The club can’t afford this bad publicity, after the season from hell when all the headlines about manly were from the wrong reasons we were enjoying 6 weeks of positivity when this last incident happened Thursday.

Des and the people he has a round him
a decent family oriented people I’m sure we will see the return of the No dickhead policy at our club.

th.jpeg

We also had a security team as well as a no dickhead policy.
They use to keep an eye on players when they went out together.

Maybe we need Beaver involved somewhere, the players use to go to his place for card nights.
They could have a drink and muck up a bit like normal young blokes away from preying eyes.

The problem I have with all this is , we’ll sack Walker ( and be short yet another centre ) and he’ll pop up after a short period off the paddock at the Roosters ( or Souths) and be playing against us by July.

It’s the NRL that needs a no DH policy not just an individual club.

Last edited:
The problem I have with all this is , we’ll sack Walker ( and be short yet another centre ) and he’ll pop up after a short period off the paddock at the Roosters ( or Souths) and be playing against us by July.

It’s the NRL thar needs a no DH policy not just an individual club.
You can bet Todd would push for walker to be at the dogs
I agree this is a huge problem for the nrl and you are right Walker would be off to another club by season ends
But that is all speculation at the moment walker still has the presumption of innocence until his day in court.

I must have missed the memo about how to lose your lollies when you hear the panic button ...

In 3 years we have one incident of a bloke going way too far in an arguement with his partner ...... and he will be dealt with in accordance of both the law and the severity of his actions ..... we have argueably the best record in the NRL in recent times ....

.. and suddenly we are in crisis mode requiring armed security guards minding players and a review of our recruitment criteria .....

Heaven help us ..... poor Freddy Jones would never get a start with you mob .....

I must have missed the memo about how to lose your lollies when you hear the panic button ...

In 3 years we have one incident of a bloke going way too far in an arguement with his partner ...... and he will be dealt with in accordance of both the law and the severity of his actions ..... we have argueably the best record in the NRL in recent times ....

.. and suddenly we are in crisis mode requiring armed security guards minding players and a review of our recruitment criteria .....

Heaven help us ..... poor Freddy Jones would never get a start with you mob .....
as long as Freddie was not going to be considered as a happy hooker for your hot tub of iniquity send off .

In 3 years we have one incident of a bloke going way too far in an argument with his partner ......

WTF Woodsie? Grub Action by a Bloke that has almost OD'ed, Broke his hand punching a ****ing door(real smart yeah) and now what is it? " he went WAY too far in an ARGUMENT" yes???

NO! He has probably raised his hands against a woman who's just had his kid. I use the word probably as we dont know the truth yet. But if proven he should get the boot up the arse right up Pittwater road and back across the bridge.

Every time its OK that an NRL star ****s up 50 young kids out there that look up to these guys also think its ok to do the same. The NRL banned fighting why? because of kids doing just the same every week? These guys need to take some responsibility for their actions and wake the **** up.....

Our game is littered with this cancer and that's what it is. Young men paid way too much to throw a ball about and for some reason park decency at the door.... Matt Lodge, Jack Whighton, Dylan Walker, Most of the Parramatta team. all grubs....

He's a loose cannon we don't need.

But won't that exclude me and the moderators?

• 😆
Reactions: lsz
No dickhead policy at our club.

The issue is that for most/all clubs (including us), this policy will be flexible if the player is good enough. Convictions for serious offenses are a slightly different story.

Remember we tolerated one of our best players punching a club sponsor, urinating on shop fronts, etc. This happened while Des was coach, so let's not pretend we have the moral high ground on this one.

WTF Woodsie? Grub Action by a Bloke that has almost OD'ed, Broke his hand punching a ****ing door(real smart yeah) and now what is it? " he went WAY too far in an ARGUMENT" yes???

NO! He has probably raised his hands against a woman who's just had his kid. I use the word probably as we dont know the truth yet. But if proven he should get the boot up the arse right up Pittwater road and back across the bridge.

Every time its OK that an NRL star ****s up 50 young kids out there that look up to these guys also think its ok to do the same. The NRL banned fighting why? because of kids doing just the same every week? These guys need to take some responsibility for their actions and wake the **** up.....

Our game is littered with this cancer and that's what it is. Young men paid way too much to throw a ball about and for some reason park decency at the door.... Matt Lodge, Jack Whighton, Dylan Walker, Most of the Parramatta team. all grubs....

He's a loose cannon we don't need.

Wonderful post .... but of nil relevance to my point ...

I just don't think that the actions of one player necesitates the hand wringing, world is falling apart, we need security guards and a reference from players priests before we sign them ....

Wonderful post .... but of nil relevance to my point ...

I just don't think that the actions of one player necesitates the hand wringing, world is falling apart, we need security guards and a reference from players priests before we sign them ....

Perhaps your right but it does lead to one valid point that this thread has touched on. NO MORE DICKHEADS PLEASE.

Perhaps your right but it does lead to one valid point that this thread has touched on. NO MORE DICKHEADS PLEASE.

On the fair dinkum side .... I agree no certified habitual serial DH's need to be imported ..... but it is still a working man's game attracting testosterone feuled 20 year olds ... many from questionable social and economic backgrounds .... there will always be dickheads .... always have been dickheads .....

.. and Rugby League will always be a game that offers a chance at redemption for many of them ... some will take that chance ... others will run out of chances and have to join Parramatta .....

.. and we don't have to import dickheads .. we are quite capable of producing our own home grown variety .... to think we will ever be completely dickhead free is naive .....

With Walker ... the O/D was tragic but victimless .... his punching a door stupid ..... hardly crimes that stunned the Nation ..... this latest episode however raises that bar to criminal .... but until all the evidence is in and weighed and a court determines the severity of his actions ..... I will withhold calls for a lynch mob ......

It’s the NRL thar needs a no DH policy not just an individual club.
Mate I'd think if this is as serious as some are saying , you won't have to worry about that happening. He will be overseas at best.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7