The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think gutherson did the right thing , the club spit in his face like they did Toovs , they recruited Dylan Walker at the expense of a manly junior

Loyalty demands Loyalty and Manly showed him no loyalty

Why should he run back to Manly

I fully support Gutherson decision this was not about money , it was a big stuff you to the club that released him.

Well done Clint I admire your decision

This what happens when you disrespect people you owe respect to

Last edited:
Would have been good to get Gutho back, but I really think he would have only been likely to play 5/8 for us and to be honest he is a little unproven at the position in NRL level. The risk may have been too high for top dollar.

We can keep our powder dry now and look elsewhere. Does the fact that we were chasing Gutho mean that Elgey hasn't impressed sufficiently ? Given he was dropped a few weeks back it seems plausible. Are we likely to be actively recruiting a 6 moving forward ? 9,7 and 1 of the spine look good - 6 is the missing link.

I think gutherson did the right thing , the club spit in his face like they did Toovs , they recruited Dylan Walker at the expense of a manly junior

Loyalty demands Loyalty and Manly showed him no loyalty

Why should he run back to Manly

I fully support Gutherson decision this was not about money , it was a big stuff you to the club that released him.

Well done Clint I admire your decision

This what happens when you disrespect people you owe respect to
We sold a twice busted Gutherson that had played 4 NRL games in 2 season and bought a useable Walker that had represented Australia and played in a Grand Final winning side....

what pricks are we???

Last edited:
We sold a twice busted Gutherson that had played 4 NRL games in 2 season and bought a useable Walker that had represented Australia and played in a Grand Final winning side....

what pricks are we???
http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/clinton-gutherson/summary.html
Gutho 2016-
70 games and 25 tries win 50%

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/dylan-walker/summary.html
Walker 2016-
57 games and 23 tries win 43%

Manly had 6 months less games for at least twice the contract monies from Walker :cool:

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/clinton-gutherson/summary.html
Gutho 2016-
70 games and 25 tries win 50%

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/dylan-walker/summary.html
Walker 2016-
57 games and 23 tries win 43%

Manly had 6 months less games for at least twice the contract monies from Walker :cool:
Doesn't mean it was a bad decision at the time HM.... hindsight is wonderful, we would never have let JWH go either.... and Thurston would have been a 1 club player - at the Bulldogs....

My point is that comparing Gutho and Walker AT THE TIME OF THE TRADE is unfair and Manly can hardly be accused of not being loyal over it.... Glen Stewart yes, Gutho c'mon....

Plus your stats show that Dylan is a more potent attacker anyways....

what pricks are we???

The Australian test player that was kicked out of Souths ?

The guy we signed to play 5/8 but is not a 5/8 ?

The Australian test player that has played 50 % of the games in 3 years ?

Parra saw the value in him so does Freddy Joey etc club captain

The Australian test player that was kicked out of Souths ?

The guy we signed to play 5/8 but is not a 5/8 ?

The Australian test player that has played 50 % of the games in 3 years ?

Parra saw the value in him so does Freddy Joey etc club captain
Good luck to Parra, but he and DW were still at totally different points of their careers when he left....
not saying it was right, but Manly were hardly unloyal.....

Good luck to Parra, but he and DW were still at totally different points of their careers when he left....
not saying it was right, but Manly were hardly unloyal.....

It’s all in the past now :) he’s a great footballer , when you are a local junior who was a junior kangaroo and versatile, you would hope the club showed faith in him

We don’t have a crystal ball

Dylan walker is great centre when he is on the park no doubt

We lost snake , Matai and Lyon all at one time virtually , he was groomed to become a manly champion

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7