The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeaEaglez

Reserve Grader
A mistake IMO. It cannot be a long term solution because of his age and his history of injuries. It could also frustrate young up comers just seeing it as another road block to selection. To me it is just another attempt at a short term quick fix. We need to build for the future. We need someone like young Schuster to step up.
Ha ha, yeah right! What would he possibly achieve with our backs excluding Tom?
Yes it is a short term fix, that’s the idea ;)
He will be there to direct the playEra in attack aNd defence. Lord knows Cherry is not capable on his own.
Nah, let’s stick a talented rookie in there and watch him have the confidence knocked out of him without the support he needs around him.
I’ll back Des against the wannabe coaches on ST lol

SeaEaglez

Reserve Grader
I reckon if we continue to run Turbo from fullback we're in for more of the same, it's always on kick returns that he does his hammy and there's no guarantee things will be any different when he rejoins the fold, I'd rather give someone like young hoppa a go at the back and run Turbo either from centre or wing, I think we'd get a lot more value out of him and he would still cause carnage from the three quarter line
Maybe that’s a long term plan already!
6 bad games and Manly are useless, Des can’t coach AND nobody has a clue in the club what they are doing!!!
Good place to get a bad loss of your chest here, but wow, the negativity is depressing.
I think you are right, Tom at centre would be great. But Cherry is not the answer to build the plays and make the legendary making executions.
DCE plays half and stays out of our playmakers way, when we find one.
Hopefully it’s Foran

KNUCKLES

Bencher
I reckon if we continue to run Turbo from fullback we're in for more of the same, it's always on kick returns that he does his hammy and there's no guarantee things will be any different when he rejoins the fold, I'd rather give someone like young hoppa a go at the back and run Turbo either from centre or wing, I think we'd get a lot more value out of him and he would still cause carnage from the three quarter line
He can play the role he did with NSW.. good thinking Ronny boy.. i like it

KNUCKLES

Bencher
Footballers who run to the line with ticker and can read opposition defensive breakdowns don’t need to be fast on their feet, they need to be fast between the ears!
100 percent.. couldnt of said it better. Thurston was slow af but will be an immortal. But we do need speed on the edges

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Foran seriously. No no no no no no. That's a backwards move. We already carry enough injury crocks. How about giving raw talent a f***ing chance for starters. We do have a good pathways system then we want to clogg it all up with has beens and plodders.
I like Foran, I really do, and wouldn't mind seeing him back in a Manly jersey. But Mick is right: it'd be a backwards move. We have to look to the future, and sooner rather than later.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Serious question

What would a player have to do for you not want them at the club?

Because I see that Fainu liked a post about Des saying Hoppa wasn't the answer and some want him gone. I see Suli smokes a shisha and some want him gone, I see some want Hoppa gone cause he dad is a pest.

Yet Foran actively and in a calculated manner tried to damage Manly by stringing us along, costing us DCE at a lower rate when he had already agreed to move to Parra. He then also looked to sue the club before we even mention his relationship with Eddie Hayson and rumours (unsubstantiated of course) of throwing matches........and we desperately want him back?

A player who averages 12.8 games a season since he left Manly for a 34% win rate in that time.

I understand he has strung half a dozen good games together and understand we have struggled in the same period........so it is easy to see the allure.

But I just cant get behind it!

From a footballing point of view, IMO, it is a flip of a coin in terms of whether it would be a success and therefore not worth the cost of the clubs dignity.

If it happens, I'll support the team and try to get behind him.......but personally I hope it doesn't happen

S

Shnorky

Serious question

Because I see that Fainu liked a post about Des saying Hoppa wasn't the answer and some want him gone. I see Suli smokes a shisha and some want him gone, I see some want Hoppa gone cause he dad is a pest.

Yet Foran actively and in a calculated manner tried to damage Manly by stringing us along, costing us DCE at a lower rate when he had already agreed to move to Parra. He then also looked to sue the club before we even mention his relationship with Eddie Hayson and rumours (unsubstantiated of course) of throwing matches........and we desperately want him back?

A player who averages 12.8 games a season since he left Manly for a 34% win rate in that time.

I understand he has strung half a dozen good games together and understand we have struggled in the same period........so it is easy to see the allure.

From a footballing point of view, IMO, it is a flip of a coin in terms of whether it would be a success and therefore not worth the cost of the clubs dignity.

If it happens, I'll support the team and try to get behind him.......but personally I hope it doesn't happen
I think its called desperation, any signing news is good news

I thought the same problem is we'd have to pay a center 1 million a year or whatever he is on.... ouch! Its a shame because turbo is the games best player imho. He was killing it this year.... ****s me that nothing happened just returning the ball... arrrrgh. Can we buy him new hammies? Haha

Serious question

Is this all fact or just what you heard or think happened? Im sure foran wanted to stay but was on the fence. I doubt he strung us along to hurt the club but im just guessing. If your not can you provide a link or some evidence. Thanks

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Serious question

I would also worry that he might be mentally scared from the goings on of the time.
He has moved on from it in his life but coming back may bring it to the surface and if has just moved on and not dealt with it (divorce, his brother, being hated by fans at Manly and Parra etc, etc) and it did whack him id hate to see another overdose.

Footy aside mental health is the most important.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Is this all fact or just what you heard or think happened? Im sure foran wanted to stay but was on the fence. I doubt he strung us along to hurt the club but im just guessing. If your not can you provide a link or some evidence. Thanks

Threatening to sue the club

Murky Hayson dealings

As for the contract dealings, you may not have been around Silvertails for #cafegate

Threatening to sue the club

Murky Hayson dealings

As for the contract dealings, you may not have been around Silvertails for #cafegate
If thats all you have im sorry but that is nothing.. he was owed money so he wanted what he was owed. We would all do the same if we left an employer and they owed us money.

The 2nd article is also nothing... alleged fixing of the game which they didn't do.

Also this has nothing to do with the original post. I asked if foran strung the club along etc not after he left he sued the club. I think he loved manly but was on the fence, twatmough in his ear. Des gone... the slimy dalai in his other ear.

To me des left in way worse circumstances and i was calling for his return for years.. foran and des are Manly men and i believe with foran for such a cheap price he will absolutely be an asset for the club... can anyone disagree?

I hope Foz comes back and carves up and I'd love to see everyone on here eat humble pie. He is still one of the best halves in the game at a fraction of the price, we have won a premiership with that halves pairing. I honestly can't see how it's a bad move at that price
He’s old, he’s so slow, he’s riddled with injury, Who does he play for again .......and they are going worse than us!
if we are not going to get someone decent then we need to invest in our juniors ( ps foran is no longer decent ... did you see him get run around for the warriors tries in the first half)

If thats all you have im sorry but that is nothing.. he was owed money so he wanted what he was owed. We would all do the same if we left an employer and they owed us money.

The 2nd article is also nothing... alleged fixing of the game which they didn't do.

Also this has nothing to do with the original post. I asked if foran strung the club along etc not after he left he sued the club. I think he loved manly but was on the fence, twatmough in his ear. Des gone... the slimy dalai in his other ear.

To me des left in way worse circumstances and i was calling for his return for years.. foran and des are Manly men and i believe with foran for such a cheap price he will absolutely be an asset for the club... can anyone disagree?
If he’s that good why isn’t his current club and other clubs throwing money at him?

He reminds me of watmough when he left manly...he also played one or two years too many!

He’s old, he’s so slow, he’s riddled with injury, Who does he play for again .......and they are going worse than us!
if we are not going to get someone decent then we need to invest in our juniors ( ps foran is no longer decent ... did you see him get run around for the warriors tries in the first half)
I dont think you've watched him play many games.. run around by the Warriors hahaha yep that was a good game foz v warriors.. he is still one of the best players in the game go look at his stats. If we get him for 350k or 400k thats a steal.
Oh and did you see slow foran's try?? The guy has lots to offer and will push walker to center which is what we all want.
#Foran2021Eagle

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16