The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
rue , I have seen some of them on video clips and some live and From what I seen I have made my own judgement .We all have our favourite superstars and Kelly does not shine in my eyes at all. I see him as a competent centre at best .
Ah, it is taking time but I knew you'd gradually come round! Admitting Kelly is competent at best is a great improvement on some of your earlier ratings of him @:)

What sums up Kelly best this season is that we are a decent chunk into the season, and there hasn't been one opponent that has outplayed him, and he has been among our best nearly every week as well

If people aren't happy with that performance, they will never be

He had an absolute barry against parra (game 2) not sticking to a single tackle and the following week he wasn't much better

Ah, it is taking time but I knew you'd gradually come round! Admitting Kelly is competent at best is a great improvement on some of your earlier ratings of him @:)
That's the wonderful thing about this forum and that is we all get to express our views :nod:

Watching the Broncos game again....
10 minutes and 40 secs to go in the 1st half....

Kelly literally glides on the field. We need to get him more early ball 1 v 1 his opposite center.
We need to give both our centres and wingers more one on one opportunities. Thought Walker did a great job marking Roberts

O several points I disagree with you Bozo. Like you I have seen some of the best centres around since 1965. Kelly to me is not the sort of centre like Walker, Roberts etc who are fast and given space can destroy an opposition. Kelly is to me more the Lyons/Lyon type of player, a creator, someone who can create space. As I mentioned elsewhere no one had heard of Cliff Lyons or thought much of him at Norths, a 23 year old centre with silky skills but nothing special. I remember saying that we had nabbed someone special without anyone really noticing. He was 24 when he came to Manly and within the next year he was becoming the brilliant Napper that we know.

Some players with natural skills take time to develop their genius, and I believe Kelly has the makings of being something special. He's a year younger than Lyons was at Norths, so I wouldnt be taking much notice of that. Some players with sheer speed, break out quickly, but they also die quickly because they rely too much on that, and speed dies. The creative player just gets better with time, and Kelly is a creative player. He's already almost matching Roberts and Walker in metres, try assists etc. And he's doing it without super speed. Of course Kelly needs to keep improving and developing those skills, but potentially I think he'll be better than Roberts or Walker in the long run. But that's an opinion but like you, one based on extensive recollections of past players.. Let the challenge begin.
His straight line 100m speed might not be that quick but his agility and burst out of his step is impressive. That's what makes people miss not a track star

Give the guy a break. Massive injuries in the off season then asked to play out of position in a struggling team.
Tuff crowd.

Sorry mate, results driven business, and his first 4 weeks were @ centre.
Six weeks in, 4 @ centre and 2 @ 5/8th for 1 W 5 L.

Sorry for being tough on the guy, and he may come good, but @ 600K he is playing like a shadow. Twenty should call him out and ask his "why" lmao.

Sorry mate, results driven business, and his first 4 weeks were @ centre.
Six weeks in, 4 @ centre and 2 @ 5/8th for 1 W 5 L.

Sorry for being tough on the guy, and he may come good, but @ 600K he is playing like a shadow. Twenty should call him out and ask his "why" lmao.
You are aware he was injured very badly aren’t you? He had no off season, and has been making an upward trajectory six weeks in. FMD...

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8