The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mal Cochrane

I'm not really Mal Cochrane...
when will someone ask Brad Arthur why he hid the truth from Foran, in that he knew there was an issue with his contract, but with Anderson and Sharpe decided to wait until after Rd13 loophole to raise it.

Because it seems that he doesn't have Foran's best interest at heart, only his own. Foran must surely be wondering why Arthur wasn't up front with him, this coach he trusts so much.

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
If Uncle Arthur was a decent bloke he'd just come over and pick young Kieran up. Understandably he's just worried about meeting his new best friends.
Linus.gif

tookey

First Grader
I just hope Foran is worried about tonights game.

This whole fkn season has been dogged by contract drama.

Just get it done, either way, and concentrate on playing good footy.
The whole saga started around August 2014 when certain players spat the dummy at manly not re-sigining gifty

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Manly Season ticket holders should then seek damages from Foran. We have had a full year of paying for him to negotiate:swear:

He decided last year that Dalai is the coach for him and rather than telling Manly straight away, his being such a man of honour, waited till our only other half had signed with another Club.:oops:

I can't believe that Manly are still talking about him as captain material. Foran seems to make an emotional decision, then ignores all rationale to defend that position @:eek:

Time for Foran to consider the Manly Fans and not be upset by what the Parra Fans may or may not be feeling!

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Manly Season ticket holders should then seek damages from Foran. We have had a full year of paying for him to negotiate:swear:

He decided last year that Dalai is the coach for him and rather than telling Manly straight away, his being such a man of honour, waited till our only other half had signed with another Club.:oops:

I can't believe that Manly are still talking about him as captain material. Foran seems to make an emotional decision, then ignores all rationale to defend that position @:eek:

Time for Foran to consider the Manly Fans and not be upset by what the Parra Fans may or may not be feeling!
I kinda wish the club was sayin things like that in the media to look good while in the background they only offered him a 3 year contract for like 400K per. Just something insulting. A "**** you" for choosing Parra.

bones

Bones Knows
The whole saga started around August 2014 when certain players spat the dummy at manly not re-sigining gifty
I agree it started last August......
When certain board members decided not to re-sign a club legend who was very popular amongst his team mates and who's little brother just happens to be the best player in the team. It wouldn't have taken too much intelligence to realise that Glenn should have been made an offer.

Last edited:

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
When certain board members decided not to re-sign a club legend who was very popular amongst his team mates and who's little brother just happens to be the best player in the team. It wouldn't have taken too much intelligence to realise that Glenn shod have been made an offer.
He was made an offer. It was deemed ****. Unfortunately for him he's probably played up to it since.

Edit: did they make a **** offer or just say all they could offer would be kinda low balling him and unregisterable so they didn't bother? Same effect though.

southsideeagle

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
For amusement I have visited the 1eyed eels forum site and read a lot of the posts. I'm nearly scared to say this but I feel sorry for them. In the same way as I'm angry with the S*** we are put through. It has all come about by administration people doing stuff for their own glory. They drag players and managers into it their "game" through the lure of money (it works for 95% of people).

I hope Foran does go to Parra. OK they are paying too much for suspect (injury wise) player but he is a good fit. They are a team that has a great reservoir of junior talent that is just not being utilised. I think he can help with on field stuff in developing this talent.

He has burnt some bridges with us and I still have a bad taste. Maybe we should just part company now.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
He damaged his reputation when he put pen to paper with that shambles of a club.
He is doing even more damage to our club by choosing a club who are a disaster and cant get their act together. Manly have grounds to sue the worms over this farce as he is a contracted Manly player and under duress because of their incompetence! If you goes there now, he is with out a doubt a TOTAL MUG!

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
You know what gets me is the whole man of honor, old school crap that is peddled by the media

Lets put aside the whole when he signed v did not, if he was a disruptive influence on last season and how much effort he may or may not have been putting in

A man of honor would recognize that there was a club who gave him a chance, has put a substantial effort into his development over a number of years...a man of honor would stay at a club that has literally given him his livelihood over a number of years...kinda like what Beaver did

I wonder why the media never ask the question why a player who is so "old school" would up and leave the club that gave him everything

simon_eagle

Reserve Grader
When certain board members decided not to re-sign a club legend who was very popular amongst his team mates and who's little brother just happens to be the best player in the team. It wouldn't have taken too much intelligence to realise that Glenn should have been made an offer.

Not just that Bones, but the board were warned numerous times, prior to making their final decision --- by Foran and Matai and perhaps others --- that if Gifty wasn't re-signed, there would be serious implications within the team. It seems the Club did not listen then and have been paying for it ever since.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
He is one of the halves for the current world champion country.
He has won many many games for us.
Tooves wants him.
Bozo wants him.
His teammates want him.
I'm sorry, but I want him to stay too.

Lil_wayne

Reserve Grader
Not just that Bones, but the board were warned numerous times, prior to making their final decision --- by Foran and Matai and perhaps others --- that if Gifty wasn't re-signed, there would be serious implications within the team. It seems the Club did not listen then and have been paying for it ever since.

That's why Matai should have been shown the door also **** the players telling the club what players they should or should not sign.

I too like to visit the eels forum when I get a bit down and need a laugh.
Their ability to self destruct amazes me; as does their complete lack of grammar and spelling.

Foran deserves the Eels, he is not Manly anymore. He threw himself at the altar of the Dalai Arfur, and now deserves nothing less than to pay his 4 year penance.

Leave Foran. We don't want you here anymore.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18