The Joel Thompson Thread (Any Off-topic discussion will be deleted)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is from The Lurker...

Another player who was set to be on the move - Dragons back-rower Joel Thompson - will be staying with the Big Red V after all.

Good one Lurker!

Yes but we knocked him back so if we went back now we’d get a “ **** off” big time from him.

Good one Lurker V2.0!

(lol, just kidding Mark) :)

A good signing! Welcome Joel!

Well better late than never. #nextweek. Should give us a bit more punch on the edge with any luck.

Who drops out of the 17 then ?? I assume Joel will play left edge so Frankenstein will miss out on run on side for sure. Does he drop out altogether or do we lose Brown and take the risk on no back up dummy half.

So this is where the clubs at,a player that,whilst solid,hasn’t really rised to great heights and turns 30 next year.Roosters sign Cronk,Tedesco for ‘18 and Crichton for ‘19,Manly sign Thompson,Croker and ?????

I'd say we are still looking for Carney or Hodko. Something like:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Todd Carney
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Frank Winterstein

Smells like top 4 to me.

So this is where the clubs at,a player that,whilst solid,hasn’t really rised to great heights and turns 30 next year.Roosters sign Cronk,Tedesco for ‘18 and Crichton for ‘19,Manly sign Thompson,Croker and ?????

Roosters lose Pearce, Guerra, SKD, Watson, Carter

Manly lose Green and Lawrence

I'm mean don't get me wrong, something fishing is going on at the Roosters but show the full story

Really??

It is no secret that we don't have the TPA reach of the Roosters and Broncos to sign internationals on a whim, I don't see how that reflects badly on us.
Worth remembering that we bought a lot of stars in 1980-85 and had nothing to show for it.

We finished 6th this year against many predictions. I'm not going to write off 2018 based on a few low-key signings.

Thought that the team was well enough served with back rowers after the Gosiewski signing but with the general off season signing outcome quite sparse to date and with Thompson 's rip and tear playing style , should surely still be a major plus and upside . Not sure of the contract arrangements and if the Dragons are supplementing his salary but if his previous 600 k contract figure amount is accurate and just below a S O O player value level , he really would be expected to perform . After reading his stats , a bigger unit then i thought that he was and could be wrong but doubt that he has played as a centre for a while, . Interesting refection on the present salary cap situation for Manly and if the witch hunt circumstances may not be as serious or impacting as the N R L were first trying to imply . Can only hope that he goes really well for the next couple of seasons , probably Frank , Lane and Gowi fighting for a bench spot this approaching season and should lift the pack's intensity level .

Uncle Nick said they don't do TPA's either...
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha he's got a comedy career ahead of him!!!
ricky.gif

Roosters lose Pearce, Guerra, SKD, Watson, Carter

Manly lose Green and Lawrence

I'm mean don't get me wrong, something fishing is going on at the Roosters but show the full story

And I laugh at the Chooks fans line that they got rid of Pearce and Gordon to sign Cronk and Tedesco. All 4 were on their books at the same time before they even thought about letting Pearce and then Gordon were let go. And the fact is that their two million dollar signings are collectively costing them about $600,000 more per season. But nothing to see there is there NRL......

Now, as for Manly picking up Thompson.....I feel the one to miss out big time will be Shaun Lane. He was probably in line to at least be part of our bench in 2018 but I can now see that going to Winterstein with Thompson out on the left edge with Kelly and Jorge. At least Frank might still be in first grade regardless.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8