The Manly CENTRE dilemma is coming...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yes historically Centre has been one position where Manly has always been super strong and blessed with many big names for the past 40 or 50 years. Maybe more than any other position on the field.

But I just wonder that in this modern game it's the one position where you can maybe get away with having a player who is less than a superstar and just a role player. do your job, make your tackles, call it a draw with your opponent and win it elsewhere.

Suli has only ever played centre, so Des is 100% picking a centre on the bench, where he is played from the bench is a different story.
Excuse me for pointing out that he hasn’t been picked as a centre...what’s your problem dude? Des said that he picked him as cover for the forwards...what am I supposed to say to that? Argue semantics about what that means?

Last edited:
It is hard to say what the best configuration is without looking at context, in particular, who is fit at the time, who else is in or missing from our side, even who the opposition is.
We have virtually used all bar 3 of our entire squad so far in the first 10 rounds! The chance of ever having a full squad to choose from is so negligible that this almost becomes a moot point.
Animated GIF

Excuse me for pointing out that he hasn’t been picked as a centre...what’s your problem dude? Des said that he picked him as cover for the forwards...what am I supposed to say to that? Argue semantics about what that means?
Calm down partner....Rewind - you pointed out Des didn't pick a centre on the bench ?
All I stated was Des picked a centre (which is the only position I have seen Suli play in his NRL career) - on the bench.....and in actual fact I see the move more about versatility including edge forward , or if a winger, centre, fullback were injured, Suli would have been straight into the backs - not the forwards, though agree he was always a show in the forward without injuries, as in what happened.

Calm down partner....Rewind - you pointed out Des didn't pick a centre on the bench ?
All I stated was Des picked a centre (which is the only position I have seen Suli play in his NRL career) - on the bench.....and in actual fact I see the move more about versatility including edge forward , or if a winger, centre, fullback were injured, Suli would have been straight into the backs - not the forwards, though agree he was always a show in the forward without injuries, as in what happened.
he debuted as a winger but that is a moot point. I was pointing out that he is not being carried on the bench to play centre. He was picked to cover the forwards and when you consider he is 113kg, it’s not unusual for that to happen. If he needs to slot in somewhere else, of course that can happen but I’m speaking of the intent behind his selection which I was privy to.

he debuted as a winger but that is a moot point. I was pointing out that he is not being carried on the bench to play centre. He was picked to cover the forwards and when you consider he is 113kg, it’s not unusual for that to happen. If he needs to slot in somewhere else, of course that can happen but I’m speaking of the intent behind his selection which I was privy to.
Plenty are privy to things and the selection is pretty obvious to what role was expected, he is still looked upon as a centre through the Manly club and across the NRL and by himself, so it still is viewed as a centre on the bench - it's pretty simple.

Plenty are privy to things
Are these the same people that told you Foran was training the house down at 9, Walker was a lock at centre for rd. 1 and Schuster 5/8?
when I reported the lineup, I think your words we “that’s gonna be slightly off I’m sorry”...but I get it now...you didn’t like having your source exposed as a myth...but that wasn’t my intention. I never coaxed that post out of you...that was your own doing...

you were always a great contributor to the forum and a genuine nice guy and after that happened, you’ve been all over me like a cheap suit.

Last edited:
Talk about necessity being the mother of invention, I predict circumstances are about to transform our whipping boy Moses into a devastating second row option.
He cops such a lot of criticism here, but he is a largely untapped talent. Importantly, I suspect he really wants to be part of this team which is going places.
(Call me optimistic, but I don't care, I've been called worse!) :)

Talk about necessity being the mother of invention, I predict circumstances are about to transform our whipping boy Moses into a devastating second row option.
He cops such a lot of criticism here, but he is a largely untapped talent. Importantly, I suspect he really wants to be part of this team which is going places.
I see lots of potential in Suli, I am hoping he gets his chance somewhere in the team, he has lots to offer.

I would have him over Parker, though I would like to see how he goes playing in the middle.

He is still just 22 years old. We have him under contract, so need to get some value from him. Yes he has had some trouble finding his groove at centre, but it wouldn't surprise me if he finds he actually enjoys the change of pace in the forwards. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Well if you look at how slim he currently is, you could be on to something regarding his desire and willingness to make something of his career.

My concerns are not with the ball, but without it. If he thinks playing centre is a challenge in defence (making a decision for himself and a winger only) , wait until he has to make the decision for himself, half, centre and a winger...

IMO Suli can be damaging on a good day but those good days are when the rest of the team are playing well and he just does his job off the back of it. I worry that in spite of his natural gifts, he just doesn't have the mental aspect of a professional footballer; and I mean that with the utmost respect. I am not trying to senselessly pick on him, but I see Joey Leilua all over this guy. A player with heaps of talent but his career will be littered with false starts, injuries and patchy form. I hope I am wrong...

Well if you look at how slim he currently is, you could be on to something regarding his desire and willingness to make something of his career.

My concerns are not with the ball, but without it. If he thinks playing centre is a challenge in defence (making a decision for himself and a winger only) , wait until he has to make the decision for himself, half, centre and a winger...
Well yes, but... not saying they are dumb, but rugby league second rowers are not renowned for their tactical brilliance

Sarcastic Wizard Of Oz GIF

I am not trying to senselessly pick on him, but I see Joey Leilua all over this guy. A player with heaps of talent but his career will be littered with false starts, injuries and patchy form. I hope I am wrong...
Ouch. Hey even T-Rex found a purple patch and helped us to a grand final win. And he has subsequently proven himself to be not particularly bright (judging from his off-field record).

Ouch. Hey even T-Rex found a purple patch and helped us to a grand final win. And he has subsequently proven himself to be not particularly bright (judging from his off-field record).
Yeah I really hope we can get some good footy out of Moses. I always thought he'd be better utilised as a winger in the mould of big Semi or Sivo...the guy is massive and moves well...all he'd need to do is get us a good start to our sets (which he can certainly do) and he'd be impossible to stop from close range. His work under the highball is not that bad either; he played a lot of his junior and school boy footy on the wing.

Are these the same people that told you Foran was training the house down at 9, Walker was a lock at centre for rd. 1 and Schuster 5/8?
when I reported the lineup, I think your words we “that’s gonna be slightly off I’m sorry”...but I get it now...you didn’t like having your source exposed as a myth...but that wasn’t Are these the same people that told you Foran was training the house down at 9, Walker was a lock at centre for rd. 1 and Schuster 5/8?
when I reported the lineup, I think your words we “that’s gonna be slightly off I’m sorry”...but I get it now...you didn’t like having your source exposed as a myth...but that wasn’t my intention. I never coaxed that post out of you...that was your own.
You forgot about Saab who I stated was a strong consideration to cover fullback which you shot down stating "This is zero chance - will Never happen" , next week following an injury who is in the 1 - Saab right and there's been many more but prefer not to cut ppl down...
This was simply about your confusion over Suli being a centre, who cares - get over it...
You may sit on the sideline as a sponsor or whatever and throw enough darts that some stick.
Personally not here to share who I know, or you don't know....I'm here to share opinion with other Manly fans on a footy forum, not chase gratitude.
I do feel your a little paranoid and also liked your posts and if you take a hard look, you Will find any time someone post a different opinion, you fire up these days....I wouldn't mind you adding sting off the interchange- but not a footy forum

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10