The Joel Thompson Thread (Any Off-topic discussion will be deleted)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well better late than never. #nextweek. Should give us a bit more punch on the edge with any luck.

Who drops out of the 17 then ?? I assume Joel will play left edge so Frankenstein will miss out on run on side for sure. Does he drop out altogether or do we lose Brown and take the risk on no back up dummy half.
He could goto bench but i have a feeling jack joewski watever will take that spot.. hes gonna be good i reckon

I'd say we are still looking for Carney or Hodko. Something like:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Todd Carney
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Frank Winterstein

Smells like top 4 to me.
Agree if we lock down Carney the alarm bells will be ringing louder than the Glen innes town clock.

Well better late than never. #nextweek. Should give us a bit more punch on the edge with any luck.

Who drops out of the 17 then ?? I assume Joel will play left edge so Frankenstein will miss out on run on side for sure. Does he drop out altogether or do we lose Brown and take the risk on no back up dummy half.
If Hastings doesn't get the 6 he'll be our backup dummy half I reckon

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are pleased to announce the signing of Joel Thompson on a two-year deal.

A quality player with a tremendous work rate, Thompson has played 174 games in the NRL for the Canberra Raiders and St George Illawarra Dragons, featuring at both back-row and centre.

Whoop Whoop!!!! Seems we're not on Santa's naughty list after all.

Back up dummy half will be Hastings or croker with sironen to 6

Our backs are as good as any in the NRL, and now our forward pack has extra punch to it.

And yet some people are still predicting we're going to miss the finals. I think we're a definite top 4 chance, but of course it also depends on whoever plays 5/8 and how they go.

Excellent news. Excellent signing for us.

The negative naysayers shown up by Baz and his team yet again.
Seems to be a most regular occurrence these days.

Now I know how George Foreman felt when he got hit by Ali in 74.

I didn't see that coming.

Great signing. Welcome Joel.

Good signing, and great news! ... more than anything it is his aggression that will make the biggest difference, it is infectious and Something our pack has been short of.

2nd row depth is no longer an issue ....

Thompson, Siro, Winterstein, Kelepi, "JetSki", Lane, Brown .....

PSS. Don't say goodbye to Frankie yet .... he may just have a big year.

Great news!
Almost as good news is that it being ratified by the NRL feels like there is a lot going on behind the scenes with the cap witch hunt pointing to a Manly position of some strength. This feels like a sign the NRL is going to let us off lightly.

Now for Carney and we're top 4.

I'd say we are still looking for Carney or Hodko. Something like:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Todd Carney
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Frank Winterstein

Smells like top 4 to me.
Not with Brown in there. If he's not gunna play Hastings he should just f@ck him off.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8