The Joel Thompson Thread (Any Off-topic discussion will be deleted)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well this Thompson thread seems like it was just another click bait wind up .........

Like all the others Moylan, Thompson, Pearce, Klemmer, Hayne, Cronk, etc etc ...................................my mate knows a bloke who knows another bloke who was drinking in a bar where the bartender had overheard the night before that Manly were on the verge of signing ******* (insert name here)

Start a thread!!!!

Unless @Ryan hears it in a cafe I’m calling bull****!

Well this Thompson thread seems like it was just another click bait wind up .........

Like all the others Moylan, Thompson, Pearce, Klemmer, Hayne, Cronk, etc etc ...................................my mate knows a bloke who knows another bloke who was drinking in a bar where the bartender had overheard the night before that Manly were on the verge of signing ******* (insert name here)

Start a thread!!!!
I have never said once anywhere on the forum that we were getting Thompson, Pearce, Klemmer, Hayne or Cronk. Also, this thread was started because another member of the forum read something on social media and Joel Thompson himself didn't deny it, so it must have had some legs at one point.

The real geese are the people that think a signing is as simple as scribbling a figure down on an A4 sheet of paper and asking the player to sign it somewhere. So many players get close to signing and the deal is put to the manager and player. They generally have more than 1-2 clubs chasing, one is normally their current club and they weigh up the figures.

Generally, the media and sources get wind of it when the offer is on the table and spread the news that it "might" happen. When it doesn't happen, that doesn't mean that the source was dodgy or "click bait". It means that the player decided to go someone else or stay at their current club.

You only have to use the Green scenario as an example. Warriors fans think he is coming, but it could fall through if Manly don't find a replacement. Does that mean it was never happening or the source was a con? no.

**** happens. Had feeling thompson ****ed us about.
Oh well someone will come along, there some kids from 20s.
Cant bag snaker poster my feeling managers and mulipulating media with stories. Our club on the up

If anything is going to change it will be next month when players off contract in 2018 can officially tak to other teams

What is the latest goss on Thompson, obviously it's gone quiet but it's really quiet!

Not sure if it's been mentioned on ST but someone on Twitter 2 days ago says Thompson to Manly on a 2yr deal in reply to the Mole. Says a manly player told him but no names.
The mole says he tried to announce the same thing 2 months ago but got abused by Dragons fans.
Someone asked why it's been delayed and he says "it isn't over the line yet. A few complications. "

No idea how true it is but the Mole it's usually on the money...

With everything thats going on I’d be happy if this was it, our only signing!

But I’m still happy to be wowed!!

Not sure if it's been mentioned on ST but someone on Twitter 2 days ago says Thompson to Manly on a 2yr deal in reply to the Mole. Says a manly player told him but no names.
The mole says he tried to announce the same thing 2 months ago but got abused by Dragons fans.
Someone asked why it's been delayed and he says "it isn't over the line yet. A few complications. "

No idea how true it is but the Mole it's usually on the money...
It's to be expected, but the posters on this forum are often the only people nervous, impatient and stressing about these signings. The players, their managers and the clubs don't sit around looking at A4 spreadsheets all day, everyday, trying to get these things done ASAP to appease the fans.

Take Mitchell Pearce for example. He is on an overseas trip and will not entertain a move until he gets back and chats with his management.

Joel Thompson is probably just enjoying the first month or two of the off-season. Manly are in a precarious position with recruitment at the moment because Green may or may not go...Pearce may or may not come. Thompson's management will want to field offers from other clubs before committing to Manly.

Sometimes getting a Thompson-type deal done involves moving on another already contracted player and that involves finding them a suitor elsewhere...one such hypothetical could be Thompson comes but we have to shed Lussick to fit him in?! Not saying that is happening, but you get my point; it's more Tetris.

Another sticking point could be Thompson finding a home and a suitable school on the Northern Beaches that he and his family are happy with. Then there is money etc. Then there is negotiating how much of his contract will be paid by the Dragons and a stalemate ensues. If anyone has ever had to negotiate the sale of a property with a real estate agent will know just how much a game of cat and mouse it can be.

The point is, there are so many variables that hold these things up and then sometimes at the 11th hour they fall over because a guy like Mitchell Piss comes onto the market and all the eggs go in one basket.

It's to be expected, but the posters on this forum are often the only people nervous, impatient and stressing about these signings. The players, their managers and the clubs don't sit around looking at A4 spreadsheets all day, everyday, trying to get these things done ASAP to appease the fans.

Take Mitchell Pearce for example. He is on an overseas trip and will not entertain a move until he gets back and chats with his management.

Joel Thompson is probably just enjoying the first month or two of the off-season. Manly are in a precarious position with recruitment at the moment because Green may or may not go...Pearce may or may not come. Thompson's management will want to field offers from other clubs before committing to Manly.

Sometimes getting a Thompson-type deal done involves moving on another already contracted player and that involves finding them a suitor elsewhere...one such hypothetical could be Thompson comes but we have to shed Lussick to fit him in?! Not saying that is happening, but you get my point; it's more Tetris.

Another sticking point could be Thompson finding a home and a suitable school on the Northern Beaches that he and his family are happy with. Then there is money etc. Then there is negotiating how much of his contract will be paid by the Dragons and a stalemate ensues. If anyone has ever had to negotiate the sale of a property with a real estate agent will know just how much a game of cat and mouse it can be.

The point is, there are so many variables that hold these things up and then sometimes at the 11th hour they fall over because a guy like Mitchell Piss comes onto the market and all the eggs go in one basket.
Exactly. the pierce/green situation has probably thrown a spanner in the works

Nicely put. Hopefully Mark (FB) reads this and relaxes a bit more. lol

Maybe being o/s helps, but I'm always kind of: "Meh, when it/if it happens, it happens."

Party on Wayne
Party on Garth

If that pommie Wamsley ends up at Kogarah that would be the key to letting Thompson leave?

The mole said on Twitter yesterday that the Thompson deal may not go ahead now because Manly is chasing bigger fish...

Moley is just making it up it was him who started the ball rolling with Thompson and now it appears it won't happen he has to make up this "big" fish story.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8