The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’m in my old home town of Moree thus weekend , minding our grandsons whilst their Mum has a 3 day long weekend in Sydney with friends.

And right on Que her old fridge **** itself this morning so down we go to Hardly Normal to buy a new one.

Can we get it delivered today, “ yes of course “.

So wearing one of my many Manly shirts I met the truck and this young fella jumps out , looks and says “ Go Manly” , I laughed and said “ yeah back we are back “.

He then said, you might know my little brother then , I took a second look at him and thought “ Mmm he looks a lot like Brian Kelly”.

He then said “ I’m Brian’s older brother” , he got the football genes I got the delivering fridges genes.

And to prove it he pulls out his phone , shows me a bunch of photos ( including in the sheds post game).

Funny but he’s a mad Manly supporter and is really pissed he’s going to the Titans.

Small world hey!!
Thanks Mark, What a great post!

I’m in my old home town of Moree thus weekend , minding our grandsons whilst their Mum has a 3 day long weekend in Sydney with friends.

And right on Que her old fridge **** itself this morning so down we go to Hardly Normal to buy a new one.

So wearing one of my many Manly shirts I met the truck and this young fella jumps out , looks and says “ Go Manly” , I laughed and said “ yeah back we are back “.

He then said, you might know my little brother then , I took a second look at him and thought “ Mmm he looks a lot like Brian Kelly”.

He then said “ I’m Brian’s older brother” , he got the football genes I got the delivering fridges genes.

And to prove it he pulls out his phone , shows me a bunch of photos ( including in the sheds post game).

Funny but he’s a mad Manly supporter and is really pissed he’s going to the Titans.

Small world hey!!

Thanks Mark .... great story .... 2 things ... I hope you didn't tell him your support was responsible for his demise at Manly ... and I hope you told him of the high esteem with which he is held in by all good judges on Silvertails ....

Small world hey!!

An example of God thanking you directly for your love and support of Brian! Think about all the circumstances and time that had to pass for your meeting to take place. From the day you started this thread...until the day you had the fridge delivered.

Coincidence?? Yeah right!!

At least Brian is leaving with Mark 's blessing . Maybe in regard to the fridge matter , could it be an act of deliverance ?

An example of God thanking you directly for your love and support of Brian! Think about all the circumstances and time that had to pass for your meeting to take place. From the day you started this thread...until the day you had the fridge delivered.

Coincidence?? Yeah right!!

Agree .... who would of thought that @Mark from Brisbane would be chosen by God ....... and the disbelievers would come to believe ..

It's .. it's ... it's like The Life of Mark ..... All hail Mark .....

Also i am sure that there could be a few more would be internationals in the making out there who are just eagerly waiting for the Mark of approval .

At least Des has taken control of the retention committee: Fulton, Cartwright and Barrett.

Love how The Manly Daily (Zorba's article), said Marty & AFB were on the outter with them the irontines.

Moronic.

Also love how the paper said he's stuck with some of the signings for the next 2-3 years that Des didn't want. Not many players are on 2-3 year contracts with us (most are finished 2019), so you can pretty well see who they are talking about: Moses Suli

Contracts mean nothing these days. Des will give them all their chance, and then the cull will descend like a great guillotine from the skies above.
You won’t see the ridiculous defence lapses like those in the past few seasons.
Shoulders to the wheel boys
Hoping so mate. A sense of accountability. I think Des actually sacked or culled some of our players already from existing clubs (3 in fact), possibly 2, so they know they have it in him.

At least Des has taken control of the retention committee: Fulton, Cartwright and Barrett.

Love how The Manly Daily (Zorba's article), said Marty & AFB were on the outter with them the irontines.

Moronic.

Also love how the paper said he's stuck with some of the signings for the next 2-3 years that Des didn't want. Not many players are on 2-3 year contracts with us (most are finished 2019), so you can pretty well see who they are talking about: Moses Suli

.. just remember Ryan .... one of Dessie's last signings at the doggies was Foran to a huge 4 year deal ....... and I think with the exception one of real good back .... his roster at Manly is superior to the one he accumulated in 5 years at the Canterbury .....

I don't think he will make wholesale changes .. just needs to put a bit of icing on the cake .....

.. just remember Ryan .... one of Dessie's last signings at the doggies was Foran to a huge 4 year deal ....... and I think with the exception one of real good back .... his roster at Manly is superior to the one he accumulated in 5 years at the Canterbury .....

I don't think he will make wholesale changes .. just needs to put a bit of icing on the cake .....
Honest opinion mate, I really love Foran as a player. Even now. I think he'll be amazing this season.

He, along with that new number 6 for The Dogs (Lachlan Lewis) , should be kick arse. He's certainly an upgrade on Frawley.

Honest opinion mate, I really love Foran as a player. Even now. I think he'll be amazing this season.

He, along with that new number 6 for The Dogs, should be kick arse. He's certainly an upgrade on Frawley.

Agree .... even on one leg he is better than most .... but it is a huge gamble with a very big chunk of your salary cap for 4 years for a bloke who has been busted mentally and physically for 3 years .. and who most clubs would have nil chance of getting a medical retirement for if he goes belly up .... good luck to him, but I wouldn't want my town halls hanging on the result ....

The big question in my mind is even if his body is willing .... can he regain the hunger that is necessary ?

Someone told me that the dogs are now favourites with bookies to finish last next year...with Manly and the titans equal second last. Could be a great time to get a bet on!

Agree .... who would of thought that @Mark from Brisbane would be chosen by God ....... and the disbelievers would come to believe ..

It's .. it's ... it's like The Life of Mark ..... All hail Mark .....

I'm sitting here waiting for my fridge to sh!t itself now. With any luck (or divine intervention)......Matty Wright might deliver me a new one!!! @:)

Wright match for the Capras

In a big boost for the club as they look ahead to the 2019 season; the Central Queensland Capras have announced they have signed former Manly Sea Eagles player Matthew Wright to join the club.

The Samoan international is an experienced outside back, having played 143 NRL games since making his debut as an 18-year old for the Cronulla Sharks in 2009. He also spent a number of seasons with the North Queensland Cowboys and Manly Sea Eagles.

The 27-year-old has also played seven international games for Samoa, and was selected for the NRL All Stars in 2016.

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/20182/112/093/wright-match-for-the-capras/

Agree .... even on one leg he is better than most .... but it is a huge gamble with a very big chunk of your salary cap for 4 years for a bloke who has been busted mentally and physically for 3 years .. and who most clubs would have nil chance of getting a medical retirement for if he goes belly up .... good luck to him, but I wouldn't want my town halls hanging on the result ....

The big question in my mind is even if his body is willing .... can he regain the hunger that is necessary ?

Agree with all of that mate. His contract is an albatross, one I believe Des and Crusher had a lot to do with ! I hope he repays it. I still support the guy.

I was so pissed off at losing him, I was pretty acidic towards him at the time, and regret that now.

Here's hoping he gets 4-5 years of consistent, healthy footy , even if it IS at the Dogs.

I'm sitting here waiting for my fridge to sh!t itself now. With any luck (or divine intervention)......Matty Wright might deliver me a new one!!! @:)

Wright match for the Capras

In a big boost for the club as they look ahead to the 2019 season; the Central Queensland Capras have announced they have signed former Manly Sea Eagles player Matthew Wright to join the club.

The Samoan international is an experienced outside back, having played 143 NRL games since making his debut as an 18-year old for the Cronulla Sharks in 2009. He also spent a number of seasons with the North Queensland Cowboys and Manly Sea Eagles.

The 27-year-old has also played seven international games for Samoa, and was selected for the NRL All Stars in 2016.

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/20182/112/093/wright-match-for-the-capras/

Go the Capras .... and best wishes to Matty ...... looks like you got a good one there old mate .... keep us informed of how he goes ..

Small world hey!!
Did u get any inside info? Was it just a family decision to go back to the Titans?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7