The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
RE: Foran - Will he ? Won't he ?

ManlyBacker said:
Anyway, this is nothing compared to the amount of time we waited for Ox to re-sign. The same blather happened on here before DCE finally put pen to paper.

The same blather will occur after Foran decides his future as we will then move onto speculation about T-Rex, Ballin and Matai. Also I'm still waiting for Brett Stewart to sign with Dragons, Roosters or us. We will go through it all again when Killer and Gift come off contract.

ERNIE FOR NO7

Reserve Grader

You would think If Hasler hasnt been able to convince Kieran to move to the Dogs by now, he isnt going to be able to.

Maybe he does already know what he is doing. It is hard to believe he hasnt made up his mind by now one way or the other. But iIf he is still ambivalent you would think he will stay.

MrInvisible

Reserve Grader

People forget that each year after a team wins a premiership, they struggle to retain players. Players demand more money after reaching the grand final and winning it. What's left to do? Win it again? It's football.

Of course the other thing to remember, bigger money from a contract = bigger percentage cut for player manager.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member

With all these player movements and speculation it takes away the enjoyment of watching rugby league. The NRL and the IC have to bring in a system where there is a window for players to negotiate or bring in the draft, anything that stops this crap ruining another season and I'm not just talking about Manly players.

Gone are the days where we are usually discussing last weeks match or the upcoming match. It's all about contracts and I for one has lost a lot of interest in the game. It doesn't seem right barracking for a team when a number of players have signed elsewhere for the following season.

Maybe they should bring in a rule where rivals and their current club can only negotiate contracts when the players contact has for example 3 months before it expires. I don't know what the answer is but the enjoyment is fast deteriorating in my opinion.

RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

quinny said:
Hasler and Foran having breakfast together one week out from re-match....If true FOF

Just piss this prick off to NSW Cup

Rule no. 1 at Manly.....Never grovel for a player, a better one is ready to take your spot. Tried and True. Stands the test of time.

I cant f@$%ing believe the last 6 months.....
I agree quinny,bring up his brother or riccardi or even make a play for reynolds from the dogs,he has potential,let foran get booed for the rest of the year if he signs with the scumdogs

Ceagle

Bencher

MrInvisible said:
People forget that each year after a team wins a premiership, they struggle to retain players. Players demand more money after reaching the grand final and winning it. What's left to do? Win it again? It's football.

Of course the other thing to remember, bigger money from a contract = bigger percentage cut for player manager.

It seems a lot of Dog fans are laughing at the expense of this even though you guys went through and will go through it again if you win a premiership under Hasler.

The Eagle

First Grader

Ceagle said:
MrInvisible said:

It seems a lot of Dog fans are laughing at the expense of this even though you guys went through and will go through it again if you win a premiership under Hasler.

They dont have the cattle to come close to a premiership

When they hire a fullback that can catch and a decent halfback (Foran is not a halfback) then maybe they might have a chance

GOODWIN SELECTED LOLZ

tookey

First Grader

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
You would think If Hasler hasnt been able to convince Kieran to move to the Dogs by now, he isnt going to be able to.

Maybe he does already know what he is doing. It is hard to believe he hasnt made up his mind by now one way or the other. But iIf he is still ambivalent you would think he will stay.

Maybe Foran has already signed with the dogs and is just delaying the announcement because he knows the **** he will cop from the Manly fans. If he was staying then surely he would have signed by now as the club expected him to sign last week.

He has probably been offered a bag of cash to go with his official contract

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member

The Eagle said:
Ceagle said:
MrInvisible said:

They dont have the cattle to come close to a premiership

When they hire a fullback that can catch and a decent halfback (Foran is not a halfback) then maybe they might have a chance

GOODWIN SELECTED LOLZ

This is so true, the Dogs don't have the team, even with Foran to get anywhere near a premiership, not with players like Goodwin and Wright on their team. The only decent players they have are Prichard, Kasiano and James Graham. Barba is nothing but a good support player with speed.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

MWSE still haven't announced orfords signing

G-land Express

Reserve Grader

swoop said:
With all these player movements and speculation it takes away the enjoyment of watching rugby league. The NRL and the IC have to bring in a system where there is a window for players to negotiate or bring in the draft, anything that stops this crap ruining another season and I'm not just talking about Manly players.

Gone are the days where we are usually discussing last weeks match or the upcoming match. It's all about contracts and I for one has lost a lot of interest in the game. It doesn't seem right barracking for a team when a number of players have signed elsewhere for the following season.

Maybe they should bring in a rule where rivals and their current club can only negotiate contracts when the players contact has for example 3 months before it expires. I don't know what the answer is but the enjoyment is fast deteriorating in my opinion.

Totally agree with everything you said there.

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member

Kiwi Eagle said:
If Barba played for us you blokes would love him !!!

He has great speed but he is not a complete fullback, not even close to being in the same class as Snake or Slater. If he learns to catch bombs, organize defense, and ball play then he would be great.

silvertail

Reserve Grader

Settle pestles!

I don't have any inside information, but it's not too hard to work out.

The money offer is the same so he will stay. The announcement, I suspect will be made one or two days before we play the Dogs.

Chil out.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan

torana355 said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

He has great speed but he is not a complete fullback, not even close to being in the same class as Snake or Slater. If he learns to catch bombs, organize defense, and ball play then he would be great.

same with Slater if he played with Manly we would all cheer him when he scored tries

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member

Slater and Stewart weren't the players they are now at that point of their career

I would never cheer Slater

Berkeley_Eagle said:
torana355 said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

same with Slater if he played with Manly we would all cheer him when he scored tries

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member

Kiwi Eagle said:
He is in year 2 of being a fullback though remember

I agree but the whole point was the Dogs don't have the players to win a premiership next year if they get Foran. Until i see Barba improve (which he probably will) i can't class him as a great fullback just yet.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan

A MEXICAN stand-off of enormous proportions involving influential superstars Kieran Foran and Brett Stewart will have serious ramifications on the immediate and long-term future of the Manly Sea Eagles.

The management of both players are playing hardball with a club desperate to sign them.

This season the club has signed only one player of significance - young Test player and halfback Daly Cherry-Evans.

The rest remain unsigned after a topsy-turvy first seven weeks of the club’s premiership defence, which started with brilliant wins in rounds one and two followed by four defeats in five games - including against bottom-placed Parramatta and Gold Coast.

Injuries and suspensions have rocked the club but so, too, has the growing uncertainty surrounding a host of players ... but particularly Foran and Stewart.

They are integral to the club’s brother-like bond among the players. On the field and off they are a major influence because of their courage as players and easy-going but firm nature off it.

If they go, others will follow and the steel-like chain built up over the past seven seasons will be broken.

Head coach Geoff Toovey and his football manager Steve Gigg are aware of the situation and are doing everything possible to re-sign both players. But they are having growing concerns with each passing week

STRONG BONDS

THE playing group remains as tight as ever.

I watched a few of them during a break in training on a wet Wednesday this week. They filed into Driftwood at Narrabeen for a coffee and a laugh - Foran and Brett Stewart with Steve Matai, Jamie Lyon and Glenn Stewart.

They spoke about golf, the horrible weather, training, injuries and even the coming game against the Bulldogs and former coach Des Hasler.

No mention was made of contract talks despite three of the players being in heavy negotiations at the moment.

But it is obvious that no-one wants to be the first to leave.

They have gone through too much together in recent seasons and have enjoyed a special time together in the toughest of body-contact sports.

If Manly manage to sign Foran and Stewart, they will then have to intensify contract talks with their much sought-after teammates, namely Tony Williams, Matai and Matt Ballin.

Williams and Matai would have played in last night’s Test match in Auckland if they weren’t suspended (Williams) or injured (Matai). They are players worth more than $300,000 a season and are waiting to see what Foran and Stewart do before they decide their future.

Sometime soon I fear it may come down - sadly - to every man for himself.
http://origin.manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/zorba/

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member

How can that be, Rambofan (who knows everything...) says Snake is already a Rooster and has been for 3 weeks without announcing it .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18