The Manly CENTRE dilemma is coming...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Ok it's only a week or 2 for Walker to become available....I doubt Des will have him in NSW Cup too long.
Big Suli is already back and Des obviously like's the big fella, as it's rare to find a centre make your bench....though he was being used in tighter due to size and maybe seen as a strong attacking option in short stints.
Thing is Harper has looked super and is a legitimate centre with sleek ability that works well in this current Manly structure.
Parker has been a rock out wide and though not dazzling, reliable and tough and in actual fact, is a pretty decent footy player.

Lets fast forward to 3-4 weeks - who do you see in the centre's and why ??

Guess that we will get some indication this afternoon and if Suli is on the bench again , can "t see him in the run on side for now but sure that he will be out to impress to get back a centre spot , either from the bench or Black Town . Walker can also play 6 but again short term and when available probably either bench i st grade or at Black Town. Hard to omit Parker in the short term . Still have Funa as well and certainly do have a bit of depth in the centre department right now .

Ok it's only a week or 2 for Walker to become available....I doubt Des will have him in NSW Cup too long.
Big Suli is already back and Des obviously like's the big fella, as it's rare to find a centre make your bench....though he was being used in tighter due to size and maybe seen as a strong attacking option in short stints.
Thing is Harper has looked super and is a legitimate centre with sleek ability that works well in this current Manly structure.
Parker has been a rock out wide and though not dazzling, reliable and tough and in actual fact, is a pretty decent footy player.

Lets fast forward to 3-4 weeks - who do you see in the centre's and why ??
I am blessed to be a Manly supporter and have seen Quality Grand Final winning centres and this is my conclusion

A Centre that is not capable of
making line breaks
Creating try assists
and scoring tries
is Like a Sea Eagle without Wings !

Don't care as long as Harper is over there with Saab.
The Harper Saab combination is becoming a great combination that is creating points for us .

In the fast modern high scoring game where points have to be scored

We need backs that are capable of creating points

Steve Bell Grand Final winning Manly centre
The only highlights I could find
Steve was Speedy footloose and fancy free

Reality time ....

Grand final winning centre of excellence Standards

Fulton
Branighan
Gartner
Knight
Willimas
Oconnor
Ines
Hill
Bell
Metai
Lyon

These are the centres that were capable to carry Manly over the Grand final finishing line

Suli was initially put on the bench as cover for the forwards (and can obviously slot into the backline if need be) after the injuries to Aloiai and Taupau’s concussion...he wasn’t used because we didn’t need cover against the Warriors after everyone got through unscathed.
The following week we were up by 40 odd which gave us the luxury of bringing Tom off; that’s the only reason he got game time last week.

the point is, Des is picking Suli as cover at the moment. He is not picking him as “a centre on the bench” just as cover because of our circumstances. Suli may get a run if injuries permit but he is not going to walk into Parker or Harper’s position. I actually think there is a chance that Walker will be a bench utility in place of Cust if Harper and Parker are fit and in the side.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8