The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really have to feel sorry for him as well even though he really should have known better and shown some better life choices and particularly with some of the less then ideal influences he previously encountered . Pretty poor conduct when he played Manly along during that whole D C E - Foran retention saga but he was not the only one and taking into account Choc 's petty attitude at the time also . Such a good trier and competitor for Manly though in better times for him and the club and so unselfishly and willingly putting his body on the line regularly . Chronic injuries seems to have got the better of him in recent years of course but certainly hope that he is in a better place now also of course

I feel a bit sorry for him too - he was a rising star when he was here but it became obvious he was a lost soul after all of the events that unfolded (splitting with his partner, suicide attempt, gambling etc.)

It appears to me he is/was a naive & easily-influenced young bloke who unfortunately fell under the influence of Eddie Hayson & other unsavoury characters but was never one of them himself.

Yes he's made some bad decisions but I dont believe there was any malice in them, just naivety & being pressured by others with vested interests (Hayson, Watmough, Arthur).

I hope for his sake he can recover enough to play out his contract at the Dogs, just so he can get pleasure out of his sport again. I suspect that would go a long way towards easing his mental health issues.

Yes he is one, who has earnt enough $ to never have to use his broken body to make $ ever again, if he so chose.
Well said . The moral of lifes story ...
We all make our choices , that is we make our bed and then we lie on it .
dog-sleeping-bed-funny-animal-photos-13__605.jpg

This thread should be locked and the key thrown away.

Its like stalking your ex on social media in here lol

He is not a part of Manly any more. Good luck to the bloke in his life, but really, who gives a sh*t about his life and times enough to keep a years old thread going on him?
I think your right . Sometimes we ALL can carry on gossiping like a bunch of old woman on here lol

This thread should be locked and the key thrown away.

Its like stalking your ex on social media in here lol

He is not a part of Manly any more. Good luck to the bloke in his life, but really, who gives a sh*t about his life and times enough to keep a years old thread going on him?

Sometimes I think we have an over representation of Schadenfreude sufferers .....

Easy to forget in criticising his decision to take the bigger money on offer at Parra, that a few years before he had received the same temptation to follow Des to the Dogs. He had a close relationship with Des and obviously was tortured by what decision he had to make, but in the end he told Des he wanted to remain with the playing group at Manly and knocked back the bigger Dog offer. As I've always said football is a business and players have a short life span. For their future they have to get as much out of it as they can, especially if they have no other skills to fall back on. Foran made a business decision and if I was in his place I would probably make the same one despite my love for the maroon and white. Business is business.

Easy to forget in criticising his decision to take the bigger money on offer at Parra, that a few years before he had received the same temptation to follow Des to the Dogs. He had a close relationship with Des and obviously was tortured by what decision he had to make, but in the end he told Des he wanted to remain with the playing group at Manly and knocked back the bigger Dog offer. As I've always said football is a business and players have a short life span. For their future they have to get as much out of it as they can, especially if they have no other skills to fall back on. Foran made a business decision and if I was in his place I would probably make the same one despite my love for the maroon and white. Business is business.
Even the Incomparable Immortal understood this . Business is business and when he finished his business with Kerry Packer he came back to the nest and brought more success to his beloved Sea eagles

The day the Winner and Incomparable Immortal was given the wining trophy by none other then her Majesty

gettyimages-1079425046-612x612.jpg

It helps though. Better than being on the street and dirt poor.

I know what you mean & tend to agree but often mental health issues can arise from having too much.

They reckon people in poorer countries, with simpler lives, are less prone to mental health issues.

Look at what we've created for ourselves with today's society - anxiety, stress, deadlines, pressure, sleepless nights etc. & most ridiculous of all IMO, because of being so time-poor, many people actually pay money to go to gyms to exercise when, all those years ago when we were hunter/gatherers, spending our days hunting for food for our families not only provided what was needed to survive but also exercised us enough to be able to sleep well at night.

Apparently the Broncos didn't see him as being their first grade coach, simple as that, I tend to agree with them.
One thing for certain though, is that he doesn't need his wife to come out and fight his battles for him, not a good look.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4