The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
As much as I hate to admit it but I cant see Gutho in Sea Eagles colours again, I hope I am wrong. But we have another Bennett and Boyd situation over there with him and Arthur , he loves Arthur and Arthur loves him and he is Captain as well . They hold him in high regards over there, so I cant see him coming home anytime soon. He is very important to them

As much as I hate to admit it but I cant see Gutho in Sea Eagles colours again, I hope I am wrong. But we have another Bennett and Boyd situation over there with him and Arthur , he loves Arthur and Arthur loves him and he is Captain as well . They hold him in high regards over there, so I cant see him coming home anytime soon. He is very important to them

Yes he does love Arthur and he has won a wooden spoon with Arthur

We have 4 blokes already on a million or close to it and it seriously effects our depth. If you make that five we’ll be thin everywhere.
Four?
I know DCE is, but are you suggesting the Turbos and I presume Kapow are "close to $1-m"?

Why are we paying Walker 650k for his 10 odd games a year?
He was brought in as a 5/8 originally wasn’t he? If so thats probably why
Tom's on $900000 and Jakes on $700000 according to Zero tackle. Not sure what Kapow is on though..
I’m pretty sure it’s reasonable to think he’d be around 800K, think it started a bit lower but has increased a little on a back ended contract

Of course there is the old game played by clubs trying to make opposition clubs use up their salary cap by bidding for their players and upping their price. But Des wouldn't stoop so low...would he?:giggle:

Last edited:
Of course there is the old game played by clubs trying to make opposition clubs use up their salary cap but bidding for their players and upping their price. But Des wouldn't stoop so low...would he?:giggle:

They all do it. It’s a 2 edge sward with the player magager driving price up as well. Clubs will play along to absorb opposition cap space.

He was brought in as a 5/8 originally wasn’t he? If so thats probably why

I’m pretty sure it’s reasonable to think he’d be around 800K, think it started a bit lower but has increased a little on a back ended contract

Walker was brought in as a centre, but Killer was reluctant to move back to 5/8 because he still wanted to play centre.

That was unfortunately one theme of Killer's career.....reluctance. He was a reluctant 5/8, reluctant goal kicker and a reluctant rep player. Yet he was one of the best at all three as well as being the best centre in rugby league during his time.

Edit: just about the only thing he wasn't reluctant with, other than playing centre, was being Manly captain. He seemed to thrive on that. Like Freddy Jones, Bozo, Thrower, Fatty and Tooves before him, he was a natural leader.

Walker was brought in as a centre, but Killer was reluctant to move back to 5/8 because he still wanted to play centre.

That was unfortunately one theme of Killer's career.....reluctance. He was a reluctant 5/8, reluctant goal kicker and a reluctant rep player. Yet he was one of the best at all three as well as being the best centre in rugby league during his time.

Edit: just about the only thing he wasn't reluctant with, other than playing centre, was being Manly captain. He seemed to thrive on that. Like Freddy Jones, Bozo, Thrower, Fatty and Tooves before him, he was a natural leader.
I’d kill for a killer 2.0

gutho smotho
He left
I liked the kid but he left

Serious though

My opinion is that if he was to come back it would be on big money and the assumed right to be a regular 1st grader no matter how well he plays or doesn’t play which takes the edge of competition

Some of our youngsters that are now hungry & competing their asses off at the beginning of their careers represents more value

I Don’t think he is a dud but these kids coming though will thrive on the competitive environment that i think Des is trying to create

Let him be the parra saviour
Get the cash from them and allow his career to bevjudged on his decision to okay in blue and gold

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8