The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I really enjoyed watching Russel Gardner he was a speed machine that knew how to find the line. My all time favorite centers were 1. Bozo, 2 Steve Matai, 3. Killer 4. Michael Oconnor 5. Ray Branigan.
I haven't been around as long. I don't think I know what branigan even looks like. Only seen highlights or gf replays of oconnor. so mine would be something like this.
1.Steve Matai
2.Jamie Lyon
3.Terry Hill
4.Steve Bell
5.Dylan Walker

giphy.gif
@BOZO ,Glad you've found some followers..

Alright @BOZO. I’m back, like Des Hasler

My comment after the Titans game on the weekend merely mentioned that Brian had 2 tries and a try assist. It was followed by another comment implying that he is not going to see many attacking opportunities at the Titans. There was no mention of you in the post and no mention from me that we shouldn’t have let him go. You then took it upon yourself to make it personal by quoting me and making a smart arse comment that I had been quiet over the previous 2 rounds. I thought my comment about him not seeing many attacking opportunities at the Titans would have addressed that but it seems like you wanted to have a dig, especially since you gave a long-winded response to a post that shouldn’t have received one. If you would like to know, Brian had a farking good game in defence in the 2nd round against the Sharks.

Now on to round 3. Brian is a strong fella with good leg drive. That first try is not a play I would have gone for personally but he saw an opportunity and backed himself. The second try was a good farking read. There were 3 Souths players in the vicinity who really should have shut the bomb down but Brian timed the run perfectly and beat them all with a subtle run inside at the finish. For the try assist, Brimson put up a terrible kick which was batted back to Brian. Brian then ran around a player and down the sideline as it was the only attacking option available, other than putting in another kick. Before running out of space, he found Anthony Don inside. Unfortunately for Don, Ethan Lowe was in between and was also in the zone to receive the pass so Don had to contest for it. Nothing Brian could have done about that except maybe putting in another kick instead.

With former Manly players, I’ll generally make a comment if they are doing good. I do it for Clint Gutherson. As you know, I also did it for Liam Knight because you farking quoted me in that thread. And I’ll keep doing it for Brian Kelly. If you’re going to have a hissy fit any time Brian does something good then maybe you need help.

Alright @BOZO. I’m back, like Des Hasler

My comment after the Titans game on the weekend merely mentioned that Brian had 2 tries and a try assist. It was followed by another comment implying that he is not going to see many attacking opportunities at the Titans. There was no mention of you in the post and no mention from me that we shouldn’t have let him go. You then took it upon yourself to make it personal by quoting me and making a smart arse comment that I had been quiet over the previous 2 rounds. I thought my comment about him not seeing many attacking opportunities at the Titans would have addressed that but it seems like you wanted to have a dig, especially since you gave a long-winded response to a post that shouldn’t have received one. If you would like to know, Brian had a farking good game in defence in the 2nd round against the Sharks.

Now on to round 3. Brian is a strong fella with good leg drive. That first try is not a play I would have gone for personally but he saw an opportunity and backed himself. The second try was a good farking read. There were 3 Souths players in the vicinity who really should have shut the bomb down but Brian timed the run perfectly and beat them all with a subtle run inside at the finish. For the try assist, Brimson put up a terrible kick which was batted back to Brian. Brian then ran around a player and down the sideline as it was the only attacking option available, other than putting in another kick. Before running out of space, he found Anthony Don inside. Unfortunately for Don, Ethan Lowe was in between and was also in the zone to receive the pass so Don had to contest for it. Nothing Brian could have done about that except maybe putting in another kick instead.

With former Manly players, I’ll generally make a comment if they are doing good. I do it for Clint Gutherson. As you know, I also did it for Liam Knight because you farking quoted me in that thread. And I’ll keep doing it for Brian Kelly. If you’re going to have a hissy fit any time Brian does something good then maybe you need help.
[insert meme]

We are missing Kelly short term because we don't have Walker.
Mid and long term Manly will not miss him at all. I do not miss all the dropped balls Kelly used to do, although Parker is doing an impressive impersonation :D

We will have (hopefully) Walker, Hoppa jnr and Garrick. All these players are better than Kelly.

I know, it just gets annoying reading it. People claim people have an agenda against him like myself.When i think it's pretty clear cut moving Kelly on was prob the best option. He was mediocre.

He might be mediocre to you, but he was a someone that another team "wanted" in a mediocre team that was 2018.

Manly released him to 1. Ease salary cap pressure, 2. Let him go back to the GC to be with family.

BK was on an upgraded 300K contract from 150k and would have needed an upgrade to 400k in 2019 to match the tits who where happy to pay. Manly wouldn't pay that with a 300k cap reduction so we now have Brad Parker and Moses Suli on base wage of around 150K. And yes they are still both on base pay.

So IMO there is nothing more to see about anyone being "right" about the kids skill or value. GC may have paid overs for potential; but we didn't/couldn't/wouldn't and that's all there is to it.

I sincerely hope the kid becomes a star. And ….appreciating he played for us, wish him all the best.

Parker @150k V Kelly @ 300-400 - if Manly could afford it they would have.

If he's on $400K then the Titans are just a serious joke for paying that sort of $$ for him. He's struggling to even look like 1st grade standard.

Had a shocker. Missed tackles and dropped balls all over the place. Prefer Parker at half the cost.

If he's on $400K then the Titans are just a serious joke for paying that sort of $$ for him. He's struggling to even look like 1st grade standard.
Are you sure you weren't confusing him with Peachy (like the paper)? I actually thought he was one of their best. Like we were last year; the entire team is a rabble and would struggle to win a reserve game.
The reason he made errors and missed tackles was that he was involved far more than the rest of the team. I'd also note that many of you, who are so quick to put the boot into Brian, are the same that criticize Barret for not training and developing our younger players properly. Can you really claim both?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8