The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I am a big fan of the kid but we need to be honest. Our defence was diabolical last year and as promising as Kelly is he was one of the worst.

Des wouldn't let a player go that he needs to rebuild our side so while I'm sad to see him go I trust the boss to fix it.

Also with all the drama going on none of us know which players were in the Barrett camp and continued to be. There is no room for disharmony now.

I would suggest that there is little chance that Kelly would have caused poor harmony. My impression was he was one of the most liked by the team and the supporters and seemed just a really nice young kid. His has the sort of nature that clubs need, no trouble, always smiling, enjoying his football, no complaints as far as I know. For harmony I would have rated him well in my top 5 for the team. Interesting that he is joining the Titans but he is linked as a junior with the same team Lyon is now playing for. I wonder if Lyon also coaxed him back.

I am a big fan of the kid but we need to be honest. Our defence was diabolical last year and as promising as Kelly is he was one of the worst.

Des wouldn't let a player go that he needs to rebuild our side so while I'm sad to see him go I trust the boss to fix it.

Also with all the drama going on none of us know which players were in the Barrett camp and continued to be. There is no room for disharmony now.
Agreed! He had potential and i was looking forward to him under a real coach but ye i wont miss the guy his defense was woeful like taufua and having both on one side is a clear liability. He also makes alot of dumb mistakes like dropping the ball cold and then the other team runs half way up the field or scores.. And trying to score early in the count only to lose it in the tackle then back that up with horrible defense letting in a try. Good luck to him dont know why he'd kill his career but its done now

Can you jump on the Hodko bandwagon real quick please.

Have you not seen the training photos @manlyfan76 . Hodko is flexing and ready for a big year

0i8a4724.jpg

Hodko / Croker combo in Reggie's should make them a tough task.
To be honest I think Hodko is finished but Des may resurrect him .
As far as Croker goes he has been demoted back to the development squad for good reason .

Cust is one of those players who is very typically Manly. Not talked about much, quietly goes about his role, but improves year by year. I remember him being dismissed by some years ago yet he presses on. I remember seeing him in the U20s GF 2017. He was outstanding and controlled the direction of the team well and was constantly attacking the line. They brought Metcalfe over to cover half but in my mind its no mistake that it is Cust who is selected in the top 27 so far and Melcalfe (who is also good) is in the development squad. A very under rated player is Cust.

Last edited:
It's kind of funny that DES has inherited a #ucked Salary cap, as opposed to left one for a change;-)

I see a big future for Brian. I think Manly will regret letting that boy go.

Don't know if our salary cap is #ucked ..... just not well ...... remember we are starting $350k behind again which is one pretty good player ....

I’m in my old home town of Moree thus weekend , minding our grandsons whilst their Mum has a 3 day long weekend in Sydney with friends.

And right on Que her old fridge **** itself this morning so down we go to Hardly Normal to buy a new one.

Can we get it delivered today, “ yes of course “.

So wearing one of my many Manly shirts I met the truck and this young fella jumps out , looks and says “ Go Manly” , I laughed and said “ yeah back we are back “.

He then said, you might know my little brother then , I took a second look at him and thought “ Mmm he looks a lot like Brian Kelly”.

He then said “ I’m Brian’s older brother” , he got the football genes I got the delivering fridges genes.

And to prove it he pulls out his phone , shows me a bunch of photos ( including in the sheds post game).

Funny but he’s a mad Manly supporter and is really pissed he’s going to the Titans.

Small world hey!!

I’m in my old home town of Moree thus weekend , minding our grandsons whilst their Mum has a 3 day long weekend in Sydney with friends.

And right on Que her old fridge **** itself this morning so down we go to Hardly Normal to buy a new one.

Can we get it delivered today, “ yes of course “.

So wearing one of my many Manly shirts I met the truck and this young fella jumps out , looks and says “ Go Manly” , I laughed and said “ yeah back we are back “.

He then said, you might know my little brother then , I took a second look at him and thought “ Mmm he looks a lot like Brian Kelly”.

He then said “ I’m Brian’s older brother” , he got the football genes I got the delivering fridges genes.

And to prove it he pulls out his phone , shows me a bunch of photos ( including in the sheds post game).

Funny but he’s a mad Manly supporter and is really pissed he’s going to the Titans.

Small world hey!!

The lord moves (fridges) in mysterious ways.

Shame on him going but my guess is kid pretty close to family and got a good deal along the way with addition of peachey and shannon boyd titans are building well but enough of them.
I hope des plan is not for young suli in Centres as kids more of a turnstile than kelly. Time will tell either young hopa straight into nrl or des has something up his sleave.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8