The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
He’s playing out of his skin. Line break, try assist, 2 tries. One with an exceptional put down and still 20 min to go. Sign him up long term. He’s outstanding!!!

I wonder if it's worth playing Kelly on the wing and bringing Tom 'Rocket' Wright in to the centres.
I think Kelly needs a little more room to move and can't get involved enough as a centre.
Rocket makes things happen, and if Kelly played outside him it should be a dynamic combination.
Great, then he gets no sight of the football

@BOZO that break just then from kelly was exceptional. Even you must have to admit he’s improved out of sight
I was working last night but I saw the highlights this morning and I saw that Kelly made a great break to set up a great try . The highlights also showed that Kelly was again beaten for pace by his opposite number who ran around him to score Penriths first try but Kelly did recover to score two tries . One great opportunist try when the ball bounced just before the try line and another when he backed up to stretch out near the try line and score .

From all reports the Panthers were very ordinary , unfunctional and lacking energy for most of the game as we took advantage by leading 24 points to 6 which would seem a secure lead to win the game by any competent team with 12 minutes remaining in the game.

In the last 12 minutes when Penrith put their foot on the accelerator and played some serious football we were left for dead as they scored 4 unanswered tries and the highlights just showed that as a team we have no resilience and have lost our way on how to win games and our coach has no answers .

e0a4ac7c133917096675afbeb46fcdbe.jpg

I was working last night but I saw the highlights this morning and I saw that Kelly made a great break to set up a great try . The highlights also showed that Kelly was again beaten for pace by his opposite number who ran around him to score Penriths first try but Kelly did recover to score two tries . One great opportunist try when the ball bounced just before the try line and another when he backed up to stretch out near the try line and score .

From all reports the Panthers were very ordinary , unfunctional and lacking energy for most of the game as we took advantage by leading 24 points to 6 which would seem a secure lead to win the game by any competent team with 12 minutes remaining in the game.

In the last 12 minutes when Penrith put their foot on the accelerator and played some serious football we were left for dead as they scored 4 unanswered tries and the highlights just showed that as a team we have no resilience and have lost our way on how to win games and our coach has no answers .

View attachment 9065 View attachment 9065 View attachment 9065
He looks like he is done and will be an interesting couple of weeks coming up.

Yes Whare did burn him on the outside once.
That is what good centres can do, when they get early quality ball. It is the hardest position to defend on the field imo.

Let's not forget that Kelly beat Whare 3 times yesterday.

Kelly had a blinder. His best game of the season, possibly career.
He will make a very good running 5/8 one day, in the Munster mould.
I doubt Barrett can see it, or get it out of him, even if he could see it.

Yes Whare did burn him on the outside once.
That is what good centres can do, when they get early quality ball. It is the hardest position to defend on the field imo.

Let's not forget that Kelly beat Whare 3 times yesterday.

Kelly had a blinder. His best game of the season, possibly career.
He will make a very good running 5/8 one day, in the Munster mould.
I doubt Barrett can see it, or get it out of him, even if he could see it.
Kid coming good he line breaking is getting better every week. Its his tough carries and metres he make.
Defence its the defence style neing adopted slide its ****ing hopeless. Its needs to be up and in. Ala dogs and roosters styles of other era.
I hope we keep this kid and **** suli off.

I've been warming to the idea of Kelly at 5/8 for some time. He has the cleverness, the evasive skills, and he is quite quick. His defence would be better in that role. Walker to me is a temporary measure. He does his job well, but we lose his brilliance at centre. Last year our backline from No 1 to 5 scored more tries than any other team in the comp. It happened because we had a 5/8 who knew how to get that ball to those players with good service. This year, except for Kelly, the backs have struggled to score tries. Most of Kelly's efforts have been individual skill, and we've had Walker out for most of the season. At this stage having Kelly at 5/8 is worth a shot, to see if he fits in the manner many of us suspect he will. It may be the answer for next year, and boy what a speedy back line we probably will have between 1 and 5 with Tom T, Anderson, T. Wright, Walker, Taufua, Suli fighting for those places. We've tried Tom W. at 5/8. He will get a lot better but I suspect for now he needs to have more space in the centres...even wing for a time. I just hope Barret sees what many of us are seeing with Kelly. Even for the rest of this season with Walker and Tom T outside him, it could be magic.

Kid coming good he line breaking is getting better every week. Its his tough carries and metres he make.
Defence its the defence style neing adopted slide its ****ing hopeless. Its needs to be up and in. Ala dogs and roosters styles of other era.
I hope we keep this kid and **** suli off.

I wouldn't get rid of Suli. He's a hard running tough unit and is only 20. A good coach needs to get on his back (not literally of course, though weight training may be the go also) and refine his skills. He'll get better, may even make a tough running winger, of the Taufua style.

I've been warming to the idea of Kelly at 5/8 for some time. He has the cleverness, the evasive skills, and he is quite quick. His defence would be better in that role. Walker to me is a temporary measure. He does his job well, but we lose his brilliance at centre. Last year our backline from No 1 to 5 scored more tries than any other team in the comp. It happened because we had a 5/8 who knew how to get that ball to those players with good service. This year, except for Kelly, the backs have struggled to score tries. Most of Kelly's efforts have been individual skill, and we've had Walker out for most of the season. At this stage having Kelly at 5/8 is worth a shot, to see if he fits in the manner many of us suspect he will. It may be the answer for next year, and boy what a speedy back line we probably will have between 1 and 5 with Tom T, Anderson, T. Wright, Walker, Taufua, Suli fighting for those places. We've tried Tom W. at 5/8. He will get a lot better but I suspect for now he needs to have more space in the centres...even wing for a time. I just hope Barret sees what many of us are seeing with Kelly. Even for the rest of this season with Walker and Tom T outside him, it could be magic.

I get the feeling that Barrett won't see it and therefore won't do it. Despite proclaiming that Tom Wright is a centre, he played him in the 5/8 hot seat rather than move Kelly to where he can get his hands on the ball more.

This year no Green and very little Walker, & Taufua also has missed quite a few games. That's a big chunk of last year's backline missing and we simply haven't had equivalent replacements.

That's the whole point. Would Parker, Suli or Matt Wright have played so much first grade this year if Walks and Jorge weren't injured for big chunks of the season? I seriously doubt it. I even doubt whether Tom Wright would have seen first grade.

AntiBOZO's take on Brian Kelly's game yesterday.

The Dean Whare try. Brian should have hit him with the kitchen sink. Dean looked good. You win some, you lose some.

The bust to set up DCE. Holy ****balls! Brian looked like Godzilla knocking over skyscrapers for ****s and giggles. Slowed up after to look good for the cameras before giving off a silky pass to DCE to score the try. The bust was my highlight of the match.

Brian's 1st try. Just too much for Dean Whare to handle. The put down was stellar. The judges give it 10/10.

Brian's 2nd try. Brian put brawn in the backseat and brought the brains to the front. Was in the chase for the ball with a team mate and 2 Panfers but held back with visions of what was about to happen. It was the equivalent of throwing a dummy without having the ball in hand. The ball sat up as planned and it was try time. For the 2nd time, Brian gets a 10/10 for the put down.

On this occasion, Brian scores a comprehensive 3-1 victory over the Panfers right side.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10