The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had brown on the better list due to my reference to Johnson in mu previous post. He is quick and the new game suits his style
Those players you listed as better all have better teams. If foran played for the roosters i reckon he'd be better than keary.. swap them around and ask yourself would Keary make an impact for the dogs? I reckon they'd still be last. Foran has no help.. meaney tries but hes average. In our team he would kill it.

Question who do you rate as the best half/five eighth?
I reckon cleary then daylight then keary and Munster.

I thought the same problem is we'd have to pay a center 1 million a year or whatever he is on.... ouch! Its a shame because turbo is the games best player imho. He was killing it this year.... ****s me that nothing happened just returning the ball... arrrrgh. Can we buy him new hammies? Haha

Spot on Biff, financially moving Tom to centre would be a terrible move. In the current game centre is one of if not the lowest paid position.

If you move Tom there what FB are you going to able to attract with the $$ remaining?

I did answer, it was the whole cafegate situation.

A prominent forum member here claimed he overheard Foran in a cafe saying he had agreed to go to Parra but was holding out to screw Manly (paraphrased).
This forum member was a Foran fan, had no reason or form to make such a thing up and turned on him instantly and out of the blue. They then copped ridicule and derision for a month or two before it played out exactly how he stated.
Furphy....perhaps but an awfully strange coincidence or sheer pot luck that the stars aligned.

Anyway to your question, as I said previously, I personally don't think it is a slam dunk. I think Foran on 350k is a 50/50 chance to be a success or absolute failure.

I think their are much better options in a footballing sense
Wasn’t Watmough there was well

1 Rocks and diamonds. A basket case.
2 Maybe for 131 minutes per season.
3 Nope. Or with DCE and Foran either.
Quite a ding dong battle right here between 40 Years a Biff and Bring Back the Eagle, in the Battle of the Long Monikers.

Are we entirely sure it’s not the same poster, engaging in the online split personalities game?

There's probably not to many better than foran when he is on the park.. here's a list of so called elite..
Sean Johnson - NO
Luke Keary - NO
Adam Reynolds - NO
Cameron Munster - NO
Michael Morgan - YES
Mitchell Pearce - PAR
Mitchell Moses - NO
Nathan Cleary - NO
Anthony Milford - YES
Ben Hunt - YES
Nikorima - YES
Ashley Taylor - YES
Dylan Brown - NO
Luke Brooks - YES
Benji Marshall - YES
Corey Norman- YES
Chad Townsend- YES
Jahrome Hughes - YES

The players that are better we have zero chance of getting and some of them may not reach the heights foran has in his career previously and some are only better because of their individual athleticity but aren't a genuine half like foran. For eg. Johnson can step his way through a team and is a star because of it but his game management is lacking. Foran is the best option available to us if we are seeking a half unless we have a loose mil to splurge
Sorry but Foran is not the answer.

Those players you listed as better all have better teams. If foran played for the roosters i reckon he'd be better than keary.. swap them around and ask yourself would Keary make an impact for the dogs? I reckon they'd still be last. Foran has no help.. meaney tries but hes average. In our team he would kill it.

Question who do you rate as the best half/five eighth?
I reckon cleary then daylight then keary and Munster.
Keary and Cleary. Keary would most definateky make an impact at the dogs

There's probably not to many better than foran when he is on the park.. here's a list of so called elite..
Sean Johnson - NO
Luke Keary - NO
Adam Reynolds - NO
Cameron Munster - NO
Michael Morgan - YES
Mitchell Pearce - PAR
Mitchell Moses - NO
Nathan Cleary - NO
Anthony Milford - YES
Ben Hunt - YES
Nikorima - YES
Ashley Taylor - YES
Dylan Brown - NO
Luke Brooks - YES
Benji Marshall - YES
Corey Norman- YES
Chad Townsend- YES
Jahrome Hughes - YES

The players that are better we have zero chance of getting and some of them may not reach the heights foran has in his career previously and some are only better because of their individual athleticity but aren't a genuine half like foran. For eg. Johnson can step his way through a team and is a star because of it but his game management is lacking. Foran is the best option available to us if we are seeking a half unless we have a loose mil to splurge
And most of those players are on near 1 mil a year. Foz at 350k is an absolute bargain. I'm confused why people don't want him.
Remember teddy tadesco at Tigers, he had a run of injuries worse than Foz yet people didn't say "We don't want him" he's too injury prone and look at him now.
Foz has now played 12 of 15 games this season

This is more about manly than foran.. Manly need a direct style half that creates opportunities and will run with the ball. Our team is young so we need experience in the team somewhere. We have not much coin to throw about.

Based on the criteria that manly needs, who else would you get

Cherry isnt going to get better over night. He has proved that. Cust is coming along and would benefit from a guy like Foran

Its not ideal on the surface due to injuries, age, and history but if we want to be competitive we need cheap with all the tools or to unload cherry and buy 2 new guys.

There is still plenty of room for cust and schuster to be involved at centre, back up hooker, lock and the inevitable injury. At least we wont need to cover rep duties

This is more about manly than foran.. Manly need a direct style half that creates opportunities and will run with the ball. Our team is young so we need experience in the team somewhere. We have not much coin to throw about.

Based on the criteria that manly needs, who else would you get

Cherry isnt going to get better over night. He has proved that. Cust is coming along and would benefit from a guy like Foran

Its not ideal on the surface due to injuries, age, and history but if we want to be competitive we need cheap with all the tools or to unload cherry and buy 2 new guys.

There is still plenty of room for cust and schuster to be involved at centre, back up hooker, lock and the inevitable injury. At least we wont need to cover rep duties
OMG, a sensible well thought out response....is there room for that in this thread?
Well done buddy! You see the forest from the trees.
Of course it is not a long term strategy, but it will solve most if not all the current issues...If he stays FOCUSED and mentally stable.
KFs mental health is key to his predicament, not his body.

OMG, a sensible well thought out response....is there room for that in this thread?
Well done buddy! You see the forest from the trees.
Of course it is not a long term strategy, but it will solve most if not all the current issues...If he stays FOCUSED and mentally stable.
KFs mental health is key to his predicament, not his body.
Agree about his mental health. His ex Rebecca (KARMA) was recently in a stoutch with Lichia's fiancee who called her a bad mother etc.
Like I said previously if he has not dealt with all the issue's from the past they will all come back for him if he returned I fear.
I mean his life was in a bad way when he left.

Keary and Cleary. Keary would most definateky make an impact at the dogs
At the rorters keary has a wealth of experience around him plus the games best player..
Jmoz
Bmoz
Cordner
Friend
Tedesco
Takiaho
Tupou
Jwh
Aubusson
Cronk two years Previous

If he went to the dogs he would become the goto guy and the guy who would have to lead that young team around. Not just on the park but off the park as well..
He would become the most experienced player along with tolman....
With a spine of.

Hoppa
Cogger or lewis
Keary
Marshall king

To me they would still be last.. maybe 2nd last. Foran is doing a great job but he cant do it on his own.. no one can! Keary would have to carry the entire team like foran does and he is not that guy!

At the rorters keary has a wealth of experience around him plus the games best player..
Jmoz
Bmoz
Cordner
Friend
Tedesco
Takiaho
Tupou
Jwh
Aubusson
Cronk two years Previous

If he went to the dogs he would become the goto guy and the guy who would have to lead that young team around. Not just on the park but off the park as well..
He would become the most experienced player along with tolman....
With a spine of.

Hoppa
Cogger or lewis
Keary
Marshall king

To me they would still be last.. maybe 2nd last. Foran is doing a great job but he cant do it on his own.. no one can! Keary would have to carry the entire team like foran does and he is not that guy!
Id still call that an impact but

Canterbury have signed Blake Green to a one-year deal and will honour the contract despite the veteran rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament for Newcastle last Sunday.

Green is Trent Barrett’s first signing in a homecoming of some sorts for the 33-year-old, who played 18 games for the Bulldogs in 2010.

The Bulldogs moved on Green prior to his injury when it became apparent Kieran Foran would no longer be at the club at season’s end.

Now the pivotal signing has quickly soured following Green’s long-term injury. The two parties have agreed to a one-year deal and both intend on honouring it.

The injury will sideline Green for between six to nine months which basically rules him out of the entire pre-season at Belmore. The best-case scenario is that Green is fit in time for round one but that would fall within the seven month mark.

Barrett and Green are familiar with each other after Green spent one season under the new Bulldogs coach at Manly in 2017 before Green wanted out to secure a rich long-term deal at the Warriors.

Green only featured in three games for the Knights after making a mid-season switch to join a record-equalling seventh club. As he has already played for the Bulldogs, the amount of clubs he has played for would remain at seven.

The Bulldogs see him as a key signing given the lack of experience heading into next year. He will partner either Lachlan Lewis or Brandon Wakeham in the halves after Foran rejected the club’s offer of a one year deal.

Green was to have faced his former club the Warriors on Saturday.

Canberra outside back Nick Cotric has been the major purchase for the Bulldogs heading into next year having added England prop Luke Thompson mid-season and re-signed the likes of Adam Elliott, Will Hopoate and Josh Jackson.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11