The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think plenty of clubs would have wanted him but weren't offering any money, To be fair I think he thought if he is going to play for **** money he may as well play for us where he can make a difference. I couldn't stand him years ago but now that he has come back I am happy to have him. Look at what value we got out of Blake Green, if Foran can stay fit he is miles ahead of Green. If we signed him for even 500k I would be mad, but 350k honestly is a bargain for his talent even if he misses a lot through injury he is ok on 350k.
I disagree

Looks like we have him at the right price and conditions. Fully fit he is worth $900k maybe more, so if we got him for 350k and he only plays 1/3rd of games we have got our moneys worth. I think Schuster will become a ball playing lock and Jake will move to prop. If Foz gets injured Shuster slots back in at 5/8, jake to lock and promote a prop. Having Foran in the halves gives us genuine game management and strike on both sides and it takes pressure off both Foran and DCE then add a roaming Turbo into the mix and it all of a sudden puts defences into awkward situations instead of reading our attack like a book. But most importantly we get a genuine strike centre with Walker going back to his natural position. All this positivity comes from one 350k signing with no risk after a year. Just need Cade Cust to cover as a decent hooker for 6 months until Manase is back then use them on rotation like the Le'Strange and Ballin combo once Fainu returns. We really just need a top quality edge back rower and we will be a serious contenders.
Best result, great option, I hope you are on the selection panel

A few points.
1. I see his signing as a win win. Tell me this if he wasn't injury prone what would he command at the age of 30? He's probably still one of the best footy players.
2. All thus talk about Schuster wanting out is laughable. I personally think its a beat up but I dont care if he does want gone but we have him on contract for another 2 years. He's not on stupid money so if he does have an AFB go slow and weather it be manager led or not he can sit in the regies and stuck it up. AFB was and still is a bad egg. Great player sure but better to cut that sort of cancer out. The Shoe is just a young kid.

Hope so EL

Major decisions should be always made using logic and not emotion .

Emotion should always be taken out of the equation as when emotion is involved the decisions made are usually wrong.

In relation to Foran my belief is that young Schuster would well and truly have been brought into the loop , so from that angle I’m not too worried.

I am worried about Foran’s body as logic suggests his days are numbered ( in fact I believe he should already have retired ) but that really is the only worry I have as I think his leadership and stature could be good for the club.

I agree Mark. I mean I get so emotional about logic, I end up farting. But seriously its always dangerous to operate on an emotion. Emotions are valuable to tell you something. But you have to work out what that something is and often its not what you think it is. Its the basis of the 'take a deep breath and count to ten'. Gives time to get it in perspective and act logically rather than emotionally. Thus ends the sermon of the day. Is it too early for a scotch?

Not going to use the "he was young" excuse, maxta, but there was definitely stuff going on in his life and his head that we just didn't know about at the time.

In 40 years of being involved in, and watching footy, I've never seen a player in any grade behave like that on a footy field, let alone in the NRL.
The closest was Moses with the Tigers, and Foran has him well covered in this.

He can't be the first bloke to pull on a jersey and also have stuff going on off the field.

Unforgivable behaviour.

There’s lots of different ways to look at this whole thing. I’m happy to see him back. Health concerns aside, he’s still a fine player and hopefully he can stay injury free for long enough, to offer plenty to the team. I think he needs to start at #6 as that’s where we’re lacking. The combination he had with DCE is too good to waste, having him play in the #9 or #14.
So where does that leave Schuster, Cust and the others? I’d play Schuster at #4 left centre on the same side as Foran. He should be our long term #6 and would learn a lot from playing outside Foran.
I see Cust as our eventual #7 but will likely need to cover the #9 and #14 roles until the Fainu situation is resolved.
A large piece of the puzzle is DCE. I think he’s only got about 2 more years on his current contact. Foran has just been signed for 2 years. Cust & Schuster are the future but they need some time to become established in 1st Grade without having to carry the team on a weekly basis. If we can get a good 2 years from DCE and Foran, we can let both go and Cust and Schuster will be ready to take over.
Letting DCE go frees up $1.25M to spend on other players. Suli to play in the #3 and we let Walker go. Hopoate and Funa on the wings for the time being with perhaps Turbo moving to the Centres in a couple of years when Hopoate is ready to take over at Fullback. Just my thoughts

1601077412855.png

I agree Mark. I mean I get so emotional about logic, I end up farting. But seriously its always dangerous to operate on an emotion. Emotions are valuable to tell you something. But you have to work out what that something is and often its not what you think it is. Its the basis of the 'take a deep breath and count to ten'. Gives time to get it in perspective and act logically rather than emotionally. Thus ends the sermon of the day. Is it too early for a scotch?
Actually if more on here took a deep breath and counted to ten there’d be less squabbles.

There’s lots of different ways to look at this whole thing. I’m happy to see him back. Health concerns aside, he’s still a fine player and hopefully he can stay injury free for long enough, to offer plenty to the team. I think he needs to start at #6 as that’s where we’re lacking. The combination he had with DCE is too good to waste, having him play in the #9 or #14.
So where does that leave Schuster, Cust and the others? I’d play Schuster at #4 left centre on the same side as Foran. He should be our long term #6 and would learn a lot from playing outside Foran.
I see Cust as our eventual #7 but will likely need to cover the #9 and #14 roles until the Fainu situation is resolved.
A large piece of the puzzle is DCE. I think he’s only got about 2 more years on his current contact. Foran has just been signed for 2 years. Cust & Schuster are the future but they need some time to become established in 1st Grade without having to carry the team on a weekly basis. If we can get a good 2 years from DCE and Foran, we can let both go and Cust and Schuster will be ready to take over.
Letting DCE go frees up $1.25M to spend on other players. Suli to play in the #3 and we let Walker go. Hopoate and Funa on the wings for the time being with perhaps Turbo moving to the Centres in a couple of years when Hopoate is ready to take over at Fullback. Just my thoughts
And good ones too , in fact most peoples ideas are worth looking at.

Looks like we have him at the right price and conditions. Fully fit he is worth $900k maybe more, so if we got him for 350k and he only plays 1/3rd of games we have got our moneys worth. I think Schuster will become a ball playing lock and Jake will move to prop. If Foz gets injured Shuster slots back in at 5/8, jake to lock and promote a prop. Having Foran in the halves gives us genuine game management and strike on both sides and it takes pressure off both Foran and DCE then add a roaming Turbo into the mix and it all of a sudden puts defences into awkward situations instead of reading our attack like a book. But most importantly we get a genuine strike centre with Walker going back to his natural position. All this positivity comes from one 350k signing with no risk after a year. Just need Cade Cust to cover as

Absolutely with just one cheap signing we address multiple short comings we have with very little risk.
Sure he may go down but at that price against the advantages we gain worth it all the way to rehab.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4