The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Kevinward777

First Grader
Kelly is playing to a high standard.
He has been a stand-out all year.

He did not butcher a try by getting run down with the line wide open yesterday.

He got run down from behind after putting a step on the Titans fullback.
He was not in the clear, cause the fullback was in front of him.

Did you see this game mate ?
He was all class yesterday, looks like he’s going to be a special player. And he didn’t drop the ball cold either... he put on a beautiful step to bamboozle Gordon, then as he was accelerating again Cartwright hit him from behind and his hand dislodged the ball. He was close to the best player on the fiel yesterday. Really hope we hang on to him.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Kelly is playing to a high standard.
He has been a stand-out all year.

He did not butcher a try by getting run down with the line wide open yesterday.

He got run down from behind after putting a step on the Titans fullback.
He was not in the clear, cause the fullback was in front of him.

Did you see this game mate ?
Yes mate I did see the game on fox .
I don't think he has been a stand out . Tommy Turbo has been a stand out . We all have different views , nothing personal
Stand out players convert opportunities into tries .

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Still think his defence needs a lot more work. 4 missed tackles was the equal most in the team. He has a habit of it of missing too many. That said he is no way as bad as Aku.

Err. According to the records he missed ONE tackle, same as Walker and made 13 completed tackles. Where did this four missed tackles come from? And he made the third highest metres in attack.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I don't think he has been a stand out . Tommy Turbo has been a stand out . We all have different views , nothing personal

You mean the 2 tries Kelly has scored this year, as opposed to Turbos 1 try ??

The comparison is ridiculous imo, as Turbo is by far the more dominant and better player, but even by your own metric it doesn't add up.

smithy

Reserve Grader
Err. According to the records he missed ONE tackle, same as Walker and made 13 completed tackles. Where did this four missed tackles come from? And he made the third highest metres in attack.
Take your pick, both the league live app and channel 9 stats had him at 4 missed tackles.
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/live-scores/318057/titans-v-sea-eagles-nrl-2018#player-stats
League live had him as forth most metres channel 9 had him 5th most metres.

I think Kelly's attack has picked up considerably from last year. Although his defence is still poor for an NRL centre.

Out of the 42 listed players on foxsports who have played centre he ranks 37th for tackle efficiency at 75% the NRL has it listed slightly lower at 73.6%

Last edited:

Geeze BOZO, you are either blind or your ego can't allow you to see straight.

Kelly has marked up against Hurrell and Inglis admirably over the last few weeks and has dominated all his opponents this season.
He didn't get run down yesterday, he made a break from nothing, stepped the most experienced fullback in the comp but was caught because he had NO BACKUP.
The kid is VERY good and the thought of being wrong is muddying your opinion. Realise it please.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member

The comparison is ridiculous imo, as Turbo is by far the more dominant and better player, but even by your own metric it doesn't add up.
At least we do agree with something on this thread and that is Turbo is by far the more dominant player

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Geeze BOZO, you are either blind or your ego can't allow you to see straight.

Kelly has marked up against Hurrell and Inglis admirably over the last few weeks and has dominated all his opponents this season.
He didn't get run down yesterday, he made a break from nothing, stepped the most experienced fullback in the comp but was caught because he had NO BACKUP.
The kid is VERY good and the thought of being wrong is muddying your opinion. Realise it please.
Listen mate , You don't know me to judge me .
I see what I see .
Just because you see things differently should I label you blind egotistic and a fckwit ?

Listen mate , You don't know me to judge me .
I see what I see .
Just because you see things differently should I label you blind egotistic and a fckwit ?

I've seen enough and I was being nice really.
It was blind OR egotistical and fckwit wasn't even mentioned.
Sorry your eyes only work standing in front of a mirror. Sheesh.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member

Mave .... I think I have it figured ... Bozo's whole life is falsely predicated on a mythical legend ...

Bozo's old Dad's VHS tapes of the real Bozo was an edited "highlights tape" .... he never saw the mistakes Fulton made ....

just like every other player who ever played the game.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
narcissism ? How well do you know me ?
I think I can measure up ?
Can you ?
No of course I can't measure up, whatever that means.
Nevertheless I feel I know you quite well thanks to your 9000-odd comments here on ST. Sorry to have a go at you, but your persistent Anti-Kelly theme can raise the hackles at times.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
I may be wrong but it seems that some are puting Kelly down for vested interests. Where there is a dispute over missed tackles, metres gained etc, some are chosing the poorer results. Are there some on this forum who dont like Kelly hmmm?

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Mave .... I think I have it figured ... Bozo's whole life is falsely predicated on a mythical legend ...

Bozo's old Dad's VHS tapes of the real Bozo was an edited "highlights tape" .... he never saw the mistakes Fulton made ....

just like every other player who ever played the game.
Every one makes mistakes but not every one is a class immortal or high quality player .
I don't think Kelly is a high quality player

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
No of course I can't measure up, whatever that means.
Nevertheless I feel I know you quite well thanks to your 9000-odd comments here on ST. Sorry to have a go at you, but your persistent Anti-Kelly theme can raise the hackles at times.
I have not insulted your mother I have not flirted with your partner and I have not said anything personally about you . In fact I like you because your a Manly supporter !
This is a forum and we all have our opinions and they are just that . There is no need to get defensive and personal or our knickers in a knot about some ones views .
We all have our favourite players and not so favourite players
I am not anti Manly players I am anti losing and anti inept plays .
All good no hard feelings . Lets just enjoy this forum and respect peoples views even though we don't agree with them

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 27 15