The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agree with a few others who have said this is a storm in a teacup.

Those pushing for Foz to be axed should be careful what they wish for. His contribution is not just what he does himself. He makes just about every player in our team better. Des loves him for a reason.

Schuster has always been respectful of Foz in his public statements, and he seemed genuine to me. This current talk could be the manager causing trouble, or it could just be the RL media making up stories (it wouldn’t be the first time). Either way I am not too concerned about it.

The best team currently has Foz at 6 and Schu on the edge, and that’s what matters. When that changes the team should change.
Imagine axing Foz and Shu is spending his annual holidays on the sideline with Turbo. Then, we are left with headless chook DCE running the halves show. Disaster.

Here’s an idea
Before schusters manager gets In and sours the relationship between schuster and the club, how about his client play some footy and prove he’s upto the job?
So far I’ve seen him play a debut game, overplay his hand multiple times that game with bad early kicks costing us the game, then got busted and wasn’t seen the rest of the season..
Then he played a handful of games last year, looked killer when we were playing teams we could easily bully, and wasn’t sighted in the games where we needed players to stand up and dig in, then got busted and hasn’t been sighted since..
I’m all for young players being hungry for their spot but so far schuster hasn’t earned a single thing in this squad

Here’s an idea
Before schusters manager gets In and sours the relationship between schuster and the club, how about his client play some footy and prove he’s upto the job?
So far I’ve seen him play a debut game, overplay his hand multiple times that game with bad early kicks costing us the game, then got busted and wasn’t seen the rest of the season..
Then he played a handful of games last year, looked killer when we were playing teams we could easily bully, and wasn’t sighted in the games where we needed players to stand up and dig in, then got busted and hasn’t been sighted since..
I’m all for young players being hungry for their spot but so far schuster hasn’t earned a single thing in this squad
It’s the generation of instant red pill satisfaction. Young talented potential gets elevated to the level of gods before earning it.

It’s the generation of instant red pill satisfaction. Young talented potential gets elevated to the level of gods before earning it.
Yea it’s infuriating..
I’m hoping it’s the manager and not schuster himself.. if a prodigy like tommy turbo was happy to play on the wing for a few seasons while snake was on his way out, schuster can damn sure play his back row/playmaker spot for a season or 2 more

Yea it’s infuriating..
I’m hoping it’s the manager and not schuster himself.. if a prodigy like tommy turbo was happy to play on the wing for a few seasons while snake was on his way out, schuster can damn sure play his back row/playmaker spot for a season or 2 more

Pretty big difference between the wing and 2nd row as far as getting battered left right and centre.

Pretty big difference between the wing and 2nd row as far as getting battered left right and centre.
Yea, but there’s not that much difference between that and 6 tho is there? Ok might not chime in with the grunt work but your still in the middle of the park, running into the thick of it.. foz has made a career launching into players in attack and defence so it’s not that far off

Awww poor pretty boy, Shu can’t handle a bit of tough stuff… but yeah, let’s gamble our future on the precious dear.

Yea, but there’s not that much difference between that and 6 tho is there? Ok might not chime in with the grunt work but your still in the middle of the park, running into the thick of it.. foz has made a career launching into players in attack and defence so it’s not that far off

Pretty big difference imo. 5/8th you are maybe doing 10 - 15 tackles.
2nd row general over 30.

I like Schu. I also know this is likely just drama from media.

But I hope he knows that contributing to a premiership-winning team may infact be more fulfilling than trying to be the main character.

The reality is that Schu needs to earn the 5/8 jersey. Injured all year so bizarre timing.

Last year he proved Des and the sane right in many ways. He struggled to play with a consistent presence for 80 minutes and often overloaded on the hail-mary plays. In saying that, this is expected of a young player, and he still played to a standard that confirmed his potential. Without him we admittedly lost a dimension of our attack, and his defence was underrated. But I don't like the motives behind trying to be a half in this side.

Is he not having fun? Is that it? Well he's not even playing at the moment! When he is, he can just find ways to reivent the wheel abit and get more involved. Be a half, stamp your authority, with or without the 6 jersey.

He is in a great position at the moment. Little pressure on him, relative freedom. He may be a great 5/8, or one that tries too hard, but he could also be suited to a different role and that's something he should be open to. Money is great for a 5/8, sure. The main thing is that he has time to develop his game surrounded by two great halves in an improving team, and can still be a leading figure.

I don't believe there is any need to bow down to his manager [If this is even remotely true]

Foz plays tougher than anyone else in our squad, earns his spot almost every week and sets the example.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's look at this from the oppositions point of view .In my opinion most teams or coaches are excited to see Foran than Schuster in the Manly team .With ball in hand there is nothing to worry about Foran but put one defender on him where as for Schuster they will put a couple and very hesitant in defense when he gets the football .That is what I see happening this year so far and we do not have the gaps we had last year .Anyway ,let's hope for some rabbit stew tonight .Go Manly .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11