The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I’d love to have Gutherson back but I was a little worried about him coming back to play centre. If one of the reasons he left us in the first place was to play fullback, it didn’t sit well with me he coming back to a position he’d rather not play in.

Maybe we were used to get his price up at parra, good on them if it worked out that way. The slime paying overs to keep him was a win in the end.

It still irks me to see him in that slimey jumper but we can spend our money on signing our young guns coming through.

As for Roberts, he may be fast but that is all he has going for him. I think that signing will end badly. I’d stick with Walker, better the devil you know...

Great outcome for him.

And lets be honest, all of this has likely cost Parra extra $$$, and perhaps de-stabilised their season too. What a ripper! Good man Gutho - playing for manly even whilst playing for the Eels.

Onwards and upwards. Gotta finish above them this year.

For the love if God, do NOT go after Roberts.

If they want a fast moron who taints the club's reputation ......we have one in Walker. Just re-sign him.

At least he knows the systems, offers more ball playing options than Roberts...and would hopefully have some sense of loyalty to Des and the club after his recent trial.

Roberts is fast. That's it.

He is a far greater risk to team culture than Walker.

Would prefer both away from Brookvale, but if its one or the other....I'll take Walker every time.

Last edited:
Good let it go !!! keep walker cheaper if he plays good rest of the season if not im sure des has a plan C ,as for roberts a big FAT N-O

Well... that’s that it would seem...

As for Roberts.. as was alluded to by a few posters, apparently there’s a few serious issues that have been swept under the carpet by Brisbane: what odds that he signs with us and those issues are all suddenly aired, and Toddles does his famous “eyeball” test and suspends him?

Not worth the risk..

Disappointing but ultimately that scenario was a win win for us. Gutho either leaves to manly, hurting the eels, or Gutho forces the eels to re-sign Brad Arthur so that he can make them pay overs for him to stay, hurting the eels :)

Well... that’s that it would seem...

As for Roberts.. as was alluded to by a few posters, apparently there’s a few serious issues that have been swept under the carpet by Brisbane: what odds that he signs with us and those issues are all suddenly aired, and Toddles does his famous “eyeball” test and suspends him?

Not worth the risk..

I think there’s a good chance those issues will start to see the light of day just by him coming back to any Sydney club, let alone Manly!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8