The Moylan Rage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Of course Merrin is going to say that when questioned, he's not going to say "oh yeah Moylan hates all the boys, the location, the coach and the team mascot". The title had me worried but after reading that I'm just more confident of us snaring him

Do you mean to say that players are told by their clubs what they can and can't say on particular issues so their statements aren't necessarily true?;)

The "from my end" qualifier at the end is pretty telling in my humble opinion.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...a/news-story/4675ca7ee4b7cfab162b8e93ab874400

MOYLAN WANTS TO STAY: MERRIN

Penrith back-rower Trent Merrin insists injured skipper Matt Moylan loves the NRL club and won’t be leaving amid rumours of a rift with teammates.

The former NSW back-rower was adamant Moylan would be staying with the club at the foot of the Blue Mountains for the 2018 NRL season, despite reports Manly, Cronulla and Wests Tigers are interested in the playmaker.

“He loves the place, he doesn’t want to go anywhere, that’s the feedback I’m getting from him, so it’s all positive from my end,” Merrin told Sky Sports Radio on Thursday.
This is precisely what I have been told consistently for the past week.

This is precisely what I have been told consistently for the past week.
What are you going to say if he signs? Respect your info, and im not in denial, although i have heard otherwise from multiple sources, including @Snake as well. Do you honestly think Merrin would say anything different?

This article was posted 40 minutes ago (after the Merrin lip service).

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...y-griffin-dont-bet-on-it-20170921-gylzmj.html
Just like his frustrations about being captain, Moylan is telling others he's unhappy under Griffin and wants to join Trent Barrett at the Sea Eagles.

Manly's official line is they have not spoken to Moylan but the deckchairs are already being rearranged for five-eighth Blake Green– who complemented halfback Daly Cherry-Evans this season – to take a juicy deal at the Warriors.

Last edited:
This is a case of thanks but no thanks to Moylan.
I just think there is much that has gone unsaid out of Penrith regarding broader issues effecting him. Penrith hierarchy seem too 'ok' about letting him go if he is not happy, not to mention the conflicting statements from Gould & the club. It's like that missing cylinder that you hope the prospective buyer didn't hear as you were trying to sell him the car! They seem a little too eager to appease a very talented footballer. Why?

I just think there is much that has gone unsaid out of Penrith regarding broader issues effecting him. Penrith hierarchy seem too 'ok' about letting him go if he is not happy, not to mention the conflicting statements from Gould & the club. It's like that missing cylinder that you hope the prospective buyer didn't hear as you were trying to sell him the car! They seem a little too eager to appease a very talented footballer. Why?
There was a massive rumour he got with Sally Fitzgibbon so that could come into it.

Not sure but Penrith doesn't have a great record of letting key players go since Gus took over:

Jennings - 2013 premiership
Coote - 2015 premiership
Lewis - 2016 premiership + CCM

With any luck the same will be true with Moylan IF we end up signing him.

No saying it won't happen or will. But a lot can happen when players are unsure to continue contract and get release. Similar to when rumours of Marty and Dylan came about.
He there marquee man I got no doubt there a lot of convincing him to stay, heard the sally Fitzgibbon rumour.
Question here is this what we need to be a top 4 side - yes and no. Is he a superstar in making best footy on front of him will he improve our side yes.
But is this spot a real need to replace I say no - a second rower and top line centre is what we need that's pretty clear to everyone.
Now given neither our club nor Penrith have addressed it suggests there behind closed doors going on, will we get him I not sure. Have we released green to take up a 3 year deal ?
We need to long term develop tom wright kid has amazing raw skills does he need some time in nsw cup for sure but should he be part of club in future yes.
Not so sure Moylan a done deal, I believe Penrith are trying to keep him imo.

No saying it won't happen or will. But a lot can happen when players are unsure to continue contract and get release. Similar to when rumours of Marty and Dylan came about.
He there marquee man I got no doubt there a lot of convincing him to stay, heard the sally Fitzgibbon rumour.
Question here is this what we need to be a top 4 side - yes and no. Is he a superstar in making best footy on front of him will he improve our side yes.
But is this spot a real need to replace I say no - a second rower and top line centre is what we need that's pretty clear to everyone.
Now given neither our club nor Penrith have addressed it suggests there behind closed doors going on, will we get him I not sure. Have we released green to take up a 3 year deal ?
We need to long term develop tom wright kid has amazing raw skills does he need some time in nsw cup for sure but should he be part of club in future yes.
Not so sure Moylan a done deal, I believe Penrith are trying to keep him imo.
The thing is that Green isn't long term and this may be our only opportunity to get a really good replacement. I say, although it isn't at current, this signing would be vital for our future. Another world class centre like Walker would be awesome although it's surplus to requirements, we do need a quality, workhorse second-rower. Bodene Thompson may not be the worst option at present although only on a short deal if so. Much prefer Chrichton or Fitzgibbon type second rower although Thompson may do for now, Winterstein isn't terrible though, he just doesn't get involved enough

The thing is that Green isn't long term and this may be our only opportunity to get a really good replacement. I say, although it isn't at current, this signing would be vital for our future. Another world class centre like Walker would be awesome although it's surplus to requirements, we do need a quality, workhorse second-rower. Bodene Thompson may not be the worst option at present although only on a short deal if so. Much prefer Chriton (if that's how you spell it) or Fitzgibbon type second rower although Thompson may do for now, Winterstein isn't terrible though, he just doesn't get involved enough
no doubt unfortunately Blake green birth certificate his problem.

Not sure but Penrith doesn't have a great record of letting key players go since Gus took over:

Jennings - 2013 premiership
Coote - 2015 premiership
Lewis - 2016 premiership + CCM

With any luck the same will be true with Moylan IF we end up signing him.
And Wade Graham as well

The riff seemed to have a wheel fall of around the same time sally and merrin departed each others company,it wouldn't be the first time a footballer snuck out to the dunnys with another blokes lady,just sayin.

What are you going to say if he signs? Respect your info, and im not in denial, although i have heard otherwise from multiple sources, including @Snake as well. Do you honestly think Merrin would say anything different?
If he signs then my source is wrong & so am I. I'm just sharing with you what I have been told directly from the mouth of a coaching support staff member.

There was a massive rumour he got with Sally Fitzgibbon so that could come into it.
Is this why people are saying Moylan now loves to surf..? :rofl:

Jeez instead of getting on to his team mates GF he should do what I do and just leer at Alana Blanchard's ass every time I go past the Rip Curl shop in Narrabeen. That's much less destructive behavior (albeit much more creepy)

Oh sure, Sally Fitzgibbon, beautiful woman and brilliant surfer with the world at her feet is going to dip back into the same outer Western Suburban Sydney provincial football team. You all believe everything you read in the Woman's Day too, right?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2