The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thank you for your reply and your views . We all have our views and these are mine
Personally I think players like Walker demand the cash they are on .
I would not swap the Dynamic Dylan walker that can win a match for us from our own try line with anyone . Dylan is worth every dollar he is paid IMO.
I have seen the greatest of centres in our premiership winning eras and In my eyes Walker would not be out of place amongst them .
Suli at only 19 years of age has enormous potential . How many kids at 19 play NRL ?
Kelly will turn 22 year of age in 8 more days .
At 22 years of age will Kelly grow in size and in speed ? I don't think so .
What you see of Kelly now is what we will get IMO. For everyone that does not think so just keep dreaming
*For those comparing a young Kelly with Matai . Matai represented NZ at 22 years of age . The fire and ferocity of Matai is only a puff of smoke in Kelly .
Will Kelly represent NSW this year or beyond ? My answer is no chance .
My opinion feathered friends and I thank the Silvertails forum for giving me the opportunity to do so.
View attachment 8376

What don't you like about Brian Kelly outside of his footballing ability?

It sounds like you'd be able to rattle off a long list at the drop of a hat

IMG_1003.jpg

Thank you for your reply and your views . We all have our views and these are mine
I would not swap the Dynamic Dylan walker that can win a match for us from our own try line with anyone . Dylan is worth every dollar he is paid IMO.
I have seen the greatest of centres in our premiership winning eras and In my eyes Walker would not be out of place amongst them .
Suli at only 19 years of age has enormous potential . How many kids at 18 play NRL ? He played NRL last season at 18 with the Tigers .
What you see of Kelly now is what we will get IMO. For everyone that does not think so just keep dreaming
*For those comparing a young Kelly with Matai . Matai represented NZ at 22 years of age . The fire and ferocity of Matai is only a puff of smoke in Kelly .
My opinion feathered friends and I thank the Silvertails forum for giving me the opportunity to do so.
View attachment 8376

Kelly may not represent NSW this year or ever ( and probably won't ) but the NRL is and always had high quality players that never play SOO or for their country for myriad of reasons.
Rep selectors are a weird bunch with their penchant for picking wingers in the centres, centres on the wing etc and it's like they have a minimum height required in the criteria.

We'd all like a Lyon or Matai in the centres but to me ( and Baz ) Kelly is doing his job well.
He's averaging more metres than Roberts, even in line breaks and try assists and is marginally behind in tackle efficiency.

Look at Roberts and Bird the other night, it doesn't matter how fast or how big you are if you don't get good, clean ball in space then you're just another NRL centre and to be honest
there are plenty of really good ones.

Suli at only 19 years of age has enormous potential . How many kids at 18 play NRL ? He played NRL last season at 18 with the Tigers .
View attachment 8376
I wouldn't swap Dylan Walker for anyone . If he went to another club i would be shattered and i think manly would lose out big time . He is an out and out superstar that will bust defences open in the blink of an eye . If we lost Taupau to keep walker id be happy .

View attachment 8376
Lets just sign Roberts then you will be happy. Just telling you Suli isnt half the player Kelly is. Suli may be big but footwork is basically non existent and Kelly is going to be very good very soon, already is. Its not about size and speed, it can also be about Skill with Kelly has lots of. Skill lasts longer then speed and size and improves over time, unlike speed and size.

View attachment 8376

O several points I disagree with you Bozo. Like you I have seen some of the best centres around since 1965. Kelly to me is not the sort of centre like Walker, Roberts etc who are fast and given space can destroy an opposition. Kelly is to me more the Lyons/Lyon type of player, a creator, someone who can create space. As I mentioned elsewhere no one had heard of Cliff Lyons or thought much of him at Norths, a 23 year old centre with silky skills but nothing special. I remember saying that we had nabbed someone special without anyone really noticing. He was 24 when he came to Manly and within the next year he was becoming the brilliant Napper that we know.

Some players with natural skills take time to develop their genius, and I believe Kelly has the makings of being something special. He's a year younger than Lyons was at Norths, so I wouldnt be taking much notice of that. Some players with sheer speed, break out quickly, but they also die quickly because they rely too much on that, and speed dies. The creative player just gets better with time, and Kelly is a creative player. He's already almost matching Roberts and Walker in metres, try assists etc. And he's doing it without super speed. Of course Kelly needs to keep improving and developing those skills, but potentially I think he'll be better than Roberts or Walker in the long run. But that's an opinion but like you, one based on extensive recollections of past players.. Let the challenge begin.

I wouldn't swap Dylan Walker for anyone . If he went to another club i would be shattered and i think manly would lose out big time . He is an out and out superstar that will bust defences open in the blink of an eye . If we lost Taupau to keep walker id be happy .
Agree with you. Walker is one of our best players and is always playing with passion. Love the way he fires the boys up when there's a big play. Even if he costs us $600k, that passion coupled with his talent is just priceless.

Lets just sign Roberts then you will be happy. Just telling you Suli isnt half the player Kelly is. Suli may be big but footwork is basically non existent and Kelly is going to be very good very soon, already is. Its not about size and speed, it can also be about Skill with Kelly has lots of. Skill lasts longer then speed and size and improves over time, unlike speed and size.
Your whole argument lacks one thing.. sense. Talk about clutching at straws.. speed and size lol
Take away what little speed Kelly has and not much to work with

O several points I disagree with you Bozo. Like you I have seen some of the best centres around since 1965. Kelly to me is not the sort of centre like Walker, Roberts etc who are fast and given space can destroy an opposition. Kelly is to me more the Lyons/Lyon type of player, a creator, someone who can create space. As I mentioned elsewhere no one had heard of Cliff Lyons or thought much of him at Norths, a 23 year old centre with silky skills but nothing special. I remember saying that we had nabbed someone special without anyone really noticing. He was 24 when he came to Manly and within the next year he was becoming the brilliant Napper that we know.

Some players with natural skills take time to develop their genius, and I believe Kelly has the makings of being something special. He's a year younger than Lyons was at Norths, so I wouldnt be taking much notice of that. Some players with sheer speed, break out quickly, but they also die quickly because they rely too much on that, and speed dies. The creative player just gets better with time, and Kelly is a creative player. He's already almost matching Roberts and Walker in metres, try assists etc. And he's doing it without super speed. Of course Kelly needs to keep improving and developing those skills, but potentially I think he'll be better than Roberts or Walker in the long run. But that's an opinion but like you, one based on extensive recollections of past players.. Let the challenge begin.

Sometimes I feel like read others opinions that are exactly what I wish to say, but lack the time and effort to really spell it out. This was one of those times.

The only thing I would add to the above is that I think Kelly could make an excellent 6 with some time and effort from him and the coaching staff.

I would suggest he is probably the best 6 (untapped obviously) in the current squad.

We'd all like a Lyon or Matai in the centres but to me ( and Baz ) Kelly is doing his job well.
He's averaging more metres than Roberts, even in line breaks and try assists and is marginally behind in tackle efficiency.

Look at Roberts and Bird the other night, it doesn't matter how fast or how big you are if you don't get good, clean ball in space then you're just another NRL centre and to be honest
there are plenty of really good ones.

I think saying he is marginally behind Roberts in tackle efficiency is a little misleading. Roberts is ranked 9th out of 55 players to play centre this year with a TE of 86%. Kelly is ranked 51st out of 55 with a TE of 73%, there is a lot between them defensively.

Attackingly they are pretty close Roberts, has more tries, nothing between them for runs, try assists, line breaks and LBA. Kelly averages more run meters.

As I mentioned before Kelly has stepped up in attack in a big way this year while defensively he is still a liability.

I think saying he is marginally behind Roberts in tackle efficiency is a little misleading. Roberts is ranked 9th out of 55 players to play centre this year with a TE of 86%. Kelly is ranked 51st out of 55 with a TE of 73%, there is a lot between them defensively.

Attackingly they are pretty close Roberts, has more tries, nothing between them for runs, try assists, line breaks and LBA. Kelly averages more run meters.

As I mentioned before Kelly has stepped up in attack in a big way this year while defensively he is still a liability.

Smithy, depends on what site we look at for our stats I suppose - NRL site has Roberts at 81.8% and Kelly at 74.7% - yes, still behind but not as far as your source.
But like most stats, they don't tell us the whole story and am usually loathe to quote stats for this reason.

Sorry, I'm on #teamkelly.

PS - love the use of the word "attackingly"....awesome.

Awesome post.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7