The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shoe1

Journey Man
Fox has been on relatively big money for the last ten years. Plus he has a dad who is a multi millionaire. Doubt that it is about the money. Can see him staying for 300K and moving into Walkers role and being a backup for Josh S.
Coaching role after that.
people always assume that his millionaire dad will help out. It is a big assumption.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Where there is smoke there is smokers
or sometimes just a cloud of bulldust!
Yeah if Foz goes we'll run with DCE/Schu as a halves pair, personally I see a lot of teething problems with that combo but also exciting potential.
If Foz didn't have such a serious injury history I'd be keener about retaining him, he certainly brings a lot of positives.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
people always assume that his millionaire dad will help out. It is a big assumption.
Or assume he would want dad to help him out. Highly unlikely I'd say, he's a proud guy but also doesn't strike me as someone who wants to lead a millionaire lifestyle. I know he blew a fortune gambling at one stage but surely he's still fairly well set up, relatively speaking.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned

Shoe1

Journey Man
Or assume he would want dad to help him out. Highly unlikely I'd say, he's a proud guy but also doesn't strike me as someone who wants to lead a millionaire lifestyle. I know he blew a fortune gambling at one stage but surely he's still fairly well set up, relatively speaking.
There's also a few cloudy snippets in the media over the years. His mum and dad have not been together since he was a kid, there was some weird incident with Liam being stabbed in a fight with an uncle over debts, also some strange arrest in China, then the foz depression years where there was no evidence the dad was part of the support group.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
or sometimes just a cloud of bulldust!
Yeah if Foz goes we'll run with DCE/Schu as a halves pair, personally I see a lot of teething problems with that combo but also exciting potential.
If Foz didn't have such a serious injury history I'd be keener about retaining him, he certainly brings a lot of positives.
The transition would be easier if DCE was more of a half and his experience shone through in big moments. If he could apply himself more to suit what the side needs the combo of experience and youthful exuberence would be perfect. He has it in him but its clear its a struggle and not natural. Really need a trainer behind him reminding him constantly

Even though he is adapting his kicking game to suit the sides his composure is awful and schuster at 6 will attract a lot more attention and a lot less time to execute

If fainu returns who also is a ball of unpredictability and my feel is we have enough.

Tom is an unbelieveable fullback but he could add composure at 6 but id hate to move him to rectify other failings. He was targeted by the swans so i presume he can kick. He lives in the line constantly and gets bashed into submission weekly . Garrick improving and outside backs making a play. Maybe. Im not suggesting its on the cards or would work, just adding it to our limited options

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Genuinely curious. Why does everyone seem to think Foz would make a good coach?
He is a very instinctive player which doesn't always translate to coaching - see Trent Barrett.
In the footage we see in the rooms and behind the posts, he is not a talker.
And his history suggests that he may not deal with the pressure of being a head coach.
Having said all that, he does sound very knowledgeable in post match interviews of what went right and what went wrong. So do you all mean assistant coach?

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
He is a very instinctive player which doesn't always translate to coaching - see Trent Barrett.
And his history suggests that he may not deal with the pressure of being a head coach.
Having said all that, he does sound very knowledgeable in post match interviews of what went right and what went wrong. So do you all mean assistant coach?
I think it’s his ability to motivate others. I don’t think I’ve seen a better player at that in the last 20 years.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Eventually moving to assistant coach role at Manly would be ideal. Thereby keeping the line of great ex Manly players only coaching Manly.
I do think we have to get over this. It really is severely limiting.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Do we have any well compensated players getting towards the end of a lucrative contract that might be able to take a bit of a haircut to keep Foz at the club ?
Well there’s one very very well compensated player who has looked a little like the money he’s being paid as a result of Foran’s inclusion , so yes I agree 110%

Snake

Snake's Alive!
He’s a massive talker on the field and is always chirping. He is renown for screaming at his edge backrowers to run harder. The cameras picked up his intense half time speech last week. When he talks, people listen. He is incredibly composed and a real calming influence on those around him. I can’t say what he’d bring from a tactical standpoint and I don’t get the impression that he’d be interested in too much pressure, post football. He is a real family man now and I imagine he’d rather make that a focus than footy.

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 8 7 -8 18
15 7 8 -47 18
14 7 7 -50 18