The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He hasn't strung two good games together in five years.
It's a no.
You make a good point there . From what I have seen he is physically not capable of playing at his best any more . He seems to have chronic injuries . Definitely not the player he was when he was at his peak with us .He turns 29 next season and 29 years of age might not sound that old , it is old when you have chronic injuries .

Danny the Worm has Dessie on the hunt to lure Fizzer back to Brookie. God spare us !!!

Hasler turns attention to luring Foran back to Sea Eagles
Danny Weidler27 October 2018 — 10:30pm

Des Hasler wasn’t completely disconnected from rugby league during his year out of the game – he has been working closely with one of his favourite players and people, Kieran Foran.

One of the toughest things for Hasler to swallow when he was sacked by the Bulldogs was that he didn’t get to work with Foran any more. Hasler worked hard to bring him to Canterbury.
Those who know Hasler well say he has made Foran’s football career a project, but obviously that has to stop now that he is Manly coach – unless he can bring him to the Sea Eagles. And that’s something Hasler’s confidantes say he wants to make happen.

Hasler and the Sea Eagles will publicly deny the prospect of luring Foran back to the northern beaches. Privately, it’s a different story.

The issue is Manly’s ugly salary cap situation.

But the Dogs are also in a bind and made subtle efforts to offload Foran last year after an injury-plagued season.

There was constant chatter that the Bulldogs wanted to retire Foran on medical grounds and work out a payment based on a pre-existing injury. That didn’t wash with anyone. Foran is taking up about $1 million of the Bulldogs cap next season and Canterbury would surely pay a whack of his wage to move him on. But Manly will need to make space to make it happen.

That space won’t involve Marty Taupau leaving Manly. Hasler is keen to keep the 28-year-old forward.

The Foran move would be a tough one to negotiate but, as this week proved, anything is possible in rugby league. And at the very worst, there is intent from Hasler to make it happen.

Foran went from poster boy to rehabilitation in the blink of an eye. He left the mother of his two children and has now remarried. There were some serious concerns about his off-field behaviour, but Hasler has told Manly officials he has no doubts about the way Foran is living his life.

One of the reasons Manly were keen to sign Hasler is players want to play for him. Foran fits into that category. Foran is also great mates with Daly Cherry-Evans. DCE has publicly stood by Foran through some of his toughest days.

At the right price why not give him a go.
Although I can’t see him ever playing within 50% of how he played when he played for us or playing more the half the games a season.

You make a good point there . From what I have seen he is physically not capable of playing at his best any more . He seems to have chronic injuries . Definitely not the player he was when he was at his peak with us .He turns 29 next season and 29 years of age might not sound that old , it is old when you have chronic injuries .

Last edited:
Sentiment i love to have him back here but i mean we possible give up walker or taupau no thanks. He was amazing from 09 to 14 but since he left us been horrible.
Des will do want des wants and guessing he try his best to make this happen. I don't think he get board backing on this one.

Don’t let em trick u Bozo - at s good price - heart on the line - bring the Champ back to Brookie....
I think he is busted mate . He is not the same player as he was when he left us . His manager would also want close to a million dollars a season for him .
What price would you want him at Manly ?

Sentiment i love to have him back here but i mean we possible give up walker or taupau no thanks. He was amazing from 09 to 14 but since he left us been horrible.
Des will do want des wants and guessing he try his best to make this happen. I don't think he get board backing on this one.
This might be just media talk and not Des talk .

This might be just media talk and not Des talk .
Not sure this article in both DT and league hq. Its hopefully paper talk elgey deserves a shot kids got potential. Foz wad awesome but life been a trainwreck since leaving here. The big one our roster becomes very lopsided to have quality 6 and 7. Its unwise imo with cap.

No thanks! He was great when he was at Manly however played them like a fiddle with contract negotiations & that's one of the reasons Manly signed DCE to such a large contract. Apart from that, his body is shot however appears to be in a much better head space which is great for him & his kids. Let the Doggies pay overs for him!

I’m good mates with his manager....not 100% on the deal but not against it
We will monitor how Foran plays with the dogs next season . Will Foz resurrect his career and join the second coming of Des ?
I dont think so but Life is full of surprises .

Danny the Worm has Dessie on the hunt to lure Fizzer back to Brookie. God spare us !!!

Hasler turns attention to luring Foran back to Sea Eagles
Danny Weidler27 October 2018 — 10:30pm

Des Hasler wasn’t completely disconnected from rugby league during his year out of the game – he has been working closely with one of his favourite players and people, Kieran Foran.

One of the toughest things for Hasler to swallow when he was sacked by the Bulldogs was that he didn’t get to work with Foran any more. Hasler worked hard to bring him to Canterbury.
Those who know Hasler well say he has made Foran’s football career a project, but obviously that has to stop now that he is Manly coach – unless he can bring him to the Sea Eagles. And that’s something Hasler’s confidantes say he wants to make happen.

Hasler and the Sea Eagles will publicly deny the prospect of luring Foran back to the northern beaches. Privately, it’s a different story.

The issue is Manly’s ugly salary cap situation.

But the Dogs are also in a bind and made subtle efforts to offload Foran last year after an injury-plagued season.

There was constant chatter that the Bulldogs wanted to retire Foran on medical grounds and work out a payment based on a pre-existing injury. That didn’t wash with anyone. Foran is taking up about $1 million of the Bulldogs cap next season and Canterbury would surely pay a whack of his wage to move him on. But Manly will need to make space to make it happen.

That space won’t involve Marty Taupau leaving Manly. Hasler is keen to keep the 28-year-old forward.

The Foran move would be a tough one to negotiate but, as this week proved, anything is possible in rugby league. And at the very worst, there is intent from Hasler to make it happen.

Foran went from poster boy to rehabilitation in the blink of an eye. He left the mother of his two children and has now remarried. There were some serious concerns about his off-field behaviour, but Hasler has told Manly officials he has no doubts about the way Foran is living his life.

One of the reasons Manly were keen to sign Hasler is players want to play for him. Foran fits into that category. Foran is also great mates with Daly Cherry-Evans. DCE has publicly stood by Foran through some of his toughest days.
Sounds like a lot of speculation to me.
'Foran great mates with DCE?' Since when? Does anyone know if DCE was at Foran's wedding?
I can remember in 2015 Foran pushing DCE out of the way on the field. Foran and his possy clearly ostracising DCE with their body language, it was very evident.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8