The Joel Thompson Thread (Any Off-topic discussion will be deleted)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

KNUCKLES

Bencher
Dragons have Sims on good money sitting on the bench so can see how this could very easily happen. I think this could be a great buy. Runs good lines can break tackles and is a good defender.

Great work by the recruitment team if this does happen.
dont forget hunt on million dollars as well! vaughan extended too. for what i believe almost doubled his income

madmax

Bencher
PROPS:
TAUPAU, LUSSICK, AFB, PERRETT, TANGINOA, SIPLEY, PASEKA, AMONE

BACKROWERS / LOCKS:
SIRONEN, JAKE T, WINTERSTEIN, LANE, THOMPSON, BROWN, BAINBRIDGE, HOPOATE

Holmsey

Bencher
8 ?
9 Koroisau
10 Taupau
11 Thompson
12 Sironen
13 J Trbojevic

14 Brown
15 Perrett
16 Winterstein
17 Fonua-Blake

Thats a great forward pack, just mssing a starting prop.

Paw93

Reserve Grader
Lussick........I think he'll get back to his 2016 form next year. His last few games this year were pretty good!
He was outstanding against Penrith in R26. The fact that Marty didn't have to make a significant contribution in that win tells us that the pack stepped up. AFB Perrett and Lussick were great while Siro and Winterstein were dangerous on the edges. Have to say that big Frank really came into his own in the back end of the season. Like @Woodsie I tip him to have a big year in 2018 where he announces himself as a beast of a backrower.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
Re bodene and Joel, there is no room at manly for 2 p Thompsons at the same time. History shows.
Then we could bring Ray Thompson out of retirement and make it trio.
Opens up possibilities !!

brad

First Grader
8 ?
9 Koroisau
10 Taupau
11 Thompson
12 Sironen
13 J Trbojevic

14 Brown
15 Perrett
16 Winterstein
17 Fonua-Blake

Thats a great forward pack, just mssing a starting prop.
Id start with Fonua-Blake if he's had a big off season and bring up young Sipley.

D

Deleted member 26876

Id start with Fonua-Blake if he's had a big off season and bring up young Sipley.
Could be worth a shot although personally I feel he isn't ready to be a starter and I believe his impact off the bench is too valuable for us. Sipley may replace Lawrence's spot regardless of who starts, which is good as I reckon he'd be worth bringing up as you mentioned

PROPS:

BACKROWERS / LOCKS:

Lacking a Luke Bailey, Carl Webb, James Graham, Mark Omealy style tough compact solid front rower. Body shapes play a massive part in forward dominance now days. All the same size and shape muscle memory takes over and you just hit and get the job done repeatedly. Throw a smaller tougher(because he has grown up smaller) but still strong bloke in there you break up that monotony.

Jake has too many skills and footy smarts to fill that role.

Blowfly

Reserve Grader
PROPS:

BACKROWERS / LOCKS:

Lacking a Luke Bailey, Carl Webb, James Graham, Mark Omealy style tough compact solid front rower. Body shapes play a massive part in forward dominance now days. All the same size and shape muscle memory takes over and you just hit and get the job done repeatedly. Throw a smaller tougher(because he has grown up smaller) but still strong bloke in there you break up that monotony.

Jake has too many skills and footy smarts to fill that role.

Tanginoa was only contracted until end of this season. I think he showed enough to get at least 1 more year though.
Sipley, Paseka, Amone are all potential rather than certain first graders.
We all agree Brown is awful, Bainbridge is another potential but I'm not as optimistic about him as most & Hopoate doesn't seem like he's ever going to be cleared by the NRL.
Based on this we do need more experienced forwards & while I'm ok with Thompson coming I'm not as excited about him as some!
I'm sure Bozo has something up his sleeve though. (This is opinion more than secret knowledge)

D

Deleted member 26876

Hoppa cant play hooker, plus I doubt hes been cleared.
Hooker may not be needed, API may up his fitness over the off season. Hoppa could fill Lock, Second-Row, Prop and I reckon he'd be fine with Centre/Wing should there be an injury so I think he would be an upgrade on Brown

damiennp90

Bencher
Come on boys. Dragons have put the pressure on and we've started making stupid mistakes.

How can you score from a dummy kick ?

The ST Choke Thommo gets a tick.
Seems a good bloke - and was rated by the Raiders.

Should fit in nicely. Would have preferred Klemmer, but hey the great old bozo can only get what he can afford.
Mind you doesn't really fit in with the clowns view of "big strong" wins everything. Thommo is smaller than Winterstein.....

Great signing if true , certainly left field but very astute, nice work TBaz and The Immortal .And if they can ice Moylan , get Tom Wright game time next year iether wing or centre , blood Sipley and Tent? then we r looking good for 2018.After that maybe they can have a crack at world peace and old mate in North Korea Kim Jung and sort him out
Go Manly!!!
don't make fun of rocket man he's watching and listening and writing a list.

double hoops

First Grader
Bodene Thompson. Joel Thompson. Thank heaven Lance retired.

If Bozo gets the job done with those two, I'd be very happy. They are the type of no non-sense, quiet signings we need.

C'mon Bozo work it.

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18