The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
For what its worth (probably little), I saw a post on FB today from a young lady who claims to be Fozzies girlfriends, friend....also claims to know a couple from the coaching staff.

Probably total crap BUT she said that the players AND the club are pretty much over the media and the BS that's coming out and she claimed that both Foz and DCE were very close to extending their deals at Manly and especially so after the new ownership and planned Brookie redevelopment.

I must admit to not believing 99.9% of the garbage the DT spins out, BUT I had always thought it would be very very hard for the club to keep both.

Who knows, maybe it's not!

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
His dad, who we know is a big wig at Walmart over here was lucky enough to bump into me the other day and he told me that Foz was staying at Manly and the media just make things up 'willy nilly.'

This guy sounds on the money.....albeit a bit of a noob!

• 👍
Reactions: Dan

tookey

First Grader
For what its worth (probably little), I saw a post on FB today from a young lady who claims to be Fozzies girlfriends, friend....also claims to know a couple from the coaching staff.

Probably total crap BUT she said that the players AND the club are pretty much over the media and the BS that's coming out and she claimed that both Foz and DCE were very close to extending their deals at Manly and especially so after the new ownership and planned Brookie redevelopment.

I must admit to not believing 99.9% of the garbage the DT spins out, BUT I had always thought it would be very very hard for the club to keep both.

Who knows, maybe it's not!

Maybe @kingoftherodeo can confirm if the post was from his sister?

http://silvertails.net/threads/stev...oin-exodus-from-manly-sea-eagles.44737/page-6

Last edited:

WESTIE

Reserve Grader
Now about 6 weeks to go before we kick off for season 2015....curious to see when Foran will make his announcement re 2016 considering he said he wanted it sorted before the season .....Squeel fans at work reckon the only hold up to him joining them is the the guarantee of the 3rd party agreements and their proportion to the overall offer....Will we then be subject to the june 30 or rd13 deadline change of mind speculation ??

winnyason

Bencher
He has priced himself out, in cap of 5.8 we simply cannot afford 2.4 for both boys. I hate parra so I would be unhappy if he ended up there, warriors I could live with.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
KIERAN Foran is prepared to show loyalty first when it comes to the biggest decision of his career.

The Manly star is one of the biggest names off-contract in 2015, but any club wanting to sign him has been told to back-off until the Sea Eagles have made their final offer.

Foran is still waiting for his first offer from Manly under new CEO Joe Kelly.

The star five-eighth’s impending decision isn’t only about money, either. He also wants to assess any improvements the Sea Eagles are willing make to their back-room staff between now and season kick-off, including an increase in the number of medical staff and physiotherapists.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...forans-signature/story-fni3gnk1-1227195832867

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
The closer it comes to the start of the season the better shape we are in to retain both I think because te club will hold off then right until kick off to give us a massive boost for round 1, especially as it's Parra...

Mavin

Bencher
KIERAN Foran is prepared to show loyalty first when it comes to the biggest decision of his career.

The Manly star is one of the biggest names off-contract in 2015, but any club wanting to sign him has been told to back-off until the Sea Eagles have made their final offer.

Foran is still waiting for his first offer from Manly under new CEO Joe Kelly.

The star five-eighth’s impending decision isn’t only about money, either. He also wants to assess any improvements the Sea Eagles are willing make to their back-room staff between now and season kick-off, including an increase in the number of medical staff and physiotherapists.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...forans-signature/story-fni3gnk1-1227195832867
So everyone believes this telegraph story but not the ones that suggest he is leaving? If we are 2 believe this it than makes Kelly and Penn liars as they were making offers at the beginning of December. I believe this article as much as any in the telegraph not at all. I'll just sit tight and we all should know in the next month.

TagMonster

Reserve Grader
Maybe I'm just overly frustrated by this whole situation but as much as I like Foz, I think he is as good as he can be now, which is a top 10 half. DCE, however; is still scratching the surface of his potential which is the unanimous best half on the world. DCE is a game breaking playmaker. Foz is an incredible leader, but a bit of a game manager compared to DCE. Don't get me wrong, I would love to keep Foz but choice between them would not be a difficult decision to me right now.

winnyason

Bencher
Look simply it is all looking for best deal and best leverage to use against us to get best deal.
Foz options Imo are manly, eels and warriors. I believe we have big fight with slime for foran.
dce options manly, cronulla and titans. Our biggest fight for him is titans can get massive third party deal, remember cronk was signed last minute change of heart.
We need to be patient both players have around 8 to 10 offers on the table. media well just speculate no doubt managers cause frenzy with leaks but I believe half is true half is bulls bit.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Maybe I'm just overly frustrated by this whole situation but as much as I like Foz, I think he is as good as he can be now, which is a top 10 half. DCE, however; is still scratching the surface of his potential which is the unanimous best half on the world. DCE is a game breaking playmaker. Foz is an incredible leader, but a bit of a game manager compared to DCE. Don't get me wrong, I would love to keep Foz but choice between them would not be a difficult decision to me right now.

I see your point in the sense that DCE has a little more flair, but I think Foran is the more valuable player. I compare to Thurston to DCE, and Foran to Smith/Cronk. Thurston has all the flair, but he has never won a premiership. Smith and Cronk are both great leaders, calm under pressure, and because their games are so simple and based on high % options, they get the job done when it matters most.

DCE will always wow a crowd, but Foran will control the match and strike when we need it most....these are the kind of players that win premierships. I also think Foran is tough and epitomises the Manly culture; I like him as a character, whereas DCE strikes me as a little clean cut and polished....a new generation footballer so to speak. I'd take Foz over DCE any day!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I see your point in the sense that DCE has a little more flair, but I think Foran is the more valuable player. I compare to Thurston to DCE, and Foran to Smith/Cronk. Thurston has all the flair, but he has never won a premiership. Smith and Cronk are both great leaders, calm under pressure, and because their games are so simple and based on high % options, they get the job done when it matters most.

DCE will always wow a crowd, but Foran will control the match and strike when we need it most....these are the kind of players that win premierships. I also think Foran is tough and epitomises the Manly culture; I like him as a character, whereas DCE strikes me as a little clean cut and polished....a new generation footballer so to speak. I'd take Foz over DCE any day!
There were many great players that did not win a premiership and that's because they didn't play in a great team . Thurston has excelled in the highest levels SOO and Australia

Snake

Snake's Alive!
There were many great players that did not win a premiership and that's because they didn't play in a great team . Thurston has excelled in the highest levels SOO and Australia

I totally agree. I am just making the point that you can have all the skills and all the flair in the world, but sometimes the more valuable players are the ones that steer the ship, and I think Foran is more a match winner than DCE...it's just that Foz will win you a match with a great off the ball play, a tackle, a kick chase, a charge at the line that changes the whole momentum of a game and he'll do it week in week out. DCE will chip over the top and regather to win you a game, but it'll happen once in a season, but because it's spectacular, people will label him the match winner and Foran the understudy. Anyone that doesn't think Foz is a match winner should watch the highlights from last years match against the Cowboys at Gosford!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I totally agree. I am just making the point that you can have all the skills and all the flair in the world, but sometimes the more valuable players are the ones that steer the ship, and I think Foran is more a match winner than DCE...it's just that Foz will win you a match with a great off the ball play, a tackle, a kick chase, a charge at the line that changes the whole momentum of a game and he'll do it week in week out. DCE will chip over the top and regather to win you a game, but it'll happen once in a season, but because it's spectacular, people will label him the match winner and Foran the understudy. Anyone that doesn't think Foz is a match winner should watch the highlights from last years match against the Cowboys at Gosford!
Both players offer match wining qualities in their own right and it would be great if we can keep them both as they give a team the perfect balance

sheridanstand78

First Grader
If we manage to retain them both, Joe Kelly will be a god in my eyes, cause this is vital for the club. If this is done we are a great threat every season. Praying that it goes our way and the guys re-sign and give our club such a boost

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16