The Manly forward pack are Soft

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Whole team was weak as piss, just outmuscles, outenergized and outplayed by a better team. We overall lack mongrel and toughness against these top sides. We need to start packing our bench with three big bodies and only one utility (preferably walker), no more carrying two utilities, we get pummelled in the middle too easily coz of it.

The thing i HATE about the 6 again is that there is no accountabilitt... it is totally subjective and it seems to be influenced by the 'flow' of the game and refs tend to begin picking on players for 5-10 min periods...

And EVERYBODY knows we were rorted in 2013... even the ref...
I actually thought the ref didn't do too badly with the 6 agains, their technique was soo much better than ours, however two other poor decisions in their favour led to tries, and they had a try disallowed that should have been a try, can't blame the ref tonight ...losing Lawton so soon placed more burden on our forwards against such a physical side .... we were out paced and out muscled

I actually thought the ref didn't do too badly with the 6 agains, their technique was soo much better than ours, however two other poor decisions in their favour led to tries, and they had a try disallowed that should have been a try, can't blame the ref tonight ...losing Lawton so soon placed more burden on our forwards against such a physical side .... we were out paced and out muscled
Yeah i agree @nightster... i was just expressing my distaste for the rule generally but riff earnt any advantage they received last night...

Hopefully we tidy up our ruck against the rorters...

Yeah i agree @nightster... i was just expressing my distaste for the rule generally but riff earnt any advantage they received last night...

Hopefully we tidy up our ruck against the rorters...
and put the same pressure on their kickers as they did on ours, mainly DCE, but they were right onto Foz and Croker when he tried for a 40-20

and put the same pressure on their kickers as they did on ours, mainly DCE, but they were right onto Foz and Croker when he tried for a 40-20
If we can win the ruck contest then our backs may see some space... they were constantly under pressure from our slow PTBs and the high pace that the riff competed at... riff are a bloody good side, no 2 ways about it...

The worst part of the night for me (and yes there were plenty) was how Kikau absolutely bullied Saab and Harper. Probably smashed them 15-20 times.

And what did any of our forwards do about it? Absolutely nothing.

It was really embarrassing to watch this. Would be like letting some dude come into your house and take your TV, your girl and whatever else he wanted and doing nothing about it. Or in Manly's case giving him a beer on the way out.

Just awful to see that's our packs mentality.

Jake didn't have a good game at all, he'd be the first to admit it as well.
The 6 agains are a good rule if the referee actually gives your team half a dozen or more per game.
By giving Manly one 6 again, they were saying that The Panthers were playing like Angels and not breaking any rules, which they clearly were.
Referees need to be held accountable for their errors.
I've spoken with ROOSTERS' fans who've admitted ( and chuckled ) that the refereeing in the 2013 Grand Final was terribly biased in their favour. They know all the errors the refs made, especially the forward pass that went 3 -4 mtres forward and ended in the match winning try.

I actually thought Jake was one of our better players out there (Which tells you something!).

56 tackles, 1 missed. I'd hate to see what our defense in the middle looks like without him. Yes he gave away some 6 agains, but he's probably pushing the barrier to try and give those other blokes in the middle that he carries in defense some time to get themselves set.

We got a lesson tonight and Penrith showed the level that we need to get to.
Check out the 3 2 1 thread, so far nearly all the players have had a nomination as one of our best 3 on the night. Which suggests to me our players were not hopeless and are not inadequate.

We just got outplayed as a team. By a hot side brimming with confidence and determined to put on a show for their fans.

Some here are full of gloom but will be happier after we play the Chooks next week. I'm looking forward to that game, we've had an early jolt and will be back to our preferred underdog status :)

Regardless of the various new rule changes the fundamental rule that the team with the best two forwards will go a long way in winning the game remains. Unfortunately, we miss that pack leader such as JFH to lead from the front. There are a lot of ifs and maybes in our pack but no clear leader. Hate to say it but AFB would be very handy right about now.

Apparently Cowgirls are interested in Marty, as they are not sure wether they will resign MaClean. Do a swap. I reckon MaClean would go well in in our pack, anyway , thats my opinion

Tuitavake is one guy that could really help and looked great in the first trial. Was good to see him in the squad for round 1 but when he dropped off and Boyle was 18th man you realise how thin our stocks up front are.
Was on and off Oshay Olay last year but hopefully he can make a difference when he comes back

As for our forwards being weak as piss. That's a laugh!
2 points - the opposition was a top pack, basically all-rep standard players, been playing together for a couple of years, coming off a grand final win.
We on the other hand had a few missing (Aloia, Schu, Walker Davey) and a few who are still on an upward curve in their development.
Let's see how the Panthers look after playing like that for 20 rounds, which they'll have to because every team will lift against the premiers. Starting to lose their edge? Losing a couple of troops to attrition?
Manly builds as the season progresses. They got us good and proper last night but we will improve, sure as eggs.

2 points - the opposition was a top pack, basically all-rep standard players, been playing together for a couple of years, coming off a grand final win.
We on the other hand had a few missing (Aloia, Schu, Walker Davey) and a few who are still on an upward curve in their development.
Let's see how the Panthers look after playing like that for 20 rounds, which they'll have to because every team will lift against the premiers. Starting to lose their edge? Losing a couple of troops to attrition?
Manly builds as the season progresses. They got us good and proper last night but we will improve, sure as eggs.
Yep I don't think they'll be able to play at that pace & level of intensity every week.

Yep I don't think they'll be able to play at that pace & level of intensity every week.
Agreed, but they wont need to if Cleary is smart. If that team learns to manage their intensity, turning it on for the big games and playing a different lower key strategy against less threatening teams, look out! Mind you, with their youthful exuberance and competitiveness, learning and applying that sort of control wont be easy.

I wouldn’t say they’re weak as piss but they are ineffective against quality packs. Schu might help create some points but the other players you’ve listed are not marquee forwards that will take it to the likes of Yeo, JFH and co.

I think the major difference with the forwards last night was that the Penrith forwards were hungry to be involved. Marty plays like he is really disinterested and the younger players were standing there with the "what's happening" look.

No doubt the Manly pack couldn 't match the Panther's overall last night but think that that can be addressed with other alternatives . Having much less possession then the Panthers certainly did not help either but also that extra effort from some forwards seemed to be a bit lacking at times which certainly did not help also . Might be a bit early to be out of left field but may be more inclined to go with a back row of Olokau - atu , Bulemor and Schuster at 13 [ eventually] even though i was not initially keen with josh there but would just seem to need a bit more creativity around the ruck . Jake to prop , maybe Alioia can offer a boost , definitely Paseka and keppie in the prop rotation , Would be even inclined to bring in Alex Tvitavake if Marty and Toff can not offer a bit more against the better sides .

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8