The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jimmy the Jet please. But @Snake you declined what I knew as fact about Suli, and also told me Taupau was definitely leaving, so I'm dubious. ;)

Sorry mate.

I dont see it that way ....

We had Lyon and Matai on the books and the games best rising star and prospect in Tom Turbo to secure as well as the salary cap to deal with

Cant keep them, Parra paid overs all but I am glad we kept Turbo instead of Gutho
Two centres who did not see the year out? Or at least lot the following year

He was used by the club after foz then DCE looked like leaving - much like Marty Ballin

Two centres who did not see the year out? Or at least lot the following year

He was used by the club after foz then DCE looked like leaving - much like Marty Ballin
Yes feathered friend , All clubs try and use the Salary cup to their advantage just like players use other clubs that pay overs

I had an issue with management at that time announcing player signings...like Gutho or Matt B who were then cut soon after
Thats life , With the Salary cap you have to cut some one.
Matt who was great for us proved to be a great cut as he spent most of his contract money on the side lines at the Tigers and I would rather have had cut Gutho than the more superior player Tom Turbo . Cant keep them all .
I have no issue with management there

Thats life , With the Salary cap you have to cut some one.
Matt who was great for us proved to be a great cut as he spent most of his contract money on the side lines at the Tigers and I would rather have had cut Gutho than the more superior player Tom Turbo . Cant keep them all .
I have no issue with management there

I think you may be missing LSZ’s point. Both Ballin and Gutherson were extended and then cut within a short space of time. The club should have just cut both without extending their contracts and it wouldn’t have been as bad

I think you may be missing LSZ’s point. Both Ballin and Gutherson were extended and then cut within a short space of time. The club should have just cut both without extending their contracts and it wouldn’t have upset the fans as much

Some fans like me are not upset as players have left their club under contract for another club for more money

The NRL is a business and with any business contracts can be legally broken . Our club did nothing illegal but made the correct tough decision.

At the end of the day We have kept the best In Tom Turbo and During the end of Ballins great career with Manly his time with the Tigers was injury prone.

Some fans like me are not upset as players have left their club under contract for another club for more money

The NRL is a business and with any business contracts can be legally broken . Our club did nothing illegal but made the correct tough decision.

At the end of the day We have kept the best In Tom Turbo and During the end of Ballins great career with Manly his time with the Tigers was injury prone.

Yeah you totally missed the point again...

Fact: In his 2 Season West Tigers contract from 2016 - 2017 Matt Ballin played only 3 games
Fact: Tom Turbo played 4 games for Australia and 3 games for NSW
Gutho Is yet to Represent Australia or NSW

Last edited:
We aren't chasing Gutho or Aitken. We are looking at someone north of the border!
At least give us this Snake.
Is he any good?
I hope not just a stop gap player like we've had to make do with in recent times.

I think you have also missed my point .
The other point is Gutho won a wooden spoon with Parra
Ballin is back home with us
and the Sea eagles are flying high

More useless rhetoric from you

What is being said is that Manly should have cut both Gutherson and Ballin instead of re-signing both, making a very public announcement of the re-signings for goodwill and then cutting the players shortly after.

Think of it this way Bozo. If you were in a relationship that you didn’t want to be with, would you propose to marry that person and then split with them or would you just split with them. Seems like the 2nd option would be easier right?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6