The new Lewis Brown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I was reading through here Bozo and agreed Brown will not, nor should get another contract based on form.
Really surprised mate - I do not jump on to bag you here as reckon you are a whole hearted supporter - but to call him a loser is poor form.
I personally would have others ahead of him in the 17 but he does have versatility and gives his best in the Maroon and White.
The loser part is a no go.
Sorry feathered friend , Browns best is not up to the Manly standards that have made us a formidable club .His versatility ? What versatility ?Slow back , Weak back rower .
I take the loser quote back and I will just call him lousy

Last edited:

manlywarringah

Bencher
Premium Member
I can’t see him going anywhere now that we’re under the pump salary cap wise.

We’ll need all we have this year so better get used to him covering spots off the bench.

I don’t think he’ll be offered a new deal but while he’s here next year, he’ll get my support.

Apart from footy he seems a very decent guy.

I remember a story in New Zealand where he saw an old lady have her bag snatched and he took off after the guy who dropped the bag and kept running.

Brown got the bag and brought it back to the lady and checked on her.

A decent guy and an average first grader...not the worst but would struggle to get into most teams 17. We may not have much choice this year so I’m sure he’ll still get a run.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Sorry feathered friend , Browns best is not up to the Manly standards that have made us a formidable club .His versatility ? What versatility ?Slow back , Weak back rower .
I take the loser quote back and I will just call him lousy
He is versatile...not a world beater - but versatile....and he represents Manly.
I have seen better players put in less effort in Manly colours and get away with it because they were more popular.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
He is versatile...not a world beater - but versatile....and he represents Manly.
I have seen better players put in less effort in Manly colours and get away with it because they were more popular.
For me a popular player is the one that makes impact when he runs on to the field . The winning NRL teams are no popularity contests they are teams of quality impact players that run on to the field and make a difference and not just make up the numbers like Brown does .

brad

First Grader
Yeah that all sounds well & good but he took half an hour to jog back to her and then passed over the bag that poorly that the old woman dropped it.
If she dropped it that is unacceptable and should have been hooked to regies . It wouldn't have been the great Lewy Brown's pass .

The McCarrs Creek Eagle

DEFENCE MUST BE THE FIRST PRIORITY
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Join in feathered friend !!! :)
Join in feathered friend !!! :)

I remember when he was first signed I didn't know much about him but with all the talk about him at the time in the paper's etc.

I had high hopes, but I didn't think he made much of an impression (on past form ), although I'm hoping he can do a good job for us this year I don't think he should be resigned.

brad

First Grader
For me a popular player is the one that makes impact when he runs on to the field . The winning NRL teams are no popularity contests they are teams of quality impact players that run on to the field and make a difference and not just make up the numbers like Brown does .
Bozo what about the likes of big Frank or Kelly or Lane mate . They don't always make an impact either ? Don't get me wrong im not knocking these blokes , but if we get down to the whole nitty gritty thing we could lay into them as well . Kelly being young and 1st year gets benefit of the doubt . I hope Brown doesn't have to many very good games for ur sake otherwise you will be eating a very dirty old hat .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Bozo what about the likes of big Frank or Kelly or Lane mate . They don't always make an impact either ? Don't get me wrong im not knocking these blokes , but if we get down to the whole nitty gritty thing we could lay into them as well . Kelly being young and 1st year gets benefit of the doubt . I hope Brown doesn't have to many very good games for ur sake otherwise you will be eating a very dirty old hat .
The bottom line is that all our great premiership winning teams had competent consistent players. Players that made their presence felt. The most consistent team wins the prize at the end of the year . I am a fan of good performing players that come on the field and leave their mark on the game .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Our team comes first and I hope Brown does have many good games next year as I would rather eat a dirty old hat than be very disappointed after a loss . Winning to me is everything . Winning at all costs !!!

brad

First Grader
Our team comes first and I hope Brown does have many good games next year as I would rather eat a dirty old hat than be very disappointed after a loss . Winning to me is everything . Winning at all costs !!!
Ok i just threw the ole hat out to the dog to play with , get it all nice and juicy for ya .. Ohh and i respect your comments Feathered friend.

Last edited:

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
As long as Kelly is not in the 17..................

Andrew..

Bencher
Tipping Member
We still have a relatively young team so his experience may come in handy...although I think he'll have to work hard for his spot this year.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18