The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Forget Gutho. I'm hopi g Des is playing a slightly longer game.

If we as some have suggested go out and find a great 5/8 and or centre then where does that leave the junior talent coming through? Probably in a silvertails thread in 5 years time saying ' I wish we never let him go or let's get him back'....

Hoppa jnr, Schuster and Ben T should be prioritised and locked up.

1.Tom T
2. Jorge
3. Hoppa Jnr
4.Garrick
5.Anderson perhaps?
6. Elegy for a while then Schuster
7. Dce till contract up then Cade or similar
8. AFB
9.Finau
10. Kapow then Boyle or Pasenka
11.waddel
12. Siri
13. Jake

14. Gogetmyjetski
15.tangles
16. Boyle
17. Pasenka

Job done.....

We can’t pay gutho fullback money obviously but we need a 5/8

I still think that with more confidence, LG could well prove what we need there.

Walker I think, sadly, is done as far as being a Manly player and possibly an NRL player for a while. Parker, Suli and Elliot are OK, but I'd be more than happy with someone like Gutho at centre.....not that I think it will happen.

I still think that with more confidence, LG could well prove what we need there.

Walker I think, sadly, is done as far as being a Manly player and possibly an NRL player for a while. Parker, Suli and Elliot are OK, but I'd be more than happy with someone like Gutho at centre.....not that I think it will happen.
LG could be a very good foil for Chez. If we keep winning then he'll only get better. He has a good pass on him and is good support. Had a few good kicks and one poor one but he can only grow from here.

Some on the one eyed worm rate Guvvo the slimes best utility back since Ken Hey.
One even went so far as
Wait for it.....
Eddie Flahey.
I'm glad it's not me sticking my neck out that far...

gutho smotho
He left
I liked the kid but he left

Serious though

My opinion is that if he was to come back it would be on big money and the assumed right to be a regular 1st grader no matter how well he plays or doesn’t play which takes the edge of competition

Some of our youngsters that are now hungry & competing their asses off at the beginning of their careers represents more value

I Don’t think he is a dud but these kids coming though will thrive on the competitive environment that i think Des is trying to create

Let him be the parra saviour
Get the cash from them and allow his career to bevjudged on his decision to okay in blue and gold

He signed an extension, was paraded around by the club then pretty much dumped once the club needed to clear cap space for Walker and Marty

We treated him pretty poorly.....

He signed an extension, was paraded around by the club then pretty much dumped once the club needed to clear cap space for Walker and Marty

I dont see it that way ....

We had Lyon and Matai on the books and the games best rising star and prospect in Tom Turbo to secure as well as the salary cap to deal with

Cant keep them, Parra paid overs all but I am glad we kept Turbo instead of Gutho

Last edited:
We will win the comp without Gutho

We are rebuilding and we will build a back line that will deliver

I do not see any concerns here

We have won comps without the Incomparable Immortal . We can win a comp without Gutho

Do you think Gutho will take a pay cut from the overs that he will be paid by the slime to come to us ?

Here he is feathered friends .......

loud and proud wearing his wooden spoon colours

remote.axd.png

Agree mate
But that was then
This is now
My comments on now still stand
Our current kids are in the same boat as gutho was and at the time we should have kept him but didn’t

Let’s not do it again as our current crop offer more long term value

I dont see it that way ....

We had Lyon and Matai on the books and the games best rising star and prospect in Tom Turbo to secure as well as the salary cap to deal with

Cant keep them, Parra paid overs all but I am glad we kept Turbo instead of Gutho
It was due to Marty coming 1 year early after that Joe Kelly email mix up where some Canadian was sent Marty's contract and he put it on twitter :confused:

Gutho was 'tapped on the shoulder' and he kindly complied :clap:

It was due to Marty coming 1 year early after that Joe Kelly email mix up where some Canadian was sent Marty's contract and he put it on twitter :confused:

Gutho was 'tapped on the shoulder' and he kindly complied :clap:
Yes he was because
aT he time we had Killer , Matai, and Snake on our books and the best young back prospect in the NRL in Tommy Turbo and Marty was an elite player too good to refuse

One player had to go and I am glad it was not Tommy

You cant keep them all as no club does and I am glad we kept our best prospect

Not sure if already posted but was in Rothfields Sunday column:

BRING GUTHO HOME

MANLY godfather Ken Arthurson wants his old club to sign Parramatta Eels skipper Clint Gutherson to return home to the northern peninsula in 2020.

Arthurson even phoned Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler last week to encourage him to chase the talented utility back. Hasler has an enormous amount of respect for Arthurson.

Gutherson is off contract after this season and the Eels are refusing to budge on a $500,000-a-year offer. He will make a decision in the near future.

Parramatta have put in an upgraded offer to skipper Clint Gutherson to keep him at the club beyond 2019.

NRL.com understands the Eels, who held a recruitment and retention meeting last Thursday to discuss his future, have decided to up the offer they originally put to Gutherson before Christmas.

The cows should sign him, he’d be a great fit up there sniffing around behind JT and inside Morgan.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8