The Joel Thompson Thread (Any Off-topic discussion will be deleted)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fantastic signing and a bonus we may use him in centres when dylan out.
He help and hopefully push along likes of jack G, lane, siro. This would push frank to bench and maybe lewis brown to nsw cup.

Brad Parker should be first choice I reckon mate. Then probably Brown.

I just salivate at the thought of:
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

All representative quality backrows and locks. Sexy

With a full strength squad next season , there is probably going to be almost as much interest on the make up or composition of Manly's bench as in the actual run on side . At least a mandatory two props on the bench then all of the variables and again depending who is not included in the run on side , maybe Hastings . Parker ,Brown , all of the other recognized back rowers , Tanga , Fainu . At least also a good indication of some solid depth in the club now .

Brad Parker should be first choice I reckon mate. Then probably Brown.

I just salivate at the thought of:
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

All representative quality backrows and locks. Sexy
Yeah agree i say on parker. A good backrow now. Interesting this morning final press video with baz seemed confident croker 6 as of now.

Yeah agree i say on parker. A good backrow now. Interesting this morning final press video with baz seemed confident croker 6 as of now.
Yeah, noticed that mate. It was almost as though Hastings comment was in there as an after thought. Interesting.

Joel Thompson is reported to be 29 and has three daughters, one of which is about to enter year 11, which makes her around 16.

Props are hard to tell, i thought Perret played ok and will get better.

As stated also have Sipley and Tent who both have are highly rated as juniors coming through. Gamble is there but only need a 1/3 return to come up winners.

Perret did make Mals young origin squad (about 10 players) so there must be something he likes.
Plus he damaged his eye socket and was ouy for a few.. he could have a big year.. guy just got married so hes happy. He has good potential his offloads were quite good though he needs to pick his times better and not always go for it

Plus he damaged his eye socket and was ouy for a few.. he could have a big year.. guy just got married so hes happy. He has good potential his offloads were quite good though he needs to pick his times better and not always go for it

Yeah, has skills but needs more experience to work out when best to use them. just turned 23 so still young for a prop and 39 games so starting to get there but the rule of thumb is 50 to settle in to NRL.

Having sufficient cover for D C E if he is unavailable for any games next season would also probably be playing in Baz 's thinking . Great if D C E can again play every game next year but also maybe a bit optimistic for consecutive years . Hastings should be adequate but may still be the No . one 5/8 selected , although of course Croker could still very likely be the man for 5/ 8' . Really am not actually aware of Carney's recent form level and only assumed that he is still perhaps up to some reasonable N R L level based on reports that Tim Sheens still rated him . Maybe would have only been a one year proposition at Manly in any case and admittedly at this stage the hope with Hastings and Croker is mainly based on potential and expectation but both seem to be making good progress . So i guess at this stage , it is what it is . Filling the remaining 30 man i st grade squad spot with a low cost and at least reasonably experienced half who can offer something is probably again at present still on Baz "s mind .

Thanks for your kind words. I have certainly had my fill of good Christmas spirit today. Gentleman Jack it's called.

Surprisingly....I've been tasked with doing all the washing up (actually not surprisingly...I always do it) but by drinking...everything is slowly disappearing so..... go with what ya know!

I'm also looking forward to Joel's arrival and I hope he really wants to tear in. I was worried with "I leave it to my manager and I love it here at St choke...etc" But that could have been just comments to quell the great unwashed.

Speaking of unwashed....damn dishes!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Merry Christmas Sea Eagles... hey @globaleagle. Woke up yesterday with a bottle of Woodford Reserve under the tree...Good to hear that the Whiskey is flowing. Very pleased about Thompson.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6