The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Be interesting over the coming weeks to see how Parra fare. They have three or four tough games before the week off and how they handle them could see a change of attitude from the Parramatta power brokers. I think part of giving King Arthur a two year contract was to hold onto Gutherson. If he fails, and his history isn't too encouraging at 46% win rate, then where does that leave Gutho?

Didn't want Gutho anyway. I think Croker can improve and be a handy 5/8 outside DCE. We have a better fullback in Tom and Walker is a better centre than Gutho, and if Walker is re-signed for a bit less considering the circumstances, that is a win for Manly.
Agree, he's probably acquired too much Parramatta DNA to ever fit in with Manly again.
It's obvious in those try celebrations of his

I rate Walker the second best centre in the game. He’s won a lot of games for manly that we would have lost. Not his fault we got him a year early and an unproven coach played him at six. And continued playing him there. He will be a huge spark to this side. What happened with the arrest is horrible. But there are plenty of relationships that have seen that sort of thing happen and have come through the other side. It’s not like he kicked his partner in the stomach. Give him a chance. A last one yes.

Actually agree with Gordon Tallis saying to stop calling him "King" I dont know where that started but it is an absolutely ridiculous nickname for him, It's like some moron out west got him mixed up with Brad Arthur because "King Arthur" almost makes sense, but "King Gutho" is just ****ing stupid. As much as I hated watching Wally towel the Blues up he is the real "KING" and to call Gutho who is essentially just a first grader that has achieved not much more than a wooden spoon and recovering from 2 knee recons a King is sad and pathetic. I wish Gutho personal happiness but I wish him no success as long as he is being manipulated and used as a pawn by that slimy Tip Rat Brad Arthur.

Actually agree with Gordon Tallis saying to stop calling him "King" I dont know where that started but it is an absolutely ridiculous nickname for him, It's like some moron out west got him mixed up with Brad Arthur because "King Arthur" almost makes sense, but "King Gutho" is just ****ing stupid. As much as I hated watching Wally towel the Blues up he is the real "KING" and to call Gutho who is essentially just a first grader that has achieved not much more than a wooden spoon and recovering from 2 knee recons a King is sad and pathetic. I wish Gutho personal happiness but I wish him no success as long as he is being manipulated and used as a pawn by that slimy Tip Rat Brad Arthur.
I couldn't agree more. Gutho is a solid first grader, end of story. He may have been able to develop into something more with NRL quality coaching but he chose to be coached by Brad Arthur so that's all he'll ever be. Good luck to him earning that sort of coin because he wouldn't be getting that anywhere else but where he is now. I sincerely hope he gets the right financial advice and sets himself up for the future because those earnings will most likely only last for the term of this contract.

I have stated before it was my opinion that manly connection was used as a lever. Fair enough, maybe it was used to get a true valuation.

Guthersons greatest value is to the eels. A good player and their captain. There original offer of around 450k was a shocker. At 650/700k price is fair. We have 3 players above this level.

King Gutho is a Fan fave and Tallis just can't handle a non queenslander's popularity.

No one calls Gutho just King in the first place :shake:

Just like Wolfman, the Fans love players who engage with them. Something Tallis never did :cool:

Wally's a Wanker to every Blues supporter in any case :rofl:

The one and only King is Elvis :inlove:

giphy.gif

Pretty sure the fans gave him that name either way can you blame them he was great for them when they came 4th hes the reason they got there he played so many positions and played well in all of them. The poor buggers have achieved nothing in the last 33 years let them have there would be king. Its all in good fun

King Gutho is a Fan fave and Tallis just can't handle a non queenslander's popularity.

No one calls Gutho just King in the first place :shake:

Just like Wolfman, the Fans love players who engage with them. Something Tallis never did :cool:

Wally's a Wanker to every Blues supporter in any case :rofl:

The one and only King is Elvis :inlove:

giphy.gif
I did it myyyyyyyyyyy way!

At leats we made parra pay Gutho a lot more than they wanted to

Details around Gutherson’s new deal revealed
Fair to say Gutherson is making some serious bank!

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - JUNE 14: Clint Gutherson of the Eels looks on during the round 15 NRL match between the Parramatta Eels and the South Sydney Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium on June 14, 2018 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Matt King/Getty Images)
New details have emerged surrounding Clint Gutherson’s three-year deal worth an estimated $2.3 million, as reported by the Daily Telegraph.

It is understood that the 24-year old has a will receive a bonus in his deal, taking his annual salary up to $750,000.

The Eels were forced to pay a number of sweeteners to retain their man, including a $50,000 signing bonus, a car and the possibility of an extra $350,000 in State of Origin bonuses.

hould Gutherson be picked by the injury-riddled Blues, his contract would increase $50,000 a year. He is eligible for such bonuses in 2020, 2021 and 2022.

It is being reported that it is the same deal that Gutherson’s management tabled the Eels late last year.

https://www.zerotackle.com/details-...er&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Zero+Tackle

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8