The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Schuster can't see off a challenge from an old broken down Foran ... or if he doesn't want to be patient ... then he's not the player we need.

Having said that ... I think it is a storm in a teacup ..
Here here
Please
What a load of numb nut poo

This could become a major problem with Mario Tartak potentially using the "5/8" promise as a get out of contract tactic for 2023 and 2024.

Manly and Des better not screw this up all for a past traitor like Foran.

We don't want this turning into to the DCE - Foran saga of a few years back with Foran bold face lying to Manly to screw us.
Schuster has the skill set to be a once in a generation player, if they gave him the 6 today we would see what a player he is.

Just remember what Foran did to the club back in 2015.

We wouldn’t be paying DCE the sort of money we are now if it wasn’t for him and his “promises” to the club.
If we were to lose Schuster because of Management & their love for Foran I’d be pretty pissed off! To the point I’d never renew my membership again. We fvcked up when we released Hynes & I hope it’s not another star leaving us for a better opportunity. Keeping Nicho we could have now had him & Schuster as our halves!!!
Tom
Saab
Koula
Tuipulotu
Garrick
Schuster
Hynes……

If we were to lose Schuster because of Management & their love for Foran I’d be pretty pissed off! To the point I’d never renew my membership again. We fvcked up when we released Hynes & I hope it’s not another star leaving us for a better opportunity. Keeping Nicho we could have now had him & Schuster as our halves!!!
Tom
Saab
Koula
Tuipulotu
Garrick
Schuster
Hynes……
Mate, if Schuster leaves, it will be because he decides to leave..

And if he makes that decision because he was unable to unseat a geriatric Foran ... then he is not the player you think he is.

No position is a given ... they are earned. ... and if he is as good as we think he is ... then he will force his way into the 6 ...

Were not looking likely to win a premiership with foz we were a long way off the top 4 last year , this year the gap might be further, the future is schuster it his time to learn and grow in that position, if foran stays it has to be as a 9 or backup to dce/schuster

Mate, if Schuster leaves, it will be because he decides to leave..

And if he makes that decision because he was unable to unseat a geriatric Foran ... then he is not the player you think he is.

No position is a given ... they are earned. ... and if he is as good as we think he is ... then he will force his way into the 6 ...

Did DCE choose to leave Manly at the end of 2015? No, he had a verbal contract which he accepted which Manly retracted due to upping the offer to the lying pos Foran.

Des is like Foran's father so has always given him preferential treatment.

Des picks the team, not Schuster. If Des never picks Schuster at 5/8th, how can he unseat the geriatric Foran.

Do you really think Des was not part of the negotiations that got Schuster to sign an extension?

Tom
Saab
Koula
Tuipulotu
Garrick
Schuster
Hynes……
Hynes much like Hastings wouldn't be where he is without going through what they've been through. Change promotes growth. Letting them go helped us to keep Turbo and Schuster. It's a nice looking backline but it's easy to do with hindsight.

Did DCE choose to leave Manly at the end of 2015? No, he had a verbal contract which he accepted which Manly retracted due to upping the offer to the lying pos Foran.

Des is like Foran's father so has always given him preferential treatment.

Des picks the team, not Schuster. If Des never picks Schuster at 5/8th, how can he unseat the geriatric Foran.

Do you really think Des was not part of the negotiations that got Schuster to sign an extension?

None of which has anything to do with the current situation ... Foran was our best player last week and deserves his spot ...

SCHUSTER is a talent that will get his chance to play in the 13 every week .. whether that is 2nd row or 5/8 .. he will show enough to force the issue .. if he's good enough.

To suggest Des will play Foran despite form or winning is nonsense.

There’s no doubt that our best side this year is Foran in the 6 and Schuster on the edge. With Kelma coming next year, where does Schuster fit in? Is it worth alienating your future talent to keep an aging Foran?

There are too many unknowables to accurately assess the situation. If Manly promised Schuster the 6 and they’re going against that, then I can see why his agent at the very least is upset. He wouldn’t be doing his job if he didn’t do something. The money for an elite 6 and an edge backrower isn’t comparable.

Personally, I think this is just a Manager doing his job and Schuster will be more focused on playing well wherever he’s asked to play.

Were not looking likely to win a premiership with foz we were a long way off the top 4 last year

We were in the top 4 last year.

Super Troopers Smh GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Just remember what Foran did to the club back in 2015.

We wouldn’t be paying DCE the sort of money we are now if it wasn’t for him and his “promises” to the club.
Ah yes, so learning from those past mistakes, let’s ditch Foz while putting in the performances he has since returning to Manly, and replace him with the petulant 20 year old part-timer who cannot see what’s best for the team because of his 10 second attention span (and I’m not saying Shu is that, but if he stands back and allows his manager to put this $hit out there then he is just as responsible). Look, we were all peeved with what went down, but it’s past. foz has come back and performed well beyond anybody’s expectations. Now, more than ever, we need to be focused on TEAM. NOT INDIVIDUALS! We will never compete against the stronger clubs in this comp if we focus on individuals at the cost of team buy in. That said, as Woodside and others have alluded to, I also think this is a storm in a teacup and it will be sorted.

There’s no doubt that our best side this year is Foran in the 6 and Schuster on the edge. With Kelma coming next year, where does Schuster fit in? Is it worth alienating your future talent to keep an aging Foran?

There are too many unknowables to accurately assess the situation. If Manly promised Schuster the 6 and they’re going against that, then I can see why his agent at the very least is upset. He wouldn’t be doing his job if he didn’t do something. The money for an elite 6 and an edge backrower isn’t comparable.

Personally, I think this is just a Manager doing his job and Schuster will be more focused on playing well wherever he’s asked to play.
The term 'promise' is getting thrown around in this thread. I doubt there was a pinky swear undertaken. More likely some one in the meeting said we see you as our future 6, with no details or promises given. It's just managers being managers.

The term 'promise' is getting thrown around in this thread. I doubt there was a pinky swear undertaken. More likely some one in the meeting said we see you as our future 6, with no details or promises given. It's just managers being managers.
Schu ain’t going anywhere and I bet he’ll be in the 6 at some point this season. Foz at $300k is a great buy. Ideally he’ll be a back up and mentor for Schu next year. Not sure what the problem is as both are bloody injury prone anyway. They can share the 6 when the other is out injured.

You don’t think Managers seek assurances before signing contracts? Just sign and hope for the best.

Agree with a few others who have said this is a storm in a teacup.

Those pushing for Foz to be axed should be careful what they wish for. His contribution is not just what he does himself. He makes just about every player in our team better. Des loves him for a reason.

Schuster has always been respectful of Foz in his public statements, and he seemed genuine to me. This current talk could be the manager causing trouble, or it could just be the RL media making up stories (it wouldn’t be the first time). Either way I am not too concerned about it.

The best team currently has Foz at 6 and Schu on the edge, and that’s what matters. When that changes the team should change.

Were not looking likely to win a premiership with foz we were a long way off the top 4 last year , this year the gap might be further, the future is schuster it his time to learn and grow in that position, if foran stays it has to be as a 9 or backup to dce/schuster
????
We were in the top 4 last year, NOT a long way off!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8