The Joel Thompson Thread (Any Off-topic discussion will be deleted)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Isn't the June 30 law obsolete now? I thought they got rid of it after the DCE debacle.
Clubs can sign till 30 June, but players now only have a 10 day cooling off period.
Used to be able to reneg till 30 June till a Manly player did it @:cool:

Also, the current Club of a player has to publically state that he is released on 10th day, only then can his new Club promote their signing :nod:

I was talking to a mate at work yesterday and he told me Thompson wont be joining manly . He definitely is staying at the dragons . How he knows , he is related to him .

This is from The Lurker...

Another player who was set to be on the move - Dragons back-rower Joel Thompson - will be staying with the Big Red V after all.

But those close to Thompson tell me he is far from happy.

The hard-working back-rower had a deal to move to Manly all ready to go before it all fell apart at the last minute.

Thompson is a whole-hearted player but doesn’t feel valued by Dragons management, who were happy to let him go.

He will continue to give 100 per cent for the club - but would have been far happier in maroon and white next year after coming so close to jumping ship.

This is from The Lurker...

Another player who was set to be on the move - Dragons back-rower Joel Thompson - will be staying with the Big Red V after all.

But those close to Thompson tell me he is far from happy.

The hard-working back-rower had a deal to move to Manly all ready to go before it all fell apart at the last minute.

Thompson is a whole-hearted player but doesn’t feel valued by Dragons management, who were happy to let him go.

He will continue to give 100 per cent for the club - but would have been far happier in maroon and white next year after coming so close to jumping ship.

Yes but we knocked him back so if we went back now we’d get a “ **** off” big time from him.

And can’t say I blame him one little bit!

Yes but we knocked him back so if we went back now we’d get a “ **** off” big time from him.

And can’t say I blame him one little bit!
If they gave him a couple years in the deal he’d be push for it for sure. I don’t think he’s sour on us at all. He understands we got our head turned but if they put something in the table for him he’d be all over it.

Did Thompson extend at St Merge or did he just decide to play out his contract next year ?? I would assume he might still be interested in a move if we went back there.

He'd be a good pick up, but unfortunately our priority needs to be another half now that we let Green go. So I think we need to keep our powder dry there in the hope something comes up.

Did Thompson extend at St Merge or did he just decide to play out his contract next year ?? I would assume he might still be interested in a move if we went back there.

He'd be a good pick up, but unfortunately our priority needs to be another half now that we let Green go. So I think we need to keep our powder dry there in the hope something comes up.

Considering we missed out on the $850 man perhaps we can afford a budget 5/8 to do the job AND Thompson???

OR

We grab Thompson and perhaps use Sirronen in the halves , thoughts ???

Siro at 5/8 ?

I don't think so Tim

Could be the best option - he played there in juniors, and let's be honest, we aren't gifted with a wealth of 1st grade quality talent in the 5/8 position. That being said, opening his spot in the backrow means one of our reserve graders in the backrow has to step up, or Lewis Brown gets a permanent starting spot in the backrow.

thompson would be an astute signing. I still believe we should sign carney for 200k and still be able to afford someone like thompson. I believe lussick should be let go to free up 400k as well. he needs a big season otherwise i cant see him being extended for the money he is earning

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6