The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
wow I didn't see that coming .
Hey how come this isnt part of the 300 or is it 400 page Foz thread from awhile ago .
Seeing as we have the Schu and DW a swap for Tex Hoy with drugcastle or if we can wrangle our way into getting Api or Hodgeson(not at 850k or whatever he is asking) maynot be a bad idea.
The other thing is it also means we have a bit more room for all these Prop/2nd rowers like Davey,and Bullemore who both show a lot of promise
But could be click bait which is what I'm leaning to ,although Ritchie is kind of plugged into Manly

Manly quiet & without any drama so the illiterates come out of their holes trying to stir up $hit in the media. I know it’s early but I’m hoping it stays the way it is with only the announcement of signings.

If there is any truth to the rumour all I can think of is a possible swap of players, Foran for Tex Hoy who is a fullback where we don't have a ready-made reserve. Foran would have to be paid an increased salary by Newcastle and given a further year on his contract.
It sound illogical, but strange things happen in RL.
While I'm a fan of Foran I do think that if he remains our No. 1 five-eight next season we won't improve our position in the premiership. To go to the top I believe we need The Shoe as 5/8 and getting his hands on the ball as much as possible.
Hoy only just re-signed with Newcastle after his godfather,Andrew Johns came back to the club and had a chat to him and is more likely to play regular first grade there than at Manly

I doubt this is true...but at this stage of his career Foran will definitely be thinking about money that sees him out and probably where money will come from after he finishes up playing. if he is going to be offered a spot in the coaching squad he is obviously better-off staying put.

do you think we could be considering a move for josh hodgson. he is a dominant dummy half and would give a story like this some sense

hodgson loves to control the game which would be great for cherry and jake in particular

he would be about the best we could get if looking to improve on last year

the hodgson deal just seems clouded everywhere
He would be wanting plenty of $'s..

I doubt this is true...but at this stage of his career Foran will definitely be thinking about money that sees him out and probably where money will come from after he finishes up playing. if he is going to be offered a spot in the coaching squad he is obviously better-off staying put.
One poster on here, forget who, said he was on a bigger up graded deal for 22 ?..he's staying !!

I don’t think the article is necessarily click-bait. It makes sense for the Tigers and Newcastle to be interested in him. He is cheap, had a great year last year, is a leader and can negotiate now. His manager is also within his rights to try and get Foz a deal for 2023.

Whether Foz would entertain the idea is another thing. Foz was really happy at Manly last year and I honestly can’t see him jeopardising that happiness given the maturity he now possesses.

do you think we could be considering a move for josh hodgson. he is a dominant dummy half and would give a story like this some sense

hodgson loves to control the game which would be great for cherry and jake in particular

he would be about the best we could get if looking to improve on last year

the hodgson deal just seems clouded everywhere
He is on about $800 ,so no

Hoy only just re-signed with Newcastle after his godfather,Andrew Johns came back to the club and had a chat to him and is more likely to play regular first grade there than at Manly
Hoy’s connection to allambie heights through his grandma and father might be enough to sway him to come south. Mrs Hoy was my teacher at Allambie hts public school in the late 70s, and Matt went to infants school there. She was from Newcastle and moved down for a few years. I think they moved back about 1981.

This is the type of tenuous connection that the tele can build into “strong historical ties”.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8