The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hoy’s connection to allambie heights through his grandma and father might be enough to sway him to come south. Mrs Hoy was my teacher at Allambie hts public school in the late 70s, and Matt went to infants school there. She was from Newcastle and moved down for a few years. I think they moved back about 1981.

This is the type of tenuous connection that the tele can build into “strong historical ties”.
Haha,when I first started reading this I thought”what are you on about,that’s a ridiculous,tenuous link”but it’s spot on for employment at NewsCorp

It'll be a huge loss if Foran is somehow released.

It'll be 2018 all over again. Many thought Blake Green was old and past it and we let him go to the Warriors and Daly had a terrible season without a 6 that could direct things and free him up to play his natural game. Schuster is injury prone and lacks a cool head under pressure. We definitely need Foran to be successful next year.

Can't see Foz going anywhere. If he's learnt anything during his time away from Manly, it's he can't play his best footy at any other club but at Manly. He knows the system, he knows Des.

Foz is Manly. He needs us like we need him. He may want more money & in truth he's worth a bit more but I reckon he's happy here at home. The fans value & respect him. He won't get that elsewhere - well not to the extent he gets it at manly. I think an upgrade $$$ would be in order on condition he stays fit.

The Moral of the Foz story

Where there is smoke there is fire
And.....
Where there is more money to be made there is desire

And our Legendary coach Desmond Knows all about that ! :)

Foz had a good season in 2021, he is getting on and has a large family to take care of, can understand him being tempted for more coin and a longer contract being available.

We are short in the halves / hooker with Cust going, be even more difficult if Foz was to go.

Origin plus injuries leaves the squad short, DCE and Schuster could be picked for origin.

Foz is Manly. He needs us like we need him. He may want more money & in truth he's worth a bit more but I reckon he's happy here at home. The fans value & respect him. He won't get that elsewhere - well not to the extent he gets it at manly. I think an upgrade $$$ would be in order on condition he stays fit.
Should have no worries on Foz's fitness Jerry1, last season dispelled all doubts, so an upgrade would be warranted you would think.

If Foran plays at 6 this year we will have the same result as 2021 .Schuster will bring us a whole different ball game and we'll definitely be a grand final contender in 2022 .
And that is based on what fact? 8o min in 2020 when Benji Marshall waxed lyrical about the shoe.

don't get me wrong. he is an amazing talent. he will be a superstar but don't discount what Foran has bought back to this side.

There is absolutely no proof that if the shoe replaced Foz in 22 we as a team would do any better than this year. I could only imagine the uproar around here if the swap did happen and we failed to do well in 22 because the shoe while good wasn't great.

Should have no worries on Foz's fitness Jerry1, last season dispelled all doubts, so an upgrade would be warranted you would think.
I think the last few games were a bridge too far for Foran.He was gassed in the finals and given this season was the most games he’d played in 6-7 years,its quite understandable.It should benefit him next season provided he avoids the soft tissue injuries he managed to not pick up this year

It worked out well for Foran last time he left Manly

Played crap and always injured at the eels, warriors and dogs

As if any respectable player would want to go the the knights or tigers these days
you forgot to mention he got paid pretty bloody well for s.f.a. work

Far out, I can't believe Foz will leave us with another year to go. He was so happy being back at Manly, with Des, and DCE, and 2021 was one of his better years.

Apart from money (which I don't think would be the be-all and end-all for him), the only reason I can think the Knights might be attractive is his current wife and her kids use to live on the Central Coast (and maybe still do?)

He also admitted he had mental health issues in the past but was now in a good place, so you'd think it would have to be an exceptional offer for him to change that stability. I hope he stays put at Manly!

I think the last few games were a bridge too far for Foran.He was gassed in the finals and given this season was the most games he’d played in 6-7 years,its quite understandable.It should benefit him next season provided he avoids the soft tissue injuries he managed to not pick up this year
Easy to get gassed if you virtually have no ball, make countless errors, give away to many 6 agains and penalties. Foran wasn't the only one.

Is Foz on 400 k for Manly now , doubt it . would he be capable of doing a Blake Green , would hope not . Did foz have a good 2021 , definitely though just held his own against the stronger sides on the verge of struggling . Still not of the view that Schuster would be the best fit there short or long term Will be a setback if he left , surely Manly do not wish him to . Different if Latu Fainu was ready .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6