The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
That's where we'll finish this season. That's my view. We are always too injured. We have an unbalanced roster. We are missing KEY pieces (hooker, marquee centre). We cannot beat a top 4 team. Broncos just overtook us (what's that tell you?).

Hyperbole as much as you like, we could drop to 12th-13th after this weekend, and I think that's a fair assessment of where the team as a whole is at.

Well I strongly disagree.

Also using injurys to state where we will finish to justify a poor roster......is not logically sound.

Ryan

Journey Man
Well I strongly disagree.

Also using injurys to state where we will finish to justify a poor roster......is not logically sound.
I'm not projecting. It's where we are right now ! Also, it plays a part. We are about to have another 6-7 week period without presumably DCE, Tom and Jake. Given where we'll likely he at week's end, how do you think we'll go?

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I'm not projecting. It's where we are right now ! Also, it plays a part. We are about to have another 6-7 week period without presumably DCE, Tom and Jake. Given where we'll likely he at week's end, how do you think we'll go?
Well if I was a betting man (I am) I'd have us 6th or maybe 7th at the end of this weekend. I think we go big.

SOO players dont miss 6-7 weeks.

We'll be fine, we'll make the 8 in a canter. The fact that we have not been pulling up stumps and are 8th (leading into the round) highlights that our roster os good.

The concern is can we do it under the lights against top teams in the finals.....history suggest no but with development in our youngsters the hope is we can get there by seasons end

Ryan

Journey Man
Well if I was a betting man (I am) I'd have us 6th or maybe 7th at the end of this weekend. I think we go big.

SOO players dont miss 6-7 weeks.

We'll be fine, we'll make the 8 in a canter. The fact that we have not been pulling up stumps and are 8th (leading into the round) highlights that our roster os good.

The concern is can we do it under the lights against top teams in the finals.....history suggest no but with development in our youngsters the hope is we can get there by seasons end

Origin is 6 weeks mate. Then I'm accounting for the fact Des rests them after (historically). You're assuming we beat the Tigers. There are going to be more and more outs for us. Who is it now?

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
in the fair dinkum dept foran is worth more than 300k. He has been playing like a man looking for a contract. i suppose the 2 year deal as opposed to the coin would be a factor considering his attitude to the game and the likelihood he is one inspirational play away from retirement

good luck to him. Manly went in a different direction. cant believe we let walker go. That is the bigger mystery. I presume he pushed the friendship once too often.

Now to sprinkle some james on this thread

foran has been manlys best half this year everywhere but in silvertails MVP. maybe he felt unloved and unappreciated

you people know who you are, playing favorites. that is me stirring the pot , relaxx

Q. What do you get when you put Forans heart in DCE body.
A. Forans body
now you can fire up, ive cleared my calendar

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Origin is 6 weeks mate. Then I'm accounting for the fact Des rests them after (historically). You're assuming we beat the Tigers. There are going to be more and more outs for us. Who is it now?
DCE missed 2 games last year if I'm not mistaken....but sure that will definitely jump to 6 this year because, well why not.

You get a bye before 1 origin and another is a standalone meaning you miss 1 game then its up to the coaches if you back up the other two mid week games.

Tell me about these more and more outs you are manifesting?

Also I'm not assuming anything but I am predicting we will win and win well this week.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
DCE missed 2 games last year if I'm not mistaken....but sure that will definitely jump to 6 this year because, well why not.

You get a bye before 1 origin and another is a standalone meaning you miss 1 game then its up to the coaches if you back up the other two mid week games.

Also I'm not assuming anothing but I am predicting we will ein and win well this week.

With studs-up Slater coaching ... DCE is not guaranteed a SOO start.

Ryan

Journey Man

Also I'm not assuming anything but I am predicting we will win and win well this week.

If we play them (and not rest them) between origin series. Also, that if they don't get injured.

DCE and Jake are kinda iron men, but Tom I have no faith in making it through unscathed or at least without being rested.

I'd actually love Tom to pull a Jamie Lyon tbh

D

Deleted member 26876

So we have foz and dce breakup initially because of a young half throwing a tantrum, now we (allegedly) have them breakup again because another young half is (allegedly) having a tantrum.

I hate young halves.

Just wait your time Schuster, ffs he hasn't even shown he has the qualities of a composed, reliable half yet. I don't care if he's great this isn't the way to go about it

XV-1

First Grader
So we have foz and dce breakup initially because of a young half throwing a tantrum, now we (allegedly) have them breakup again because another young half is (allegedly) having a tantrum.

I hate young halves.

Just wait your time Schuster, ffs he hasn't even shown he has the qualities of a composed, reliable half yet. I don't care if he's great this isn't the way to go about it

Allegedly. The facts are the common denominator is Foran.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
If the club as a whole had more of a continuous Manly connection it may not be so much of an issue. As it stands it has been the coaches who have continued the Manly line. We have private owners and the footy club is largely sidelined and even the leagues club doesn't seem very central to the NRL business. Maybe with the COE now at Brookie that may change a little?

Meanwhile it seems Matt Ballin is continuing his coaching development, spotted him alongside Kevvie during the Bronco game.
Ballin had a really tumultuous time coaching our u/20s when he first stepped in during 2019; so much so that he was relieved of the duty. He got offside with a few people at the time as well and I think the change of scenery is good for all parties.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Reports are the Foran deal with Titans is done and about to be announced. However I am still amazed that salary cap pressure is the reason we can't keep a guy on $300k. Walker to go, marty to go and maybe a couple others, yet we have no cash. We need a new accountant, not CEO. Everyone else can 3-4 class guys on big bucks and keep buying more.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18
15 7 7 28 17