The Joel Thompson Thread (Any Off-topic discussion will be deleted)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When you look at who we signed and re-signed, as against who we didn't re-sign, I think we have done pretty well.
By the sound of it the club is very happy with how Lachlan Croker is going in pre-season work and hopefully he and Hastings are having a real go at wanting the 5/8 spot and will push each other for it.
We have quite a few players who will be playing for contract re-signs in 2019 and hopefully the likes of Sean Lane, Kelepi and Jack G all play big seasons to show their worth.
We have a lot of young players with good potential I hope they all grasp their chances.

I'm not pessimistic at all about next season, remember we are rebuilding

2018 Gains:
Lachlan Croker (Canberra Raiders, 2018), Jack Gosiewski (South Sydney Rabbitohs, 2018), Toafofoa Sipley (New Zealand Warriors, 2019), Kelepi Tanginoa (Parramatta Eels, 2018)
2018 Losses: Blake Green (New Zealand Warriors), Brenton Lawrence (Gold Coast Titans), Jesse Martin (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Steve Matai (retired), Nate Myles (retired), Brett Stewart (retired)
Re-Signed: Manase Fainu (2019), Addin Fonua-Blake (2020), Brad Parker (2019), Jorge Taufua(2019), Frank Winterstein (2019)
Off Contract 2018: Lewis Brown, Lachlan Croker, Cameron Cullen, Jack Gosiewski, Jackson Hastings, Brian Kelly, Apisai Koroisau, Shaun Lane, Darcy Lussick, Curtis Sironen, Kelepi Tanginoa, Akuila Uate, Jonathan Wright

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are pleased to announce the signing of Joel Thompson on a two-year deal.

A quality player with a tremendous work rate, Thompson has played 174 games in the NRL for the Canberra Raiders and St George Illawarra Dragons, featuring at both back-row and centre.

Thompson signs on with Sea Eagles
Author
seaeagles.com.au
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are pleased to announce the signing of Joel Thompson on a two-year deal.

A quality player with a tremendous work rate, Thompson has played 174 games in the NRL for the Canberra Raiders and St George Illawarra Dragons, featuring at both back-row and centre.

Head Coach Trent Barrett welcomed Thompson to the Club.

“Joel is a player I have admired for a long time. I coached him in the Country team a couple ofyears ago,’’ Barrett said.

“Not only is Joel a terrific bloke and a terrific leader but he is extremely competitive and very tough. He is a professional.

“Joel has played plenty of first grade and his experience is something I thought our squad needed. Not only will the team benefit from it but also a lot of our young individuals will benefit too from having someone like Joel around.”

Sea Eagles CEO Lyall Gorman said Thompson brings a lot to the Club both on and off the field.

“Joel brings a strong passion and commitment through not just his on-field performances but also his off-field contribution in the community,” said Gorman.

“His dedication to adding value across the community is an area to which our Club is genuinely committed and one for which Joel was recently recognised through being the well served recipient of the NRL Ken Stephens Medal for Community Service.”

Joel Thompson

DOB: 24/8/1988, Ivanhoe, NSW

Junior Club: Forbes Magpies

Position: Centre/Second Row

Height: 190cm, Weight: 103kg

Rep Honours: Indigenous All-Stars (2010-13, ’16), Country Origin (2011, ’15)

Previous Clubs: Canberra (2008-13), St George-Illawarra (2014-17)

NRL Debut: Canberra vs Canterbury-Bankstown, Canberra Stadium, 07/09/2008 (Rd 26)

NRL Games: 174

2017: 23 games

Brilliant pickup

8.Lussick
9.Api
10.Marty
11.Sirro
12.Thompson
13.Jake

14.Winterstein
15.AFB
16.Perrett
17.Brown/Gowie

Well well #nextweek did come after all.

I’d now suggest that we aren’t chasing a 5/8 and TBaz will run with Croker / Jacko fighting it out.

I’m happy with that, and a good first grade edge forward is exactly what we needed.

Completely agree mate. If Hastings or Croker (more likely) can make a fist of the 5/8th position, our squad is looking strong.

Great signing.
Trent 'poker face' Barrett gave nothing away on the bsb this morning.
Love Thompson's work on and off the field.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8