The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Walker is our most dynamic centre . We will agree to disagree
I agree 100% I just think the cash he’s on may serve other positions better and we have two good young options that could prob be signed for half the money we’re paying walks. If that. I’d rather pay a centre 400k for a player that is 70% of another if it means we can put it into a half or a quality front rower. All about balancing our cap. I thought our two centers were great tonight. They held up against Roberts pretty well and he is fantastic

Edit: I think the step on kelly at the end was a bit of let down once the game was over. Certainly something to work on. But I thought he was aggressive and in his face all night. When he sat back on his heels Roberts burnt him

I agree 100% I just think the cash he’s on may serve other positions better and we have two good young options that could prob be signed for half the money we’re paying walks. If that. I’d rather pay a centre 400k for a player that is 70% of another if it means we can put it into a half or a quality front rower. All about balancing our cap. I thought our two centers were great tonight. They held up against Roberts pretty well and he is fantastic

Edit: I think the step on kelly at the end was a bit of let down once the game was over. Certainly something to work on. But I thought he was aggressive and in his face all night. When he sat back on his heels Roberts burnt him

he is not the first to be stepped by his cousin and won't be the last .... he contained him better than a lot

His defence has improved some what but I would not say it was superb tonight . Did you see
the way Roberts runs around him to set up a try . 0:310
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/12/match-highlights-sea-eagles-v-broncos--round-10-2018/
Agree on Walker but that moment with Kelly will happen to every opposing centre to Roberts in every game....maybe more often.
I also think Roberts missed several key tackles that lead directly to Manly tries and he lets in as many as he scores......no doubt the second fastest player behind Addo Carr but a liability in defence.

Kelly has been a much more confident and consistent player this season and full credit to him . Has some more challenging assignments in approaching weeks with the likes of Chambers and Aitkins but should be up to the task . Reckon that Kellly , Suli , Walker and Tom T . outside of D C E can be quite formidable in coming weeks if those combinations stay intact , Then with Uate and Jorge as finishers , looking good .

I like what I saw in Suli .... big, mobile and went looking for work ...low error rate .... good player with a future .....

He is bigger and stronger than Kelly .... BUT .... Kelly has more talent, creativity. and football nous than I have seen in a young bloke in ages ... when his body catches up to his brain he will be formidable in attack and defence.

He’s becoming more polished with each game. I hope this guy is our new Matai - a solid top 3 centre who is underrated by everyone because he plays for manly and therefore we can keep him in the maroon and white a little cheaper.

His attack has come on in leaps and bounds this year, showing good strength and footwork with an ability to set up his outside man. He is never going to be the fastest player but his speed is adequate. His defence hasn’t really improved much though his tackle efficiency is 74% which is third worst in comp for centres and 17th worst all positions with 100 tackles made and 26 missed. Last year his tackle efficiency was 73% so definitely needs to be his focus.

I remember watching Cliff Lyons in a few matches for Norths before his switch to Manly. No one was really talking about him and Mitchell Cox, who was also at Norths, was considered the big signing when Manly nabbed both. But I remember how silky Cliff was even back then...one of those players who has time to do those special things. Cliff didnt start to shine until he was 23, but boy did he shine. I see a lot of the Cliff Lyons at Norths in young Kelly. Kelly is smaller, somewhat more agile, but its those silky moves that grab me. He could be something special if he continues to develop and put the work in.

It took all game for Roberts to show he was up for origin ,Kelly was out playing him
I won't begrudge Kelly for that late in the game

Kelly and Suli are both keepers. Walker is our number one centre in my opinion. Uate won’t be resigned next year and Suli will get his wing spot. Tom Wright first reserve after Jorge comes back.

Yes the kid has a good passing game thats for sure,doesnt panic

Its the type of extra time this sort of player has that makes them potentially one of the best. Lyons and Lyon had it. Alan Thompson had it. Mark Ella had it in truck loads. Its a rare quality and I hope Kelly develops it. Its an innate quality, and a very effective attacking weapon..

Thank you for your reply and your views . We all have our views and these are mine
Personally I think players like Walker demand the cash they are on .
I would not swap the Dynamic Dylan walker that can win a match for us from our own try line with anyone . Dylan is worth every dollar he is paid IMO.
I have seen the greatest of centres in our premiership winning eras and In my eyes Walker would not be out of place amongst them .
Suli at only 19 years of age has enormous potential . How many kids at 18 play NRL ? He played NRL last season at 18 with the Tigers .
Kelly will turn 22 year of age in 8 more days .
At 22 years of age will Kelly grow in size and in speed ? I don't think so .
What you see of Kelly now is what we will get IMO. For everyone that does not think so just keep dreaming
*For those comparing a young Kelly with Matai . Matai represented NZ at 22 years of age . The fire and ferocity of Matai is only a puff of smoke in Kelly .
Will Kelly represent NSW this year or beyond ? My answer is no chance .
My opinion feathered friends and I thank the Silvertails forum for giving me the opportunity to do so.
Steve+Matai+NRL+Rd+16+Dragons+v+Sea+Eagles+kqiOxeyGC__l.jpg

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8